Looking back at 2021 - Your top V&A projects 

video_at_fvrr

Hi everyone, it’s Jacky from Fiverr Video & Animation again.

While 2022 is already strong on its course I am sure you worked on many amazing projects in 2021 to add to your portfolio.

Let us see the project and stories you’re were most proud of in 2021 in this thread! Show off your work and let’s celebrate this crew's achievements!

Looking forward to see your awesome works and stories!

Hey @video_at_fvrr!

My 2021 was not as strong as I would have liked in terms of creativity, but if I could pick two highlights, they would be:

a) My reel for 3D animation. I loved working on these projects and cutting a reel to that particular soundtrack was super-fun:

B) I had a blast working with Microsoft on this explainer video for Azure, because the initial brief was filled with notes about how this is simply a walkthrough video and that it’s OK for it to be “boring” but I took a different approach and tried my best to make it as visually appealing and interesting as possible:

Those were definitely the two coolest projects I worked on last year.

Thanks for setting up this thread, @video_at_fvrr! This should be a fun one! Can't wait to see all the work and stories!

These are amazing, @frank_d! And you made that first one anything but boring! Congrats on working with Microsoft! I was able to do a couple of spokesperson videos with them this year. They were great to work with!

__

So, I won’t say that this is necessarily my most amazing work of 2021, or my coolest client, but it is a pretty good story. Sit tight, because there are twists, turns, and a happy ending.

This was a Fiverr’s Choice order, so I was obviously stoked. So stoked, that in my eagerness to move quickly on filming morning,  I spilled boiling hot tea on my lower arm (second degree burn 😭). It was too raw and painful for makeup or sleeves or bandages, and I am too US East Coast bred to be late for anything, so I had to pull camera a bit tighter and strategically present the video. I'm a really animated presenter, so toning that down was my biggest challenge. If you watch the first few seconds, you’ll notice only one of my arms is moving 😅.

I'm still shocked I produced something. Client was super pleased with the delivery and gave me a great review, so alls well that ends well. Its a video I won’t forget for a long time though since I was virtually in tears about 5 mins before filming it. Its funny the things that go on behind the scenes of production sometimes that no one ever knows about.

Wow so great to see @frank_d! It's amazing to see our talent working for world leaders such as Microsoft and I think your new domain in 3D is cooming great. Love the style and the colorful, fun setting!

I am curious, in terms of creativity what do you feel was missing for you last year?

On 1/20/2022 at 4:10 PM, frank_d said:

Hey @video_at_fvrr!

My 2021 was not as strong as I would have liked in terms of creativity, but if I could pick two highlights, they would be:

a) My reel for 3D animation. I loved working on these projects and cutting a reel to that particular soundtrack was super-fun:

B) I had a blast working with Microsoft on this explainer video for Azure, because the initial brief was filled with notes about how this is simply a walkthrough video and that it’s OK for it to be “boring” but I took a different approach and tried my best to make it as visually appealing and interesting as possible:

Those were definitely the two coolest projects I worked on last year.

@Nikandco What a memorable story and dedication!  Glad to see and hear you are doing fine now and definitely can't tell about your injury in the video!

Do you feel there was any outstanding trends for you in the past year? 

On 1/20/2022 at 10:25 PM, nikandco said:

Thanks for setting up this thread, @video_at_fvrr! This should be a fun one! Can't wait to see all the work and stories!

These are amazing, @frank_d! And you made that first one anything but boring! Congrats on working with Microsoft! I was able to do a couple of spokesperson videos with them this year. They were great to work with!

__

So, I won’t say that this is necessarily my most amazing work of 2021, or my coolest client, but it is a pretty good story. Sit tight, because there are twists, turns, and a happy ending.

This was a Fiverr’s Choice order, so I was obviously stoked. So stoked, that in my eagerness to move quickly on filming morning,  I spilled boiling hot tea on my lower arm (second degree burn 😭). It was too raw and painful for makeup or sleeves or bandages, and I am too US East Coast bred to be late for anything, so I had to pull camera a bit tighter and strategically present the video. I'm a really animated presenter, so toning that down was my biggest challenge. If you watch the first few seconds, you’ll notice only one of my arms is moving 😅.

I'm still shocked I produced something. Client was super pleased with the delivery and gave me a great review, so alls well that ends well. Its a video I won’t forget for a long time though since I was virtually in tears about 5 mins before filming it. Its funny the things that go on behind the scenes of production sometimes that no one ever knows about.

1 hour ago, video_at_fvrr said:

am curious, in terms of creativity what do you feel was missing for you last year?

Thank you for your kind words @video_at_fvrr!

To be honest I don’t think my projects felt lacking in terms of visual creativity.

As the years pass I prefer projects where I am also contributing on the business side of things. My bread and butter is when a client comes with a business objective and we need to dig deep and discover the actual problem and how I can help them solve it using animation.

So yeah, in 2022 I’d like to get more projects like that!

2 hours ago, video_at_fvrr said:

Do you feel there was any outstanding trends for you in the past year? 

Thanks so much! @video_at_fvrr 😊 

Hmm…good question! Now that I think about it, I have noticed a BIG uptick in clients looking for a spokesperson/presenter for e-courses. I did more e-learning projects in 2021 than I have in all the other years of my Fiverr career combined. My first bulk video project of 2022 is an e-learning course, so I see this trend sticking around for a while.

There’s also been a lot more demand for interactive spokesperson videos (graphics, animations, animated text, etc) which has been a nice little nudge for me to expand my knowledge base and skill set.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived