Jump to content

Gig portfolio images. Unacceptable!


perazajl

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

let me take a few minutes to tell you about my frustration with portfolio images on Gigs. I really don't know where to start, but I'll try my best.

I can see tier 1, 2 and top rater sellers with pretty lousy work samples, plus Fiverr doesn't allow me to medicate this without buyer consent, recently I complete an order and prepare a specific image for portfolio, how much do I get my review I can see that the buyer inadvertently changed the image and inserted another image that was not the right one. I had to contact the seller to get approval to remove the image from my gig. After all this the Fiverr team was able to help me and solve it.

Here are a few reflections:

1) Fiverr must allow us to have control of the portfolio images of our Gig.

2) Fiverr must set an appropriate size or resolution so that the image is not affected, with the latest update portfolio images are modified to adapt to different screen resolutions, Windows, mobile and Mac. When the resolution is modified, our work is affected, pixelated and unclear images.

3) When we review the policies, conditions and image suggestions for gigs or portfolios, Fiverr makes very good recommendations. But I wonder, what is the use of meeting all these requirements if the original aspect of the image is not respected? There is so much compression that Fiverr does to reduce the weight of the image that everything is affected.

4) To the Fiverr team, please improve this aspect, the quality of the image is essential to sell and offer the best service. I can understand that it's not cheap to store so many images in the cloud, but I think they can do a better job. This will help us to be better.

5) Finally, to my sales colleagues, take into account submitting a good portfolio image, if the image is not good and does not represent you, please do not make it public.

Best regards,
Perazajl

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, perazajl said:

Here are a few reflections:

1) Fiverr must allow us to have control of the portfolio images of our Gig.

2) Fiverr must set an appropriate size or resolution so that the image is not affected, with the latest update portfolio images are modified to adapt to different screen resolutions, Windows, mobile and Mac. When the resolution is modified, our work is affected, pixelated and unclear images.

3) When we review the policies, conditions and image suggestions for gigs or portfolios, Fiverr makes very good recommendations. But I wonder, what is the use of meeting all these requirements if the original aspect of the image is not respected? There is so much compression that Fiverr does to reduce the weight of the image that everything is affected.

4) To the Fiverr team, please improve this aspect, the quality of the image is essential to sell and offer the best service. I can understand that it's not cheap to store so many images in the cloud, but I think they can do a better job. This will help us to be better.

5) Finally, to my sales colleagues, take into account submitting a good portfolio image, if the image is not good and does not represent you, please do not make it public.

All points are pretty good take but I don't know whether they will take action or not. Fiverr is always buyers side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, perazajl said:

Fiverr doesn't allow me to medicate this without buyer consent

Um.... medicate? Are you sure that's the right word for your sentence?

11 hours ago, perazajl said:

I get my review I can see that the buyer inadvertently changed the image and inserted another image that was not the right one. I had to contact the seller to get approval to remove the image from my gig. After all this the Fiverr team was able to help me and solve it.

The buyer gets to decide if your work appears in their gallery. That's how thing work on Fiverr, and that's why "the Fiverr team" couldn't resolve your concerns the way you wanted them to be resolved. In the future, you can make sure what you deliver would look good in your gallery -- if the buyer allows it to be shown there, or, you can turn off the ability for buyers let your deliveries appear in your gallery, and post your own examples in your three gig gallery image slots instead.

11 hours ago, perazajl said:

Fiverr must allow us to have control of the portfolio images of our Gig.

I disagree. The buyer owns everything you deliver, so they should get a say in what, if anything, can be shown of their deliveries, in your gig gallery.

11 hours ago, perazajl said:

Fiverr must set an appropriate size or resolution so that the image is not affected, with the latest update portfolio images are modified to adapt to different screen resolutions, Windows, mobile and Mac. When the resolution is modified, our work is affected, pixelated and unclear images.

Just deliver your work in dimensions that fit the gig gallery dimensions. Problem solved. Or, again, don't allow the option for the buyer to permit the image in your gig gallery. You already have most of the control over the images in your gallery. Don't blame the buyer for options you give them to choose from.

11 hours ago, perazajl said:

the quality of the image is essential to sell and offer the best service.

Again, YOU can largely resolve much of this by delivering better quality/sized images.

11 hours ago, perazajl said:

Finally, to my sales colleagues, take into account submitting a good portfolio image, if the image is not good and does not represent you, please do not make it public.

Exactly as I advised. Which makes me wonder why you posted the other points above this quote, if this quote offers the resolution to your concerns. 😐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, jonbaas said:

Um.... medicate? Are you sure that's the right word for your sentence?

The buyer gets to decide if your work appears in their gallery. That's how thing work on Fiverr, and that's why "the Fiverr team" couldn't resolve your concerns the way you wanted them to be resolved. In the future, you can make sure what you deliver would look good in your gallery -- if the buyer allows it to be shown there, or, you can turn off the ability for buyers let your deliveries appear in your gallery, and post your own examples in your three gig gallery image slots instead.

I disagree. The buyer owns everything you deliver, so they should get a say in what, if anything, can be shown of their deliveries, in your gig gallery.

Just deliver your work in dimensions that fit the gig gallery dimensions. Problem solved. Or, again, don't allow the option for the buyer to permit the image in your gig gallery. You already have most of the control over the images in your gallery. Don't blame the buyer for options you give them to choose from.

