senior or professional .

az_design1

Question

Hello everyone, I wonder which one is more important, seniority or professionalism? I am a logo designer, and I know the difference between a good logo and a bad one, there are many designer on Fiverr almost 200 k , when you check the first page, you see some sellers who have more than 100 orders in queue with a fairly high price and when you check their logos, you feed it is designed by a child or someone with less than 6 month experience, on the other hand I see some sellers which are far better but both of their  price and orders in queue is less and fewer, is seniority way more important than being professional?

9 answers to this question

I think, with the No of reviews and seniority, buyers trust their service.

In other hand, they won't get further orders if their service is too bad.

As well as, if the buyer is satisfied with the logo they provide, they are successful with the service they provide.

By the way, I'm not specialized in that category. 😁

8 hours ago, az_design1 said:

I wonder which one is more important, seniority or professionalism?

You're asking the wrong question. You should be asking yourself, "how can I convince my target customers to hire me, and not hire one of my many competitors?" If you have no connections to your target customers, you're not going to gain any orders. Stop looking at surface trivialities, and start digging into the business of being a sucessful freelancer. 

I am a logo designer, and I know the difference between a good logo and a bad one, there are many designer on Fiverr almost 200 k , when you check the first page, you see some sellers who have more than 100 orders in queue with a fairly high price and when you check their logos, you feed it is designed by a child or someone with less than 6 month experience

Do not judge, lest YOU be judged. Don't judge others according to your standards. You wrote, in your seller profile: "I'm an expert logo designer with a unique style". Okay.... but what if those people whose logos you are calling childish and inexperienced, actually consider their work to be THEIR style? You are not the arbiter of good logos. Everyone has a different style. In fact, it would be just as rude if I, someone who has likely far more design experience than you, chose to degrade your logos as childish and inferior. I won't do that, but you get my point.

Don't judge others by your standards, lest you be judged by the standards of others. 

I see some sellers which are far better but both of their  price and orders in queue is less and fewer

Fiverr is a free-market catalogue of freelance services. Capitalism allows competition. Sellers can charge whatever they feel their work is worth, whether that be $5, or $500. What place is it of yours to criticize the market choices of your competition? Be professional, and work to develop seniority over your competition. 

On 1/20/2022 at 4:34 AM, jonbaas said:

You're asking the wrong question. You should be asking yourself, "how can I convince my target customers to hire me, and not hire one of my many competitors?" If you have no connections to your target customers, you're not going to gain any orders. Stop looking at surface trivialities, and start digging into the business of being a sucessful freelancer. 

Do not judge, lest YOU be judged. Don't judge others according to your standards. You wrote, in your seller profile: "I'm an expert logo designer with a unique style". Okay.... but what if those people whose logos you are calling childish and inexperienced, actually consider their work to be THEIR style? You are not the arbiter of good logos. Everyone has a different style. In fact, it would be just as rude if I, someone who has likely far more design experience than you, chose to degrade your logos as childish and inferior. I won't do that, but you get my point.

Don't judge others by your standards, lest you be judged by the standards of others. 

Fiverr is a free-market catalogue of freelance services. Capitalism allows competition. Sellers can charge whatever they feel their work is worth, whether that be $5, or $500. What place is it of yours to criticize the market choices of your competition? Be professional, and work to develop seniority over your competition. 

Let me put it this way, several days ago someone, booked me for a logo, after I designed the logo he was really happy, but he told me that he paid someone 70 $ and he was not satisfied with the logo, I asked him to show me the log, and the logo just dumb, and he had hundreds of orders in queue, I check his other logos as well, and guess what, all childish logos, I really wish to advise buyer not to judge a designer based on their seniority, besides how the hell could someone give you a good logo when they design a hundred logos within a day, LOL.

On 1/19/2022 at 8:51 PM, devinda_mahasen said:

I think, with the No of reviews and seniority, buyers trust their service.

In other hand, they won't get further orders if their service is too bad.

As well as, if the buyer is satisfied with the logo they provide, they are successful with the service they provide.

By the way, I'm not specialized in that category. 😁

Agreed.

On 1/20/2022 at 2:41 AM, mariashtelle1 said:

What matters his your target audience. There is market for both “bad” and “good” logos. Sometimes it baffles me what logos clients are ready choose and show me as an examples of what they want but it’s their choice as a client which style to go for. 

agreed, but I feel like it is way more important how to represent your offer to the clients rather than the offer itself.

18 hours ago, az_design1 said:

Let me put it this way, several days ago someone, booked me for a logo, after I designed the logo he was really happy, but he told me that he paid someone 70 $ and he was not satisfied with the logo, I asked him to show me the log, and the logo just dumb, and he had hundreds of orders in queue, I check his other logos as well, and guess what, all childish logos

Like I said, don't judge the work of others, based upon your own metrics. Other sellers have other talent levels, and that's perfectly ok.

I really wish to advise buyer not to judge a designer based on their seniority

And yet, that is usually a strong factor in why buyers hire certain sellers. And that's perfectly ok too.

how the hell could someone give you a good logo when they design a hundred logos within a day, LOL

Maybe that seller has a great deal of time to work and can, thus, do more work than other sellers in a day. Besides, how do YOU know that those sellers design "hundreds of logo within a day". Have you asked them? Do you have personal insight into their behind-the-scenes business model?

It is unwise to make assumptions, and then try to pass those assumptions off as fact. 

15 hours ago, jonbaas said:

Like I said, don't judge the work of others, based upon your own metrics. Other sellers have other talent levels, and that's perfectly ok.

And yet, that is usually a strong factor in why buyers hire certain sellers. And that's perfectly ok too.

Maybe that seller has a great deal of time to work and can, thus, do more work than other sellers in a day. Besides, how do YOU know that those sellers design "hundreds of logo within a day". Have you asked them? Do you have personal insight into their behind-the-scenes business model?

It is unwise to make assumptions, and then try to pass those assumptions off as fact. 

Hi Jonbaas, l think you don't get my point, let's stop quoting each other, many thanks for the time, yet my question is not answered, have a nice day.

It’s not a question and seniority or professionalism. 
it’s a question of why the client chose other seller in the first place if he could see absolutely the same examples of his work as the ones that you saw on his gig. 

If the client wouldn’t have liked his examples he wouldn’t have order from that seller and if he didn’t like his portfolio and still ordered because of the reviews then it’s solely on your client for making a bad choice 🤷‍♀️

Archived