Which performs better Pro seller or Top Rated Seller

jorismulkens

Which performs better Pro seller or Top Rated Seller  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which performs better Pro Seller or Top Rated Seller?

• Pro Seller
    • Top Rated Seller

Question

9 answers to this question

38 minutes ago, jorismulkens said:

Hi,

Which performs better Pro seller or Top Rated Seller, I am curious. 
And which is easier to become. 

You have to apply to become a Pro.

You are nominated by staff to a TRS.

I hope they have very stringent requirements and make it hard for both. If not, then why bother? Buyers are willing to pay higher price on the contingent that these sellers were highly vetted.

3 hours ago, jorismulkens said:

And which is easier to become. 

Probably TRS because there seems to be a lot more TRS than Pro sellers.

eg. in logo design there are about 738 TRS gigs but less than 2 pages (probably less than 96) Pro logo design gigs. So there's probably more than 7.7x as many TRS as there are Pro sellers (though it's probably different in other subcategories and it may be that an average Pro seller has a different avg number of active gigs in a subcategory than an avg TRS).

Though TRS has been a level for longer than the Pro Seller option has existed (Pro only started in 2017).

3 hours ago, gina_riley2 said:

You have to apply to become a Pro.

You are nominated by staff to a TRS.

I hope they have very stringent requirements and make it hard for both. If not, then why bother? Buyers are willing to pay higher price on the contingent that these sellers were highly vetted.

Pro sellers have to go through an extremely thorough vetting process.

Even existing Pro sellers like myself -been a Pro seller since day 1- have to fill out forms and go through interviews and quality control when posting new gigs or attempting to join new verticals.

Again: define “better”.

Pro gigs offer leverage to up your pricing but at the same time there are less people willing to buy them.

Regular gigs, are just that. Regular gigs.

There are no TRS gigs.

I think you are confusing things.

Gigs sell well when you offer something of value to people that you can help and who can afford you.

All of the above is condensed further:

positioning and marketing.

4 minutes ago, frank_d said:

Again: define “better”.

Pro gigs offer leverage to up your pricing but at the same time there are less people willing to buy them.

Regular gigs, are just that. Regular gigs.

There are no TRS gigs.

I think you are confusing things.

Gigs sell well when you offer something of value to people that you can help and who can afford you.

All of the above is condensed further:

positioning and marketing.

Thanks for your explanation, it becomes so much clearer to me between the differences of Pro and TRS gigs.

2 minutes ago, jorismulkens said:

Thanks for your explanation, it becomes so much clearer to me between the differences of Pro and TRS gigs.

Feel free to apply for Pro.

Chances are slim in your niche, not even sure they are taking applications but out of the two badges it’s the only one you can do something about it.

Archived