how do i change my e-mail address account ?

denimchild

just over a year ago my hotmail account was hacked , and i couldnt get back into it , because i couldnt remember enough information to get myself back in , and i also didnt have a backup e-mail to send verification codes to , so ive been permanently locked out of my old account . ive learnt my lesson , and now i have a main e-mail and a backup one . the problem is fiverr is still sending messages to my locked account . the question is , how do i update my fiverr e-mail info , so that it sends messages to my new accounts , coz every time ive looked into the subject , it says it will send a message to the account im locked out of ?

im actually a buyer , so ive probably written this question in the wrong place , apologies if i have . ive tried doing what youve suggested a few times , and i basically get this message..........''For the email change to take effect, please follow instructions in an email sent to the original address(.....................hotmail.co.uk)

I'm afraid you can't do anything about this. From what it looks like, you don't have enough proof to prove that the hacked account was yours and to change your email in Fiverr, your old email needs to confirm this change. This is most likely done to prevent account stealing. I believe in this case you SHOULD start another Fiverr account, because using your old one is risky and there might not be another solution.

9 hours ago, denimchild said:

so what if i called up fiverr support and gave them my new e-mail address , do you think they could change it manually ?

They definitely could, but the thing here is, 'Why would they?' You have no proof that that email account is yours. Just because you message them from the same/different Fiverr account asking to change the account's email, you might not even be the original owner (in support's eyes). Let's just say for example that you're a seller on Fiverr with hundreds of dollars already in that account. Someone SOMEHOW manages to get into your account. Now right now, they don't have COMPLETE control over your account, but if they change the account's email address, they can not only take the money in that account, but also continue pretending to be YOU and sell your services using the reputation you've build up with you not having any way to access your account back. 

1 hour ago, denimchild said:

do you need to close down the old account before you can open up a new one ?

Well, according to TOS, you're only allowed to have one, but I'm not personally sure how you can shut down an old account. Personally, I think it's a risk to continue using your old account, so I wouldn't recommend buying anything on that account, but if there is something you've bought, just make sure you take a backup of it in case you need it in the future and then just create a new account (and stop using the old one).

Archived