Seller says price is $65 USD but actually comes out as $97 USD

Hello everyone! I need some help and guidance since i’m new. 

The seller told me over in the chat the price is $65 USD and sends me a custom offer. But when the custom offer comes its priced at $97?? And he says its on Fiverr’s end?

Doing my due diligence and checking with the support team. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!!

• Like 4

That doesn't check out. Fiverr does add a service fee of 5.5% on top of the price set by the seller (and that's invisible from the seller's point of view), but that wouldn't turn $65 to $97. Ask your seller to take a screenshot of the conversation page with the custom offer, and it should be clear if he's lying or not. If it does show $65 on his end and $97 on yours... contact support and ask them what's going on, because that's very strange.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 4
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, precords1275 said:

This happens when you have your fiverr set to YOUR currency.

I didn't reference that fact because that would be absurd, since the OP said "$65 USD". If he is then looking at 97 in a different currency and complaining about it, he's either totally clueless or being dishonest. 

By the way, it was about time each currency had their own symbol, it's absurd that $ can apparently be used to refer to US dollars, Canadian Dollars, and god knows what else. One currency, one symbol. That would solve a lot of needless confusion. For me, $ = US dollars and that's it. It's the world's reserve currency. The other currencies that use the same symbol are next to irrelevant in a global marketplace, so those are the ones that have to add a disclaimer (CAD, etc.). $ alone by itself should always unequivocally mean USD. Or better yet, just make their own symbol, we use €'s here and there's no confusion, and it's the same with the yen, the pound, etc. There is no Zimbabwean €, and no Moroccan £. Why is there a Canadian $, then?

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 1