Know your worth - Please stop doing 2-3 days of work in lowest price.

toorzan

So, today I got the below message from a buyer. He is expecting me to format a book of 350-400 pages book in 45 USD. 

This is just an exploitative message, definitely trying to take advantage of new sellers on the platform. Buyer mentioned that most offers I am getting is $45 per book which means many seller already gave him a quote. I know that new sellers want to get orders just because to gain some good reviews, but I think this isn't fair with experienced sellers.

Shouldn't new sellers stop doing 2-3 days of work in lowest price? I just want to encourage new sellers to stop accepting such offers and know your worth. 
What is your views on this? Let me know in the comment/replies.

image.png.c1c023575fdf8df3023468ce3b346683.png

• toorzan changed the title to Know your worth - Please stop doing 2-3 days of work in lowest price.
13 hours ago, urdeke said:

Shouldn't you stop worrying about other people's business and focus on your own?

I get your point but if someone lowball me I just pass on the project. If someone else want to take it it's their prerogative. It's a free(~ish) market

Maybe, maybe not.  I think a pretty decent case can be made for trying to raise the bar for everyone.  This business of trash transactions, i.e., predatory buyers and desperate sellers, sets unrealistic expectations and really doesn't shine a good light on the platform reputation. 

18 hours ago, toorzan said:

So, today I got the below message from a buyer. He is expecting me to format a book of 350-400 pages book in 45 USD. 

This is just an exploitative message, definitely trying to take advantage of new sellers on the platform. Buyer mentioned that most offers I am getting is $45 per book which means many seller already gave him a quote. I know that new sellers want to get orders just because to gain some good reviews, but I think this isn't fair with experienced sellers.

Shouldn't new sellers stop doing 2-3 days of work in lowest price? I just want to encourage new sellers to stop accepting such offers and know your worth. 
What is your views on this? Let me know in the comment/replies.

image.png.c1c023575fdf8df3023468ce3b346683.png

New sellers are trying to get reviews, and the one way they can distinguish themselves from the competition is with lower prices. 

How long does it take to format a 400 page book?  What should they be charging? 

Fiverr gives us the freedom to do and charge what we want.

I don't want to charge $100 and get one order a month, if I'm really lucky.
I want to charge $20 and make $400 a month. 

I like getting a great mix of clients, from rich people to students on a budget.

If I was retired and was doing Fiverr for fun, I might charge $5. 

So you see? There's no right answer when it comes to pricing, it's really about individual needs and goals. 

I am a fairly new seller however I recently rejected a offer, I am offering social media posts services at nearly $10/post but one client came to me and gave me the classic "I'll give you lots of work" but wanted me to do posts at $1-$2/post. I mean the reason they have the audacity to ask such low prices are because there is always someone who is ready to do it for those prices.

On 1/22/2022 at 10:51 AM, toorzan said:

Definitely, you will have a lot of work. it will not a big deal if you pass a project to someone else. 😅

Many top rated sellers have less work than me or other level 2 sellers have. Granted, they have higher prices. But being a TRS doesn't guarantee you any work. I also see many PRO sellers that have under 10 sales...

I’m a TRS but I’ve started as a new seller offering $5 gigs. The way I made it work was ensuring that every project would take me 15 minutes to complete. 

If someone is willing to spend days and days on a $45 project, I’m sorry, but freelancing is not for them. They have no respect for themselves, their time, their resources. There is no professional growth without that. 

As for the “buyer” who has posted a request like this, he should be ashamed of himself for taking advantage of people. He won’t be because he most likely will have dozens of those falling over themselves willing to work with him. He'll cancel the order and get both the work and the refund due to the "poor quality" or poor quality, mark my words.

Archived