Seller says price is $65 USD but actually comes out as $97 USD

smylomylo32

Hello everyone! I need some help and guidance since i’m new. 

The seller told me over in the chat the price is $65 USD and sends me a custom offer. But when the custom offer comes its priced at $97?? And he says its on Fiverr’s end?

Doing my due diligence and checking with the support team. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!!

That doesn't check out. Fiverr does add a service fee of 5.5% on top of the price set by the seller (and that's invisible from the seller's point of view), but that wouldn't turn $65 to $97. Ask your seller to take a screenshot of the conversation page with the custom offer, and it should be clear if he's lying or not. If it does show $65 on his end and $97 on yours... contact support and ask them what's going on, because that's very strange.

18 minutes ago, precords1275 said:

This happens when you have your fiverr set to YOUR currency.

I didn't reference that fact because that would be absurd, since the OP said "$65 USD". If he is then looking at 97 in a different currency and complaining about it, he's either totally clueless or being dishonest. 

By the way, it was about time each currency had their own symbol, it's absurd that $ can apparently be used to refer to US dollars, Canadian Dollars, and god knows what else. One currency, one symbol. That would solve a lot of needless confusion. For me, $ = US dollars and that's it. It's the world's reserve currency. The other currencies that use the same symbol are next to irrelevant in a global marketplace, so those are the ones that have to add a disclaimer (CAD, etc.). $ alone by itself should always unequivocally mean USD. Or better yet, just make their own symbol, we use €'s here and there's no confusion, and it's the same with the yen, the pound, etc. There is no Zimbabwean €, and no Moroccan £. Why is there a Canadian $, then?

Archived