Buyer wants to cancel order after I delivered

nof999

Question

I had a good experience working with this buyer on their first order, but prior to completing the second order- I had shared multiple designs of the concept that the buyer requested hours before the delivery due date. He responded after the delivery by saying, "Please revise the delivery according to my comments below.", but did not attach any comments.

The next day I inquired about the revisions, but he responded with, "These are not really the direction I wanted to go. I can either eat it or cancel this order. I will not use these. Nothing personal I want more of an artist's style. Thanks anyway." But mind you, he gave me very little instructions ( as he did the first order) on what kind of style he desired, and instead of communicating about the revision or what kind of style he wanted he's asking to cancel it OR accept it and likely write me a bad review. The gig was only $5, and I spent a lot of time creating those designs, but I'm still willing to recreate them if he offered any direction. I told him I understand if he wants to cancel, but I am also up for the challenge of recreating the design. 

1. Is this something that happens often with graphic design orders?

2. He hasn't responded, so if nothing is done in 3 days- will the order autocomplete and he can write me a bad review?

3. Is this something that I should contact the Resolution Centre about?

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Archived