Again, YOU can largely resolve much of this by delivering better quality/sized images.

Exactly as I advised. Which makes me wonder why you posted the other points above this quote, if this quote offers the resolution to your concerns. 😐

1) Indeed, it is not medicating, it is Modify. Thank you very much for your correction and understanding.

2) I know that the buyer decides whether the image appears in my gallery. But if I attach and prepare an image with a specific size and settings, this must be respected. The client should not change this image, I am the editor and I know what is the best image to represent your work.

3) Obviously the buyer owns what I deliver, but as sellers we must also have the option if we want that work to be shown in our Gig. For example, if I edit 5 images and the images are terrible and I don't want to show them in my portfolio, I have to compress the images in a zip or share a link to hide the work, when the buyer is new, sometimes they download the order and they forget to complete the order, on other occasions when they download the images without watermark, they can cancel the order for any reason.

4) There is no specific resolution to maintain the quality of an image. It is not simple, the problem is not solved. Take some time and review the portfolio images of any seller. The resolution that the Fiverr algorithm establishes are not good, it distorts the images. And I remind you that it is what we sell, it should look perfect on any device.

5) I believe that I have the freedom and conviction to express my opinion and raise any concerns in order to improve the experience as a seller and as a buyer. If you don't get this, it's because you really don't get the point. 😑

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, perazajl said:

2) I know that the buyer decides whether the image appears in my gallery. But if I attach and prepare an image with a specific size and settings, this must be respected. The client should not change this image, I am the editor and I know what is the best image to represent your work.

I've never, ever heard of a buyer being able to change what image shows up for the portfolio. Has anyone else? Without fail every single time the image will show up as the one I chose. On the very few times when I don't want my work to show up (to respect the customers privacy, for instance, or because the work is different from what I usually do and don't want my portfolio to be skewed) I have delivered a cute "Thank you" image or a blank white image and set those as the portfolio image. I have never once had the customer change the image. Unless I am really mistaken, it sounds like you just forgot to set the correct image when you delivered. Would love to hear if anyone else has had this experiencce.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, perazajl said:

The client should not change this image, I am the editor and I know what is the best image to represent your work.

And the buyer knows whether they want what you deliver to be shown, publicly -- in your gallery -- for others to see. 

5 hours ago, perazajl said:

Take some time and review the portfolio images of any seller. The resolution that the Fiverr algorithm establishes are not good, it distorts the images. And I remind you that it is what we sell, it should look perfect on any device.

What is shown in your gig gallery, is a SAMPLE of your work, not a museum quality exhibit. If the SAMPLE interests a prospective buyer, they can contact you for more details, and other quality work samples, if you choose to share them.

5 hours ago, perazajl said:

I believe that I have the freedom and conviction to express my opinion and raise any concerns in order to improve the experience as a seller and as a buyer.

I never said you didn't. I merely pointed out that you expressed your concerns on this matter, and then provided your own answer to those concerns (which matched my advice), by stating: "take into account submitting a good portfolio image, if the image is not good and does not represent you, please do not make it public." Submit deliveries that you would be okay with being permitted in your gig gallery. Problem solved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, rachelbostwick said:

I've never, ever heard of a buyer being able to change what image shows up for the portfolio. Has anyone else? Without fail every single time the image will show up as the one I chose. On the very few times when I don't want my work to show up (to respect the customers privacy, for instance, or because the work is different from what I usually do and don't want my portfolio to be skewed) I have delivered a cute "Thank you" image or a blank white image and set those as the portfolio image. I have never once had the customer change the image. Unless I am really mistaken, it sounds like you just forgot to set the correct image when you delivered. Would love to hear if anyone else has had this experiencce.

Hello, If it has happened to me twice, maybe the image has not been uploaded correctly and Fiverr takes the next one and shows that one. I have implemented these solutions that you mention, I agree with you, but it would not hurt if sellers had a little more control of what is shown in our Gig without having to do these things. Also the quality of the images needs to improve, Fiverr should keep the resolution and quality of the images, If I upload an image for the gallery of 1 MB Fiverr compresses it to 100 kb and this greatly affects the quality of the image that we want to show.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 2:46 AM, jonbaas said:

And the buyer knows whether they want what you deliver to be shown, publicly -- in your gallery -- for others to see. 

What is shown in your gig gallery, is a SAMPLE of your work, not a museum quality exhibit. If the SAMPLE interests a prospective buyer, they can contact you for more details, and other quality work samples, if you choose to share them.

I never said you didn't. I merely pointed out that you expressed your concerns on this matter, and then provided your own answer to those concerns (which matched my advice), by stating: "take into account submitting a good portfolio image, if the image is not good and does not represent you, please do not make it public." Submit deliveries that you would be okay with being permitted in your gig gallery. Problem solved.

But... I had the same problem, I did prepare a proper image and when I'm going to check my gallery I see it shows any of the logo I deliver, now it's a huge mess my gallery and it's a real shame due it shows mostly, pngs with no background, potential buyers can't see anything and makes me feel that my work is a mess, when it's not. Imagine what buyers must feel. 

Please @fiverr solve that... Fast, because for our work you took us commitions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...