Becareful How You Promote Your Gigs

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2022 at 2:34 PM, cs_evans said:

This is such an important point few seem to grasp.  I don't know if it is because people don't have real-world business experience, or don't bother to think about how their business platform works.  I have no knowledge of Fiverr's formulas, beyond what we all know, but it isn't that hard to do the decision tree for who they want to promote.  Imagine two sellers selling the same service for $100

Seller 1 (poor marketing):  10,000 impressions per day, 10 clicks per day, .01 sales per day = $1 in sales per day = $0.20 per day revenue for Fiverr

Seller 2(quality marketing): 1,000 impressions per day, 75 clicks per day, 1.2 sales per day = $120 in sales per day = $24 per day revenue for Fiverr

If I'm running the business, I go with seller 2 all day long.  There is a reason Fiverr posts your stats; it gives you extremely valuable information on what you may need to tweek. 

You right about this, some sellers felt by copying another seller's gig will help them to rank higher but unknown to them that it doesn't work that way. Quality service delivery is paramount to high rating and possibility of getting more orders. 

• Like 36
  • Thanks 2

I have learnt, just alot and thank you all for the useful submissions and contributions. 

However, citing my newbie experience as an example (could be resourceful too): i opened a fiverr account, created a gig (SHOPIFY PROMOTION), got my first buyer and order through facebook (scouting). After the buyer ordered me ; as my first order, i gave him more than he paid for and he gave me TIPS ($5). i realised that ,getting tips from buyers can be an ADVANTAGE ON FIVERR, withing few days, as a new seller and just 2 reviews, i was in the fiverr's first page. 

How best can you promote your gig? ACQUIRE MORE SKILL AND UPGRADE YOUR SKILL AND IMPROVE YOUR UPSELLING ABILITY, TRY TO COMPLETE  6-7 OR MORE OF FIVERR's 10 DAILY OFFER, USE FIVER PROMOTION.COM , SHARE YOUR GIG ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND GET FAVOURITES TOO: viewing this from a psycological perspective, gig Favourite might be the reason you get your first order. A NEW GIG (NO REVIEWS, NO FAVOURITE) VS A NEW GIG (NO REVIEW BUT ONLY 3❤️) , as an unexperienced buyer, i am likely to contact the gig with favourite. 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, rokeyaanwartuli said:

I have good clicks and impression through but didn't get offers

Offers or Order? If you do not see enough offers, then maybe you have only A gig on your account and if what you're not getting is Order, you need to check and modify your pricing, image and do more of facebook, instagram, twitter scouting (to get buyers) and invite them to fiverr and place their order(s); those r e v i e w s go a long way!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

On 2/3/2022 at 8:07 PM, briannx said:

It's usually very nerve-racking when you want to gain visibility in the marketplace but you don't seem to get any. In your desperation, you decide to promote your gigs in any way or every way possible. Many sellers go the extra mile in promoting their gigs the wrong way. While Fiverr encourages sellers to share and promote their gigs, it should be done so carefully and in accordance with their guidelines, either by using their promoted gigs option or sharing through legitimate sites.

This is why you should be careful how you promote your gigs

Some sellers especially the newbies often go on Instagram, Telegram, Facebook groups, or other social sites to do gig favorite exchanges or all the likes. The problem with this is that every time someone clicks on your link and lands on your profile, the Fiverr algorithm calculates that as "One Click". This means you will mostly be getting clicks from low-quality traffic which don't convert into sales.

As a result of this, your total conversion rate (Visitors you convert into buyers) will be extremely low which in turn will significantly harm your profile instead of helping it. Getting high numbers of impressions or clicks are useless if they don't convert into sales. This doesn't mean you can't promote or shouldn't promote your gigs. it only means do it the right way or allow Fiverr to do it organically. There are no hacks to this thing.

Secondly, gig favorites don't help your gig boost in terms of visibility. Gig favorites are simply bookmarks that help you SAVE the services you want to buy. But it doesn't help you boost your gig's visibility.

As a new seller, I'm interested to know How can I promote my Gig ?

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

On 2/3/2022 at 7:37 PM, briannx said:

It's usually very nerve-racking when you want to gain visibility in the marketplace but you don't seem to get any. In your desperation, you decide to promote your gigs in any way or every way possible. Many sellers go the extra mile in promoting their gigs the wrong way. While Fiverr encourages sellers to share and promote their gigs, it should be done so carefully and in accordance with their guidelines, either by using their promoted gigs option or sharing through legitimate sites.

This is why you should be careful how you promote your gigs

Some sellers especially the newbies often go on Instagram, Telegram, Facebook groups, or other social sites to do gig favorite exchanges or all the likes. The problem with this is that every time someone clicks on your link and lands on your profile, the Fiverr algorithm calculates that as "One Click". This means you will mostly be getting clicks from low-quality traffic which don't convert into sales.

As a result of this, your total conversion rate (Visitors you convert into buyers) will be extremely low which in turn will significantly harm your profile instead of helping it. Getting high numbers of impressions or clicks are useless if they don't convert into sales. This doesn't mean you can't promote or shouldn't promote your gigs. it only means do it the right way or allow Fiverr to do it organically. There are no hacks to this thing.

Secondly, gig favorites don't help your gig boost in terms of visibility. Gig favorites are simply bookmarks that help you SAVE the services you want to buy. But it doesn't help you boost your gig's visibility.

Thanks. This was helpful

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1