Brand Yourself? Yeah Right!

Well first thank you for reading the entirety of the post! 

Your brand is inclusive of your intentions, behavior and mission. The old school way of thinking is that a visually pleasing brand is all you need to get the business. The meaning of brand is in the new age is a total package of behavior and intentions because without the behavior and as you say “integrity to back it up” your brand is nothing that leads to success on Fiverr. 

• Like 43
  • Up 1

Melissa, I know it is harsh, but what is your point?  You propose that branding is the key to success.  So, what are your steps to branding?  I'm not seeing anything actionable in your statements. 

Also, help me understand your two seemingly contradictory statements of Everything you do, say, express and create should relate to who you are as a brand and DO NOT DEVIATE. and BUT stepping away for a moment and coming back to your BRAND can help you through some of the struggles that may lead you down a dark hole.

Are you saying never change, or it is OK to evaluate it?

• Like 41
  • Up 2

On 1/5/2022 at 4:36 PM, cs_evans said:

BUT stepping away for a moment and coming back to your BRAND can help you through some of the struggles that may lead you down a dark hole.

By stepping away I mean walking away from a frustrating situation or person so you don’t react in a way that you may be sorry for later. It’s easy to loose your cool and make behavior mistakes unless you have a core mission and a brand that helps you stay on the right path. 

I certainly don’t mind harsh because being direct is better than stepping around a challenge. In this case, I can’t give specific actionable items because that’s like saying here are the steps to what will make you happy. Only you can figure out what that means to you. 

Your deeper Brand reflects everything about your business and it starts with your mission statement. Why are you here? What is your purpose? What is your goal?

I know deep thinking can be uncomfortable sometimes but not everything comes in a nice list off the shelf. A quick google search can get the answer to creating a brand.

My point is that deeper branding is your behavior, the way your customers think about you, your product, your service. It’s about making your personal brand stick and sticking with it when you just want to call someone a jerk. 

I believe that a deeper part of Fiverr’s brand (not just the green and quirky commercials) is doing the right thing when no one is looking. It’s those moments when no one is looking where you have the choice to do what is right or wrong. Those who choose to create a deeper brand of “doing the right thing all the time” on Fiverr, I believe, have the best chance of becoming a Top Rated Seller. 

So glad this creates a response and discussion. 

• Like 35
  • Up 4

7 hours ago, melissaharlowvo said:

I can’t give specific actionable items because that’s like saying here are the steps to what will make you happy. Only you can figure out what that means to you. 

Mellisa, I will challenge you on this part, too.  When I was doing my MBA, a lot of the classes had elements about how specifically to build a brand.  

The reason I am pushing back on you is I know you have the correct concept, but it will go right over the head of 90% of the people here, or at very least not be considered deeply.  I believe that creating a brand is steps 1, 2, 3, etc.  What is up for individual determination is "what is my brand?", i.e., "what do I stand for and won't deviate from?", and "how do I want to project that image?"  Once you answer those questions, it is just a formula to actually create that image. 

• Like 33
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

This link to Fiverr’s podcast explains what my discussion of  deeper brand. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/ninetwentynine/id1504434303?i=1000547381194

On 1/7/2022 at 5:09 PM, cs_evans said:

Mellisa, I will challenge you on this part, too.  When I was doing my MBA, a lot of the classes had elements about how specifically to build a brand.  

The reason I am pushing back on you is I know you have the correct concept, but it will go right over the head of 90% of the people here, or at very least not be considered deeply.  

This link to Fiverr’s podcast explains my discussion of why I feel it’s important to create a deeper, mission based brand. 

“…being more empathic than ever...”

”…do healthy your way…”

”…humanize our brand…”

Amina Pashan

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/ninetwentynine/id1504434303?i=1000547381194

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2