Amusing Buyer Requests

I respond to many Buyer Requests - the maximum I can respond to in any day.

I find it totally amusing that people can respond and quote when the Buyer Request  information given is minimal.  Often the price should be volumes associated but no volumes are given,

• Like 8

7 hours ago, contractchecker said:

I respond to many Buyer Requests - the maximum I can respond to in any day.

I find it totally amusing that people can respond and quote when the Buyer Request  information given is minimal.  Often the price should be volumes associated but no volumes are given,

In case if minimal details are given by buyer and you still wanna send an offer with price what you can do is to clearly mention that

"Your given information is not enough. I can guide you about quote and time once I'll have information at my end."

Some times clients are naive. They are genuine clients but they do not know the exact issue or how to present the problem. So as doers, it lies on us to communicate and grab maximum info.

• Like 9

I've wholeheartedly given up on buyer requests. I rely solely on buyers finding my gigs through search nowadays.

I only go onto the buyer request section to have a laugh these days as to the absurdity of the requests of some of these delusional buyers.

"Please send me 3 voiceover samples and a reading of the 5 minute sample text below. My script recording will be about an hour long and my budget is strictly $5. Don't send me your budget of anything higher or I will report you. Serious Sellers only please. I need this done by the end of the day."

"I would like a 70,000 word vampire-werewolf-zombie hybrid alpha omega erotic fanfic written with a budget of $50 done within a week. Please reply with the word "mustard" in your response so I know you've read the prompt and are taking things seriously."

• Like 11
  • Haha 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, izah_moh said:

Please reply with the word "mustard" in your response

Hilarious! It's so true. 

21 hours ago, tahiriqbalnajam said:

They are genuine clients but they do not know the exact issue or how to present the problem

They're genuinely entitled and unprofessional. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, izah_moh said:

Please reply with the word "mustard" in your response

Actually something I can understand. I only used Buyers Request a few times and 99% of the sellers send out copy-paste template messages that have nothing to do with your briefing. You are just flooded with spam. That's one of the ways you can actually do a quick check to see if someone sent out an unique offer based on your request. Of course I wouldn't recommend "mustard" :D. And of course this has nothing to do with their cheap behavior of wanting the world for $5. Buyers Request is nothing more than a Battle Royale Mode. Only no one wins in the end.

• Like 7

On 1/26/2022 at 3:07 AM, contractchecker said:

minimal

My  minimalist award winner of the day:

1201843143_Screenshot(681).thumb.png.1b67a883dda3e8bdac483f892f7ae3bd.png

Sure, I'm good, at anything, sign me up. That's actually better than many others, though, where you might get into big trouble, trying to find out specifics and getting the job done, or cancelling the potential order, within 24 hours.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

I gave up with buyer request the first months I have used fiverr, it is full of clowns and jesters who want 3 video editing for 5€ and are looking for a video editor with 5 years experience to align 10 clips.....
Full of delusional people asking the moon for 5€ with often, the famous: "IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE REQUIEREMENT DO NOT WASTE MY TIME".
Ok dude

Edited by psykkopatte
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Buyer request is a funny section where someone last week asked if a seller can write 500k words at 5$.

However, it doesn't mean that there aren't genuine buyers and real orders. I often get good orders from buyer request. 

I just got an order 'business agreement' draft write-up worth 100$ three days back. 

• Like 5

Interesting answers which I am generally in agreement with.

I would add that the requirement to send an example of your work in my case is ridiculous.  If I sent a sample of my work, in many cases, that tells them what to do and they do not need a gig!

There are also a lot which are people wanting to do their exams for them

And there are a lot whose suggested payment methods would be outside the TOS eg commission based

But the ones I really like are those that say  "tell me how to make money as such and such for $5".  If I knew how to make money at that, why would I tell them?  Of if I did tell them, I would charge thousands of dollars!!!

Lots of them say to PM me - when you do not have enough information to do so.

It would be a good idea if we could report them to Fiverr so the request could be deleted.  If someone has too many requests deleted, they could be banned.

• Like 5

On 1/27/2022 at 7:07 AM, izah_moh said:

Please reply with the word "mustard" in your response so I know you've read the prompt

Dang, that's funny and quite smart actually.

Maybe I'll use a similar line in my gig description since way too many people message me without reading the description.
I won't use "mustard" though (I don't like mustard...), since I'm from Japan I'd with something like "soy sauce."

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

On 1/27/2022 at 12:07 AM, izah_moh said:

"mustard"

I always find these so yucky and unprofessional. I’m not here to play find the word with you. Not to mention, this stipulation is never present if a project is interesting/worth working on. 

I’ve been dabbling in buyer requests a little bit. My favourite part about them is you can filter them by price (which doesn’t always work for me for some reason) but not by other parameters. 

So you’ll see a $300 project, look into it and it’s for 50 unique items. $4.8/per item. Days of work. Pure insanity. More expensive ones turn out to be more offensive when you take a closer look.

• Like 5