can i ask the client for a review ?

aslanstores

Question

hi there, i have done many designs for many clients but most of them end up telling me that's so perfect or just in the chat telling me how good my job is, but iam not sure if I can ask them for a review cause some people say it's against the rules and others say it's only against if I asked for a ( positive review )  so if there is any advice, please tell me, thanks in advance   

15 answers to this question

You can remind clients gently to leave a review, but can not request they leave a specific type of review (like a positive review, 5 star review, etc.). That would violate the TOS. Fiverr does remind buyers to leave a review on your behalf several times though, so I'm not sure if its necessary for you to also remind them. 🤷‍♀️

55 minutes ago, aslanstores said:

hi there, i have done many designs for many clients but most of them end up telling me that's so perfect or just in the chat telling me how good my job is, but iam not sure if I can ask them for a review cause some people say it's against the rules and others say it's only against if I asked for a ( positive review )  so if there is any advice, please tell me, thanks in advance   

You are technically correct in that you can't ask for a positive review, but as another person commented, you can "remind" then gently to do so.  HOWEVER, let me caution about one thing.  I hate after patronizing a dentist, doctor, plumber, etc...I have to endure the constant nags of "Like us on Facebook", and "Follow us on Twitter" and "Review us on Yelp."  This is useless spam to me, so let me just advise that if I ordered from you, and afterwards you spammed me to ask for a review, It would be a 1 star review that says the following.  "I ordered from this person, but they have been spamming afterwards, AVOID." It makes you appear desperate and needy. Just be happy they ordered, and let them be.

Here's my two cents on the subject.

It could be either,

1. The client doesn't understand what reviews mean in Fiverr, or how to leave a review.
2. They are busy and probably don't have much time to post a review.
3. They could be purchasing from multiple sellers and to maintain anonymity, they'd refrain from leaving a review.
4. They are simply too arrogant.

Whatever the case maybe, asking for a review (gently or not) puts the client in a position where they have to leave a positive review (no one asks for a bad review after all right?). I believe the FIverr's order system is already built in a way to push for reviews. Since it must be one of many key factors the search bots take into consideration to assess the quality of the service we offer. So in a way Fiverr would want our clients to leave reviews more than we do 😁

My advice is don't think much about reviews. Let them come to you naturally. Review or no review, we always get paid at the end of the day!

6 hours ago, arafathr said:

You can not ask your clients for review. You have to provide quality type service then your client will give you fantastic review. 

You can, but it's the way you ask. I agree that you provide quality service (logical, if you don't, you will get a negative review). At the end I ask if my client is happy with the final product, if so, if he would like to mark the order as complete and share his or her experience as a buyer by placing a review.

Saying you can't ask for a review is wrong. People who say that don't treat their business as a business. We live in an era online reputation is everything. People who says you can't ask for a review still live in the 80s.

Recently I went to eat at the Hindustani restaurant. During checkout I got a business card pressed into my hands and the owner asked if I wanted to post a review. If he had never asked, I would never have done it, so I gave this hard-working man a big review. Even my bank asked for a review.

9 hours ago, thetruth_ said:

No. Read the ToS plese. Fiverr asks the buyer this anyway.

Please search your question before asking it. We answered this question here a hundred times at least.

Misinformation, nowhere in the Terms of Service is it stated that discussing this with the customer in any form or shape is prohibited: https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

You can remind clients gently to leave a review, but can not request they leave a specific type of review (like a positive review, 5 star review, etc.). That would violate the TOS. Fiverr does remind buyers to leave a review on your behalf several times though, so I'm not sure if its necessary for you to also remind them. 

Archived