Does using VPN affect fiverr's seller account?

saifullahwaseem

Question

Greetings, I am new to fiverr and just completed my 5th order. I usually open fiverr's dashboard on a new tab and leave, So if any client message me then I can answer them quick. I was using Instagram with VPN on and fiverr was still open on the other tab when I noticed I quickly turned VPN off and after 1 week I have noticed that my impressions are not doing well after that. I also messaged some of the sellers with my seller account.

Is this because of VPN and messaging or this is just me overthinking? Thank you very much!

Edited by saifullahwaseem
  • Like 22
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 answers to this question

It's NOT risky - it's ok. I use VPN sometimes, and also very often I really change location because I travel a lot. And it does not affect the statistics in any way

On 1/2/2022 at 9:06 AM, meahasan75 said:

Yes. Its risky for your account. 
Because of fiverr can track us. while you will use VPN then your IP will automatically changed. Then it will be tracked by fiverr. and its against fiverrs rules & conditions.

What is against rules? Changing location? Seriously? It doesn't matter where are you when you open Fiverr, and VPN doesn't affect it

• Like 17

On 1/2/2022 at 7:47 AM, saifullahwaseem said:

I also messaged some of the sellers with my seller account.

Why are you messaging other sellers? Are you intending to buy their services? If not, your messages are probably being marked as spam and YES, this CAN affect your account. In fact, get reported for sending messages (unsolicited) to other sellers (unless you are asking to buy something they sell) enough times, and your account will be banned.

GG

• Like 12
  • Up 3

On 1/3/2022 at 1:00 AM, olyasr said:

What is against rules? Changing location? Seriously? It doesn't matter where are you when you open Fiverr, and VPN doesn't affect it

Well, as a writer you can easily use a VPN, advertise from the US and thus ask for a lot more money without even being a native user or having the experience you mention. Generally, US writers charge a whole lot more due to being native. It depends on the category of course, but in the case of writing using a VPN is a serious problem and it can lead to a ban. 

• Like 11

On 1/9/2022 at 9:14 AM, donnovan86 said:

Well, as a writer you can easily use a VPN, advertise from the US and thus ask for a lot more money without even being a native user or having the experience you mention. Generally, US writers charge a whole lot more due to being native. It depends on the category of course, but in the case of writing using a VPN is a serious problem and it can lead to a ban. 

Charge - do you mean Fiverr fee?

• Like 11

On 1/5/2022 at 3:24 AM, filipdevaere said:

There is no risk at all. I am using a VPN already since I started on Fiverr. My VPN is always ON. 

So, my friend that's a seller can't access his account after using a VPN. Does that mean his account has been banned? Is there some sort of remedy?

• Like 3