Buyer wants to purchase a month of service

woopsdz

Hello,

I'm newer to Fiverr and recently had a request from a buyer to purchase a month's worth of service for a flat fee. I'm not even sure how this would work? It's for VA services, but I'm hesitant to get one fee without knowing how much time it will take me. Is it better to just break it up into say a week of service, up to a certain amount of hours? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, woopsdz said:

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you! 

If you aren't 100% confident in the time it will take you and aren't sure if its financially doable for you, perhaps request you start with 1 week of service and go from there. This should help you get a handle on the workload and time commitment. Its reasonable for the both of you to try this to make sure its a mutual fit.

If you decide to move forward, maybe you could also consider doing milestone deliveries. Set the delivery dates maybe 1 week apart from each other (more or less depending on the work) so that you don't have to wait a month to start receiving revenue. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, nikandco said:

milestone deliveries

This is probably the best option. I rarely get requests for a longer term service. I would offer it but only if the scope of work is clear and everything that I need is provided within an agreed period of time. it's important to manage it very well and agree on the expectations. Otherwise, it has potential to turn into a long, drawn out project that costs you more time and money than you would like. 

• Like 7