A "grimacing" post reaction emoji please...

enunciator

We are currently limited to six post reaction emojis (far too few IMO) and CONSTANTLY find myself grimacing at the flawed or flat out harmful advice posted ad nauseum on the forum.

I think it would at least give a quick visual indicator of how many forum users do not agree with what a posts states and all but the "confused" and "sad" emoji are positive reactions but are not exactly befitting of the role.

I know this will go nowhere, but just wanted to make the suggestion public...

😬

Edited by enunciator
  • Like 28
  • Up 18

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since we have two trophy icons already (Thanks and Congratulations), maybe make a third for 'You're Welcome'

(Though, that might get confusing with the greetings 'Welcome' should that be implemented.)

So:

👋 - Greetings
🤔- something to think about (or) consideration (or) Hmmm...
🍕 - (I don't remember why, just that someone else here on the forums said they wanted to be able to react with 'pizza'.)

• Like 18

• 8 months later...

I've noticed that, in the user introductions category, whenever a new user post something like -'I'm new on Fiverr/Fiverr Forum' ; 

The most common reply is - Welcome to the forum or Welcome to Fiverr.

Can we get a reaction for this, to say welcome or hello to the new user? (for example, like a waving hand 👋🏻 )

So, if a person doesn't have anything additional to say to the new user, he/she can just react on the post instead of adding a reply?

What do you all think?

• Like 11
  • Up 3

Just now, vickieito said:

I'd also like to add a "shocked face" emoji because that is my reaction to many of the posts on the forum.

Well, I think, It can be useful! Plus this emoji 🙅🏻‍♀️, for all those 24/7 stay online advices? I think others would also have some cool suggestions for the reactions. Waiting for what all others have to say on this 🙂

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, cartoon_avatar said:

So, if a person doesn't have anything additional to say to the new user, he/she can just react on the post instead of adding a reply?

What do you all think?

From around 7 years of Fiverr forum experience, I think that most persons who don't have anything additional to say, will still add a reply. That someone doesn't have anything to say, typically doesn't mean that they won't say anything, not just on the FF 😉

But a few more, including the shocked face, would come in handy, there are lots of us who asked only semi-jokingly for other reaction emoji in the one or other topic... also, it's 6 already, so, since we're over the magic number 5 anyway, a few more wouldn't hurt, and usually, people will tend to towards the same one(s), so, even if it were 9 instead of 6, it might still not be too crowded in the phone app view (although the current number of 6 may have been found the max for that reason...).

Edited by miiila
  • Like 8
  • Up 3

57 minutes ago, cartoon_avatar said:

The same way they're supposed to use the "thanks" emoji instead of replying with "thank you", but they reply with "thank you" anyway?

• Like 7
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

On 11/8/2022 at 2:39 PM, miiila said:

From around 7 years of Fiverr forum experience, I think that most persons who don't have anything additional to say, will still add a reply.

On 11/8/2022 at 2:58 PM, catwriter said:

The same way they're supposed to use the "thanks" emoji instead of replying with "thank you", but they reply with "thank you" anyway?

I agree with you on this! (looking at the threads getting bombarded with congrats and thanks messages). But, at least people who don't want to spam can use the reactions (like we are using for thanks and congrats)  

A way to get rid of these spam messages can be this:-

Automatically locking the threads like 'I got a new order', 'I completed X orders' for further replies. In this way, the only option anyone would have is to add a reaction. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, cartoon_avatar said:

Automatically locking the threads like 'I got a new order', 'I completed X orders' for further replies.

While I like the idea, I'm not sure we have enough mods for that...nor am I sure that it wouldn't bring us a bunch of "Why was my topic locked, whyyy?" threads.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

On 11/9/2022 at 10:40 AM, imagination7413 said:

Not sure if that can be done (code wise). Invision (the platform) doesn't seem to have that option. I haven't read all the pages, though, so it might be under a different section. 

Oh I see! In case you find anything related in their documentation, can we do something about that then? I mean, do you have the access to these settings as a moderator? Or can you share the suggestion to the admin as a moderator? 

• Like 7

• 5 months later...

Just curious, I think a downvote button in the Fiverr Forum will really help to determine if a response is good or not. The most downvoted comments should be less visible. There are many people spreading misinformation on here and I think it will be very helpful if there was another emoji for the downvote. 

• Like 7

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...