Jump to content

Getting Into Buyer Requests?


Recommended Posts

Hi, I am basically totally new to Fiverr. I made an account many years ago but it didn't go far. I never got a job here. Now I'm coming back to try again.

I'm trying to figure out how I get my first gig moving.

I don't have any "Social Media" presence outside of friends and family...

On other platforms I can directly apply to client projects, so I find success with determination there.

I just came back to Fiverr and it seems I can no longer apply to "Buyer Requests"? I remember doing that before, but now it is like a special feature?

Somewhere I read that after my first 5 star project I can have access to Buyer Requests? Is that true?

I also just found that I can pay for a premium membership to have access to Buyer Requests? Is that necessary? Will it help my success at finding work?

Summary: I have no social media weight, but I have many years of freelancing, all 5 stars on other platforms, it is my primary source of income, but how do I get my foot in the door at Fiverr?

 

 

  • Like 16
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, b_turtle said:

Thanks for the tip. And how about the Buyer Requests problem? Does a five star review ensure that I get into the Buyer Requests area? That is my primary question.

 

You have to create 7 gigs in different categories in order to see buyer requests you have to be online on certain timings.

  • Like 8
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, syedkhizarhayat said:

You have to create 7 gigs in different categories in order to see buyer requests you have to be online on certain timings.

Woah! That's a lot of gigs! I'm hoping there's an easier way.

Apparently there is a "Waiting List" to get into the Seller Plus program. https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/4404977038481-Seller-Plus---Waiting-list?segment=seller

It seems very hard to get into. So I guess I have to prove myself without the Seller Plus program before I can hope to get in.

That's like saying you have a job before we can give you a job. Very tough deal.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes!

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, syedkhizarhayat said:

You have to create 7 gigs in different categories in order to see buyer requests you have to be online on certain timings.

Unless they have changed something recently, this is blatantly wrong.  I was doing buyer requests with one or two gigs up in the beginning, not that long ago. Welcome @b_turtle  Be prepared to wade through a sea of bad advice and misinformation from people who think that posting on the forums somehow influences your gigs (it doesn't).  Hang in there for a while and you will begin to see who are the true experts (not me). 

  • Like 7
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, cs_evans said:

Unless they have changed something recently, this is blatantly wrong.  I was doing buyer requests with one or two gigs up in the beginning, not that long ago. Welcome @b_turtle  Be prepared to wade through a sea of bad advice and misinformation from people who think that posting on the forums somehow influences your gigs (it doesn't).  Hang in there for a while and you will begin to see who are the true experts (not me). 

Did you just said in the beginning? LOL

Fiverr is changed now you can't see any buyer requests with just single gig or two.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@syedkhizarh I think perhaps you were exaggerating a little, but either way I get it. I have been reading, it's not easy to get into buyer requests these days.

I'll see if I can have some existing clients get me some gigs to help boost me a bit.

Anyway. It's a tough battle to get attention. I had access to buyer requests before and I still didn't get any work after many tries. And many clients are "one-time" so you have to keep rebuilding yourself. Of all the freelance platforms I've been on, this seems like the toughest one.

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, syedkhizarhayat said:

Did you just said in the beginning? LOL

Right, in the beginning for me, when I got serious about Fiverr in Sept. 2021, i.e., not long ago.  I also checked the forums and Fiverr's documentation and don't see anything about number of gigs and being online at certain times.  If you have documentation of these requirements, please share them. 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Idea behind many gigs is to cover different categories. For example there is a sub category called others in every category so we can create 1 gig in other category to increase chances of buyer requests to appear.

 

It's not written anywhere it's a personal experience if you don't wanna give it a try so leave it.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/25/2022 at 8:41 AM, syedkhizarhayat said:

You have to create 7 gigs in different categories in order to see buyer requests you have to be online on certain timings.

Yeah...no.

Buyer requests being available is dependent on maintaining, if I recall correctly, at least a 4.5 star average profile rating. If you have no reviews whatsoever, you should still be able to view requests as long as you actually have gigs that are up and active.

Here's a tip. Don't expect much from Buyer Requests. It is a raging dumpster fire full of insultingly ridiculous offers created by penny pinching shysters or outright predatory buyers wanting to cheat and exploit desperate new sellers. Sure, the occasional gem of a request with a sane scope and sane price appear, but you have to dig through dozens/hundreds of garbage offers in an attempt to find them.

Edited by enunciator
  • Like 4
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, enunciator said:

Yeah...no.

Buyer requests being available is dependent on maintaining, if I recall correctly, at least a 4.5 star average profile rating. If you have no reviews whatsoever, you should still be able to view requests as long as you actually have gigs that are up and active.

Here's a tip. Don't expect much from Buyer Requests. It is a raging dumpster fire full of insultingly ridiculous offers created by penny pinching shysters or outright predatory buyers wanting to cheat and exploit desperate new sellers. Sure, the occasional gem of a request with a sane scope and sane price appear, but you have to dig through dozens/hundreds of garbage offers in an attempt to find them.

Right

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, enunciator said:

Yeah...no.

Buyer requests being available is dependent on maintaining, if I recall correctly, at least a 4.5 star average profile rating. If you have no reviews whatsoever, you should still be able to view requests as long as you actually have gigs that are up and active.

Here's a tip. Don't expect much from Buyer Requests. It is a raging dumpster fire full of insultingly ridiculous offers created by penny pinching shysters or outright predatory buyers wanting to cheat and exploit desperate new sellers. Sure, the occasional gem of a  request with a sane scope and sane price appear, but you have to dig through dozens/hundreds of garbage offers in an attempt to find them.

Thanks @enunciator This is probably what I needed to hear. And it lines up with my previous experience with Buy Requests (years ago). Which is kinda why I stopped using fiverr.

Now I'm wondering what is the point of fiverr? If you have to go find your own clients anyway, why not skip fiverr and just get paid via PayPal or bank transfer? Save yourself the fiverr fees and hassle. If fiverr doesn't help connect you with clients, then what does it do?

Is there some long-term goal here? If your gig gets big will customers start to roll in without effort?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, b_turtle said:

Now I'm wondering what is the point of fiverr? If you have to go find your own clients anyway, why not skip fiverr and just get paid via PayPal or bank transfer?

Fiverr IS primarily about buyers coming to sellers, not sellers hunting/auditioning for prospective buyers. The problem is, starting off on Fiverr is absolutely the most difficult period of time and trying to generate any buyer interest from the sea of other sellers is a tall task, especially when being compared to experienced/established sellers with a track record of happy customers on the site. That is why so many new/desperate sellers see Buyer Requests as their one lifeline in trying to jumpstart their profiles. The unfortunate thing is, BR is very often a terrible place for both sellers AND buyers...

22 minutes ago, b_turtle said:

Is there some long-term goal here? If your gig gets big will customers start to roll in without effort?

Pretty much. Receiving orders from around the world passively without hunting down/messaging/auditioning/etc. But this isn't easy nor is it reliable or guaranteed. One should create as strong and attractive a profile and gigs that they can and thoughtfully plan out what categories and niches to target in order to have a fighting shot.

i came into Fiverr expecting nothing but have come away so far doing okay. Many new sellers seem to expect that their arrival will make a huge splash and that a floodgate of orders will suddenly open up and deluge them with business. There are successful sellers who have shot to the top with incredible speed, but for the majority of successful sellers, it is a grind that requires planning, knowledge, and persistence.

Edited by enunciator
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...