seniority or professionalism.

az_design1

Hello everyone, I wonder which one is more important seniority or professionalism, I am a logo designer, and I know the difference between a good logo and a bad one, there are many designer on Fiverr almost 200 k gigs , when you check the first page, you see some sellers who have more than 100 orders in queue with a fairly high price and when you check their logos, you feed it is designed by a child or someone with less than 6 month experience, on the other hand I see some sellers which are far better but with less price and fewer orders in queue , is seniority way more important than being professional?

I find it hard to believe that any one person is managing 100 orders at a time. But anyway. Talent and professionalism are both important. If you're an arse to work with, you'll have problems getting return clients, but you'll also have problems getting return clients if you're selling expensive junk. If you're skilled AND professional you can't go wrong. That's Fiverr, though. Anyone who has watched a 10 minute Youtube tutorial on graphic design can come along and claim to be a professional graphic designer. 

I've listened to gigs from people claiming to be professional voice over artists, yet their audio sounds like it's been recorded on a smart phone in a church while sat on a washing machine and they get orders. What ya gonna do? 

On 1/19/2022 at 11:02 AM, az_design1 said:

Hello everyone, I wonder which one is more important seniority or professionalism, I am a logo designer, and I know the difference between a good logo and a bad one, there are many designer on Fiverr almost 200 k gigs , when you check the first page, you see some sellers who have more than 100 orders in queue with a fairly high price and when you check their logos, you feed it is designed by a child or someone with less than 6 month experience, on the other hand I see some sellers which are far better but with less price and fewer orders in queue , is seniority way more important than being professional?

More important is professionalism because it will take you to a better level at some point.

Archived