Idea: A thread documenting my gig’s journey

frank_d

Thank you to everyone commenting on my post.

If you create a new gig using this guide or decide to edit your existing gigs, feel free to comment with your results and experience.

I am considering creating a new post where I journal how my latest gig is going and what edits/adjustments I make along the way.

Just looking at my expensive Pro gigs and seeing a number of reviews on them, only tells one side of the story.

It makes things look easy or you may even distance yourselves from my experience, because of the Pro badge.

What I want to do is let you see how much trial and error happens in the background and what my thought process is when I initially create the gig, until the moment I get that first sale in.

It is a journey and maybe you’d be interested in peeking behind the curtain?

If so I can write a quick post that will be updated daily, complete with analytics screenshots, summaries of edits and even details of discussions with Fiverr contacts!

Or, alternatively I can create a short daily video and post it on YT. (Probably a couple of minutes long)

Let me know what you think!

18 hours ago, frank_d said:

Hey, Frank. I did what you recommended and raised my prices and changed my description.

At first, my Clicks and Impressions dropped drastically. Then I got an order which surprised me because I was worried if maybe I went too high. The buyer had no issues with my price and even tipped generously.

I am noticing that quite a few people contact me and show interest then leave me hanging. I'm not one to kiss **s or beg for business, so if the buyer finds someone else, I'm okay with it.

However, I'm curious to know your approach for keeping a potential buyer engaged long enough to place an order, without seeming desperate or unbothered. 

Oh, and I would prefer a post as opposed to a video...

3 hours ago, words_to_wow said:

I am noticing that quite a few people contact me and show interest then leave me hanging.

Hi there @words_to_wow

I an glad you took my advice and that your price change seems to be working.

There are many potential reasons why people “express interest” and then ghost you. It happens a lot with buyers who are not qualified leads but are just shopping around.

So one reason could be that they are messaging you but they are not 100% certain they want to work with you.

Those types of buyers you could potentially nudge a bit closer to purchase and there is 0 ass kissing involved. 🙂

On the other hand there will always be tire-kickers and question-havers. They usually have 3-8 other sellers on the same spiel, talking about their project. They usually pick the seller who quotes them less or who promises them the most.

It takes some practice to distinguish between the two groups and there are some simple sentences you can use to help surface the true nature of the conversation and what their intentions are.

I can write a post with some useful prompts if that helps!

7 hours ago, frank_d said:

I can write a post with some useful prompts if that helps!

Yes, that would be awesome.

I had a guy message me for a day, asking my opinion about names he came up with. Finally, I told him that my time is valuable, and he's practically getting free advice. I asked him if he was ready to place an order. He said he was. After another day, he told me to send my offer. But he kept asking more questions which is fine, but they were still based on my professional "opinion." I ended up withdrawing the offer and blocking him. Now, I noticed that he did a BR, so hopefully he finds someone.

So, if you could include buyers like that in the prompt, that would be good. And thank you again for your time and help!

On 1/23/2022 at 10:11 AM, frank_d said:

It is a journey and maybe you’d be interested in peeking behind the curtain?

I think it could help a lot.

On 1/23/2022 at 10:11 AM, frank_d said:

What I want to do is let you see how much trial and error happens in the background and what my thought process is when I initially create the gig, until the moment I get that first sale in.

For me personally, I would be more interested in your routine, habits and thought process overall. It's easier to achieve a certain level than to sustain it, and I would be more than happy to listen and understand what it takes to operate efficiently on the platform. I've been on the platform for almost a year now and I'm slowly moving towards offering more difficult/expensive services which will also demand a lot more responsibility so I would be interested to learn more about this environment.

Archived