Vacation Mode: Limited to 28 days a year

ryangillam

Will the 28 days be ‘recharged’ on the basis of a calender year or how does it work? I will be leaving for four weeks next month. I will burn all my vacation mode days.

When will my days be recharged. Will that be next year in July (in which case I am screwed, because I don’t know what my plans will be for next year) or will that be at the first of January?

Ohhhh Heeeeckkk Nooooo

Fiverr if you hear me:

I pay 20% to you, I am supposed to be my own boss, but jet you fool with my business and independance with no regards.

If you want to act like an employee and put me on restriction, please pay my health insurance, put a 19% income tax on all buy and I want regulated work houers.

If not, I am confused, is this an online platform that I use as a freelancer and pay 20% to use your platform or am I employed by you???

I think wee need to speak up about this issue as well!

This is a real bummer… I have been using the vacation mode so I do not get overbooked. I actually read the whole book I review, so getting to pause my gigs is sometimes really needed so I can finish the gigs before I have another book to read. Sometimes it takes me two days to read one book…

So I can’t put it on vacation mode… but yet customers can now give me less stars if I take too long?

Reply to @thecreativeguys: Maybe write to the support explaining your situation? I don’t know, I’m a bit hopeless too.

This place it’s weird for me, I work on other freelancer webs and there is no limit on the “Not available” profile tag and no punishment for not answering messages and more important: Contracts do not start until YOU choose to accept it.

Reply to @ciellchan: Yea… I read once on the forum that when you suspend your gigs it hurts your searching…

The only thing to do is simply leave your gigs active but put a message on your profile “on vacation” (check out my profile)

however people just don’t read.

I wasn’t on fiverr for 2 days. I had 11 messages to respond.

EACH ONE: "We are currently on vacation and not accepting any orders"

As simple as that… or maybe not 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There’s no limit, say you put it on vacation for 28 days and you find out you need more vacation time, then find an internet connection, on the 27 day, take it out of vacation mode and put it back on vacation mode for another 28 days.

So unless you’re going to the jungle for 3-months, you’re OK. Another alternative is to deactivate your gigs. If the can’t order, you can’t be later.

Either way, most people can’t afford 28-days of vacation, and even if they could, most hotels have computer rooms and/or internet connections. You can even go to an internet cafe.

So does Fiverr count weekends as workdays? Because 28 days isn’t even enough to cover weekends. I was planning on setting weekends to vacations so as not to disrupt workflow but expecting us to work 7 days a week seems excessive. Plus aren’t we basically independent contractors who can set our own schedule? That’s the benefits of handling your own business. I’m new so maybe I’m missing something in all this but this thread worries me.

Incrediblly stupid = I had major brain surgery…emergency, so no time to pause anything.

I did have a friend change the profile and contact users - but due to late cancelations (no one was at all upset) I lost ALL my extras. Who ever came up with this system?

I thought we were freelance

Archived