The Crew: Introduce yourself! Who are you, what do you do and what do you wish for this forum to be?

video_at_fvrr

Hi guys,

I am Jacky and manage the Video & Animation categories here on Fiverr for the past 1,5 years.

We created this forum for YOU to debate, discuss, ask and bring up anything video-related on your mind.

I want to use this forum to talk to you, hear your thoughts, ideas and trends. You’ll be amongst the first to know about changes and new categories in Video & Animation, be able to provide input and exchange with others in our community - our crew.

Take it away and start by telling us who you are, what you do, and what you wish for this forum to be.

Excited to meet our crew here!

Jacky

• Like 98
  • Haha 1
  • Up 9
  • Thanks 3

Video and animation is quite a broad category... Must have your hands full. 🤹‍♀️

I'd hope for the forum to somewhat revert to its previous state as the current iteration is absolutely inundated with users spamming terrible advice and banal replies in an meaningless attempt to "level up" their forum rank.

Oh, introductions. I've been active on Fiverr for approaching two years, and I primarily offer humorous or oddball spokesperson videos and voice over.

• Like 67
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Up 8
  • Thanks 3

Woops... Took too long to edit!

I'm Dor and I'm the Professional Evaluator for Video and Animation 🙂 Basically, I'm in charge of qualitative vetting and promoting high-quality sellers! I work a lot with Jacky and I can't wait to see how this forum grows! 

My background is mainly in 3D Character Animation (worked on the 3D reboot of the Muppet Babies on Disney Jr. if anyone knows it!), but I have also have live action production experience and lived and breathed Video and Photography for a while before I discovered animation 🙂 

Looking forward to meeting more of our awesome Video & Animation sellers, and welcome Enunciator! 

• Like 65
  • Up 3

Hi,

I am a new member. I am an expert on short video ads. I can make video in various orientation for different platform. I provide premium footage, a huge number of templates, amazing transitions, exciting background music, voice over, script writing as buyer ask. I have many years experience on various software. I will make the project smoothly and deliver it very quickly. I hope I can satisfy others with my works. Thank you. 

• Like 59
  • Up 1

Hello, Jacky, Thedoreo, and fellow Fiverr Forum members.

I have worked as a proofreader, copyeditor and one time letter writer on Fiverr for 4.5 years.

On 1/4/2022 at 8:42 AM, enunciator said:

I'd hope for the forum to somewhat revert to its previous state as the current iteration is absolutely inundated with users spamming terrible advice and banal replies in an meaningless attempt to "level up" their forum rank.

1 hour ago, visualstudios said:

I wish the forum would be a place for networking and growth opportunity, instead of the current spam fest. 

I agree with @enunciator and @visualstudios. When I first started on the Forum, it was a fun place to hang out. As a new to selling on Fiverr, I learned much from the excellent advice given by the more experienced Forum members. Plus, it was a place to have conversations with my Forum friends. I used to make games that all could participate in at one time, and it was fun. However, since the new Forum was instituted and I made games, they were all spammed with irrelevant posts as some wanted to gain Forum badges. 

I also liked the transparency of the moderation on the former Forum. There when you reported a post that was against Forum guidelines, you would receive a message that enabled you to see the action that had been taken. When I report a post on the new Forum, I do not know if I am wasting my time or if the report was dealt with. 

When I first used the Forum in 2017, another user told me that to them was a nice break from work—kind of like when you meet up with your coworkers at the water cooler during a break. That camaraderie has all but disappeared with this new Forum. And it has been replaced with the same questions being posted over and over and over again. Then these questions are answered by clueless users who read something posted on YouTube that is incorrect. I used to take the time to answer some of the questions, but it is like the same old questions are shoveled in, and I only have a teaspoon's worth of time to answer them. Therefore, I stopped. 

Many things about the former Fiverr Forum were not good, but I miss it.  

• Like 46
  • Up 9

Hey @video_at_fvrr

Nice to see you on the forum Jacky!

Super-excited to get a new forum subcategory for my vertical.

Hi there @thedoreo nice to meet you as well! So glad someone with your expertise and experience is there to help evaluate sellers in the video vertical.

I wish more animators and video creators would come together here and discuss things openly.

In my mind we are not competitors, we are peers.

• Like 50
  • Up 5

frank_d
This post was recognized by frank_d!

"Welcome Jacky!"

video_at_fvrr was awarded the badge 'Superstar' and 25 points.

Hi everyone glad to see some action here and see some familiar names!

@frank_d @visualstudios @nikandco can't agree more with you! We want this forum to be the place to talk, exchange and feedback together.

I believe there is a lot of magic in us exchanging and supporting each other with the knowledge of experienced video creators. In terms of developing our skills as well as of course for being successful on Fiverr - as sellers and buyers!

We built this V&A sub-forum to discuss all that's relevant for the video & animation community and l am looking forward to see more and more:).  

As such I am starting a new thread and am curious to see and hear from you there:)

And of course, everyone who joins at any point, this is an ongoing thread - we are glad to meet you !

• Like 41
  • Thanks 3

On 1/20/2022 at 10:30 PM, nikandco said:

Perfectly said @video_at_fvrr I know a lot of us work predominately solo and from home, so its great to have a community here to chat with.

Unrelated, @thedoreo, but please tell me in the reboot of the Muppet Babies, they finally showed their Nanny's face? That's all childhood me every wanted. 🤣

I wish they would, but nope! Her model did have a face though, so I do know what she looks like 😉 

• Like 36

14 minutes ago, hasibulbd2 said:

How to increase my gig's impression?

Hi @hasibulbd2You ended up in the wrong thread. (This is an intro thread for video/animation sellers to get to know each other). For tips on starting out, you will want to visit the Seller Tips thread and post your question there. There are lots of answers to this very question in that forum.

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/forum/16-tips-for-sellers/

Or, you can check out this article:

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010708757-Best-practices-for-new-Fiverr-sellers

Good luck!

• Like 33

Hello,

I'm Huma, a full-time freelance copy, legal, and content writer with five years of experience. On fiverr, I have just spent a few months. 

I do nothing except lying down on my bed studying philosophy or getting scolded from my mother for not doing anything. 

I wish this forum becomes a place where we could always grab something productive. 

@frank_d @gina_riley2@visualstudios @surajkartha are some of the finest members I always want to connect with and learn from. 

• Like 34

On 1/30/2022 at 12:36 AM, rabihumakhan said:

Hello,

I'm Huma, a full-time freelance copy, legal, and content writer with five years of experience. On fiverr, I have just spent a few months. 

I do nothing except lying down on my bed studying philosophy or getting scolded from my mother for not doing anything. 

I wish this forum becomes a place where we could always grab something productive. 

@frank_d @gina_riley2@visualstudios @surajkartha are some of the finest members I always want to connect with and learn from. 

While I am humbled by the kind words 🙏 I can't help but think that you probably tagged me in error 😅

And I am not even being modest here, just that neither am I a seller here nor do I specialize in copyrighting or content creation 😅

• Like 30

19 hours ago, surajkartha said:

help but think that you probably tagged me in error 😅

And I am not even being modest here, just that neither am I a seller here nor do I specialize in copyrighting or content creation 😅

Well, I didn't tag you mistakenly and I knew you weren't a seller. @gina_riley2 isn't a seller as well. 

You're some of the great members here who have knowledge, sense of humor, and understanding. 

Also, copywriting is my field so I don't care if you're one or not, lol. 

Free for a 'copy' (coffee)

• Like 27
  • Confused 1