Are you happy freelancing in Fiverr?

Freelancing at Fiverr  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like working at Fiverr?

• Are you happy here?
    • I'm not happy here, but I don't have another option

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/04/2022 at 09:55 PM

Per the other thread you have going, your goal appears to be purely money.  Nothing wrong with that in and of itself, but because you are doing it for money, and are not making money, then you don't like your experience.  The saying is trite, but true; do what you love and the money will follow.  If you don't love doing YouTube art just for the sake of doing it, then it will come out in your work, your customers will know, and it will be very difficult for you to be successful. 

• Like 10
  • Confused 1
  • Up 2

Personally, I haven't had any success yet with the site, but I don't mind giving it time. The opportunity can come any time -- Fiverr is just a tool from the many for marketing. I started it to gain experience, and to get my business a little more visibility since social media is not really my thing. If a spammer could find me already, maybe someone legit will, too! It's a user friendly space with a great community, and I'm glad to be here. Good luck to everyone!

• Like 6
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, cs_evans said:

Per the other thread you have going, your goal appears to be purely money.  Nothing wrong with that in and of itself, but because you are doing it for money, and are not making money, then you don't like your experience.  The saying is trite, but true; do what you love and the money will follow.  If you don't love doing YouTube art just for the sake of doing it, then it will come out in your work, your customers will know, and it will be very difficult for you to be successful. 

And you are who to tell me about my money goal?? Is there any other reason to be here? Any goal I haven't realized?

• Like 5

I'm happy enough with Fiverr that I'm still here using it to the best of my ability and learning how to improve. I'm grateful for finding it randomly 10 years ago.

I do have a lot of other off-Fiverr things I do, too, which often make me happier.

• Like 6

Personally I would say that I am happy about freelancing, and Fiverr is one of the reasons why I am happy about freelancing, because this is one of the best platforms for me (but not the only one).

If someone is not happy about Fiverr - try other platforms! If you ready for freelancing, you will definitely find 1-3 best of the best platforms for you.

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, file_wizzard said:

And you are who to tell me about my money goal??

I'm the guy answering the questions you post, and I am not telling you what your goals are; I could not care less what they are.  But you wrote another diatribe about how unfair it is that you are awesome and not getting paid for your awesomeness. So maybe you find happiness in something else. 

58 minutes ago, file_wizzard said:

Is there any other reason to be here?

Without question there is.  I am here purely to have fun doing something I love. Even though it is highly competitive, this is my best opportunity to do something which makes me happy and reach a global audience. No one in their right mind should use Fiverr as the sole source of income, including those who make six figures with it.  This is a publicly traded company who can change their policy at any moment and not one person here has control over it.  

1 hour ago, file_wizzard said:

Any goal I haven't realized?

That is for you to decide. 

• Like 12

I chose freelancing for myself sometimes ago: 

I'm really happy to be a freelancer in general, not specifically on Fiverr. However, I do make a decent amount of money here and that's one of the most important reasons why I'm here and happy. 

For many, unlike me, happiness would be something else. However, it is money for me. I'm a woman who had to compromise on many things while growing up including things that would have costed me a few bucks but I couldn't afford.  

I exactly remember, on one fine day while coming back home from college, I had no money to rent a taxi or something and asked literally dozens of my friends to borrow me some money (less than one dollar) until one friend of mine helped. 

Having said that, I currently earn almost four to five times of what I could've earned on a conventional 'great local job'. 

Long story short, I'm happy because I'm a freelancer and Fiverr is, say, contributing 20-25 percent to my happiness. 

• Like 2

Yes, very happy. I like my customers, I love my work. I started out doing something I was mediocre at for small amounts of money and slowly built my business up, picking up new skills and improving the ones I already had. Now I'm making a lot more money than I ever expected. I still would like to make significantly more so I can really consider myself independent, but I'm delighted to have made it this far, and I probably would not have done it with Fiverr. Even if Fiverr crashed tomorrow and was no more, I'd have a solid foundation from what I have learned and accomplished here.

• Like 5