Hello expert designers! Need your valuable opinion.

Fiverr recommend flicker for portfolio image although I think flicker is not enough for a graphic/logo designer. Because, such as a logo, A logo is not just a logo, it's a brand. It has a huge impact and it has a feeling of excitement. A good logo has a story, has a meaning, has an appeal, has a heart-touching vibe.... So, its not possible to show all meaning of a logo/design by just an image. And maximum client never identify a good designer by just see an image. But if a client saw a full history behind the logo then he can identify a real designer. And I think Behance is a portfolio site where we can show the full history behind a design. Otherwise i saw here are many of level1/2 designers didn't know the design principles which is foundation of a quality logo/design. And some level1/are giving design from free stock site. And a real designer who make his design by following design principal, he can't sell his design by low coast. 

Can we request Fiverr for allow another portfolio site?

• Like 16
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, i_vector said:

i am trying too added my flickr portfulio

but

when i paste my flickr portfulio 

fiver don't allowed it

now what should i do for it

You need to read the Fiverr Terms of Service https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service It’s very important Moving forward. You will be stopped from posting any outside content as a link. It has to be the original work and you must post it. That prevents fraud and malicious behavior, the Terms will say it better than me. Fiverr has very strict rules and you must read them and understand them and PLEASE don’t go against the rules because you run the risk of getting your account banded. 

Edited by melissaharlowvo
  • Like 13

4 minutes ago, melissaharlowvo said:

You need to read the Fiverr Terms of Service! It’s very important Moving forward. You will be stopped from posting any outside content as a link. It has to be the original work and you must post it. That prevents fraud and malicious behavior, the Terms will say it better than me. Fiverr has very strict rules and you must read them and understand them and PLEASE don’t go against the rules because you run the risk of getting your account banded. 

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

• Like 14

12 hours ago, rachelbostwick said:

Have you thought about creating a PDF file that highlights one or two logos you have created with information about what makes them such a powerful brand? I think a lot of gigs have the option to upload a PDF or two for your gallery.

Yes I have uploaded 1 pdf with every gig, but if I try to include full history of a logo in a file then the file size also gets bigger. Thanks for your suggestion.

• Like 13

7 hours ago, nokta_graphics said:

Yes I have uploaded 1 pdf with every gig, but if I try to include full history of a logo in a file then the file size also gets bigger. Thanks for your suggestion.

I think if you use Illustrator or coreldraw and export as a PDF, the file size should be minimal under 2MB. If you have images of a higher resolution in the design, I'd suggest you try to reduce its quality to the total file size can be under 2MB. 

If build a reputation on the platform, it will get a certain stage fiverr will allow you create a portfolio on your profile where you can include your case studies. 

I hope this helps. 

• Like 11
  • Up 3

3 minutes ago, symbolx said:

I think if you use Illustrator or coreldraw and export as a PDF, the file size should be minimal under 2MB. If you have images of a higher resolution in the design, I'd suggest you try to reduce its quality to the total file size can be under 2MB. 

👆 This 

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to document the entire history of a logo in more than 2mb. And you don't need more than two logo histories to impress a future client - more than that and you'll lose their attention.

• Like 9
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

Flickr is such a bizarre choice for an “official” portfolio host. I remember it being all the rage around 2010-ish. Then yahoo! acquired it and killed it immediately. I wonder if Fiverr has made a deal with them back in the day because Fiverr/Flickr sounded similar. 

I agree that it’s not a good platform for a design portfolio. It was made specifically to exhibit photography.

You can write to customer support and make suggestions. Sometimes they listen if they accumulate enough requests. 

Edited by lenasemenkova
  • Like 9
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
On 1/27/2022 at 12:43 PM, nokta_graphics said:

If you have a file size that's too big and you're not sure how to play around with the compression setting go to google and type "Adobe PDF Compress". Adobe offers an auto compression for pdf's on their site for free.

• Like 3