Best gear/plugin pickup of 2021

fvrrmusic

Looking back at 2021, what were your biggest game changers when it came to gear/plugin upgrades? I'll start!

Gear: finally got a Shure SM7B to be my versatile, always out microphone, replacing my Blue Baby Bottle. Loving it so far!

Software/VST: Arturia V Collection. Instant impact when it comes to the music I'm making. Helps me get a bit closer to that analog sound without buying physical synths (maybe in 2022 🤞)

What about you guys?

• Like 22
  • Up 4

53 minutes ago, fvrrmusic said:

Looking back at 2021, what were your biggest game changers when it came to gear/plugin upgrades? I'll start!

Gear: finally got a Shure SM7B to be my versatile, always out microphone, replacing my Blue Baby Bottle. Loving it so far!

Software/VST: Arturia V Collection. Instant impact when it comes to the music I'm making. Helps me get a bit closer to that analog sound without buying physical synths (maybe in 2022 🤞)

What about you guys?

I finally catch one analog gear, I chose Alesis 3630 in 2021, still happy with the R1280Db (monitors) I have, using them for 4 years now and 2021 was the year I bought the H840 (headphones) and am still impressed about them. Very nice!

• Like 22

• 1 month later...

I grabbed a huge bundle of Waves plugins for $99, down from $1400 or so. Was a deal I could not pass on. I also got the lady that makes all my custom clothes to print me stickers for my Behringer BCF2000 usb controller for $10 - it's old and clunky, and I want a new controller - but this was enough to give it some new life and I am finding new functionality in it so I am happy not spending $1000+ on a replacement. I also took it apart and adjusted the tension on the motorized faders to make it faster and quieter.

• Like 13
  • Up 1

• 1 month later...

i had a decent stack of plugins i used, unfortunately my computer had crashed several months ago, and i've been steadily downloading the ones I used most, rebuilding.. taking my time stacking my library back up.

it was a tough lesson learned not to back up my things, but it's also refreshing to be right back at the beginning, mainly creating and stacking up new sounds/plugins.

honestly my most expensive purchase last year was rc20

• Like 11

• 3 months later...

Best gear pickup I think was a subsequent 37.  I love it and have used it on almost every project since I got it in my hot little hands.

Best plugin pickup was Kelvin ToneShaper.  I spam that thing so much lol.  Just so useful, all different kinds of subtle or wild saturation, an awesome EQ stage which filters before or after the two gain stages, output clipper, a subtle filter for harsh harmonics, harmonic widening... it's just so good.  

• Like 8