Cancel the Order

willi_69

Hi there. May I ask you a question?
So I got the order to make a song album cover with $20 money on it. It's the tier 3 package, so you get ++blablabla, it's basically a $10 editor with +service.
And this buyer ask me if I can make the picture similar to "his reference" and I said, "yes I can".

Until Day+3 the project is not done yet. Too many requests, too many revisions, and then he asked me to make the same picture that was made by a very professional editor, he ask a $10 editor to make some Benny Production (if you know who he is) masterpiece something like that. I'm not judging people the way they look or they pose but the fact that he's very girly (too many requests and too picky), and I think this project will never end, and my question is, it's okay to me if I ask him to cancel the order? Or I'm the one who cancels the order (?) And what's the bad side for me for the future? 

Thank you.

1 hour ago, willi_69 said:

I'm not judging people the way they look or they pose but the fact that he's very girly (too many requests and too picky)

Classifying a guy as being "very girly" is the very definition of judging someone. 

my question is, it's okay to me if I ask him to cancel the order? Or I'm the one who cancels the order (?)

Deliver what he ordered, and say no to anything beyond that. If he wants word that was not part of the original order, let him know that will cost extra. Cancelling an order in which you have already delivered work is a bad idea -- and you lose time, and the money you earned doing the work.

And what's the bad side for me for the future?

The "bad side" is that a cancellation will lower your metrics for the next 60 days. Lower metrics may influence how many people find your gig in the search results.

Archived