The simplest way to get a boost in ranking!

frank_d

@uk1000 A quick update re: tags

I edited my gig yesterday and those two tags magically appeared out of nowhere.

I haven’t heard back from Fiverr yet so I assume it took time because they had to be manually added? 

I truly have no idea why those two tags took close to 5 days to appear.

• Like 145
  • Haha 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/1/2022 at 9:09 PM, frank_d said:

Hey gang!

Happy New Year!

So as part of my strategy for 2022, I have to update 3 of my gigs, plus create two more Pro offerings.

I started with the latter which, as per usual, brought forth an abrupt case of procrastinatitis. 😜

So Instead of working on my business, I thought I'd write up a quick post to help anyone who struggles with new gig creation and wants to give themselves a quick little boost when publishing.

This is the hack you've been looking for...

fyyU.gif

So this is very straightforward, and it seems deceivingly simple. So much so, that many seasoned veterans omit this.

Take advantage of everything that Fiverr gives you.

Fill out every field.

Enable every feature.

Did you get a random invite to beta test an obscure feature? Jump in, ask questions later.

The reasoning behind this simple tip is that Fiverr's algorithm will favor every listing that seems to be the most complete.

So there's a simple but very real checklist that the search engine performs when evaluating new gigs.

The more complete your gig is, the better your chances to get ranked slightly higher than your competition.

So to make this more actionable for you:

• Fill out your gig's description, as close to the limit as possible, without of course writing random stuff just to fill up space.

• Use all 5 tags.

• Add a FAQ section.

• Enable packages.

• Enable subscriptions.

• Add all 5 of your most notable clients.

• Enable and completely fill out your portfolio.

• Create a studio.

• Add the How it works feature.

• Add gig extras. (especially the ones already made by Fiverr for you)

• Edit your Fiverr Business Seller Profile

If you don't have some of the above listed features available for your account, don't fret.

The goal is to use ALL available features to you.

Fiverr continuously adds more filters and options for buyers to find the right gigs.

And the easiest way to quantify a gig's potential performance, is to see how complete it is when it is published.

That's all for now. 

This is obviously not the "magic pill" solution most users on this forum are looking for.

BUT

This is by far the most effective trick I have discovered that requires very little effort on your end.

Let me know what you think, what you have experienced when publishing new gigs that performed well

and if you have any questions!

Frank D.

Do you really think that everyone should enable all feature on there gig setting. not everyone have achieved top rated or fiverr choice badge and they have not able to enable all feature on there gig setting right. there is also new seller, level 1 and level 2 and they don't even have subscriptions button. then how can they able to enable all feature on there gig setting.... And who already have achieve top rated or fiverr choice they don't even have to edit or modify there gig. they are already ranked isn't it.....

Edited by rakibul_13
  • Like 127
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 4

Hey @rakibul_13 thank you for joining the discussion.

If you revisit my OP I said that you shouldn’t worry if those features aren’t yet available to you.

What’s important is for you to use EVERYTHING that Fiverr offers you at this point in time.

I am a TRS and Pro seller and my gigs are not “ranked”. I am not made.

If I don’t follow what the marketplace does and work at making my gigs relevant, I will be out of a job in just a couple of months.

I do recognize I am at an advantage when compared to a level 1 or level 2 seller, when it comes to the tools I have at my disposal.

But this is not the point. A level 1 seller can still create a gig that’s more relevant than mine and fair better in search results. 

• Like 153
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 7

On 1/1/2022 at 4:09 PM, frank_d said:

Hey gang!

Happy New Year!

So as part of my strategy for 2022, I have to update 3 of my gigs, plus create two more Pro offerings.

I started with the latter which, as per usual, brought forth an abrupt case of procrastinatitis. 😜

So Instead of working on my business, I thought I'd write up a quick post to help anyone who struggles with new gig creation and wants to give themselves a quick little boost when publishing.

fyyU.gif

So this is very straightforward, and it seems deceivingly simple. So much so, that many seasoned veterans omit this.

Fill out every field.

Enable every feature.

Did you get a random invite to beta test an obscure feature? Jump in, ask questions later.

The reasoning behind this simple tip is that Fiverr's algorithm will favor every listing that seems to be the most complete.

So there's a simple but very real checklist that the search engine performs when evaluating new gigs.

The more complete your gig is, the better your chances to get ranked slightly higher than your competition.

• Fill out your gig's description, as close to the limit as possible, without of course writing random stuff just to fill up space.

• Use all 5 tags.

• Add a FAQ section.

• Enable packages.

• Enable subscriptions.

• Create a studio.

If you don't have some of the above listed features available for your account, don't fret.

Fiverr continuously adds more filters and options for buyers to find the right gigs.

And the easiest way to quantify a gig's potential performance, is to see how complete it is when it is published.

That's all for now. 

This is obviously not the "magic pill" solution most users on this forum are looking for.

BUT

This is by far the most effective trick I have discovered that requires very little effort on your end.

Let me know what you think, what you have experienced when publishing new gigs that performed well

Frank D.

Thank you frank for this insightful packed words, i have being having issues with my gigs for the past 7months, i do have 3 weeks on and maybe 1and half months off, after a lot of twisting and editing, i will got promoted to first page and immediately the system saw me sealed 3-5orders, i got demoted to page 19 or 20 again. please what personal advice did you have for me.
Thank you sire

• Like 117
  • Confused 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 5

On 1/23/2022 at 2:02 AM, otem_global said:

Thank you frank for this insightful packed words, i have being having issues with my gigs for the past 7months, i do have 3 weeks on and maybe 1and half months off, after a lot of twisting and editing, i will got promoted to first page and immediately the system saw me sealed 3-5orders, i got demoted to page 19 or 20 again. please what personal advice did you have for me.
Thank you sire

Hi there and thank you for sharing your experience.

Sounds like possibly a performance issue?

There are a lot of things that may have contributed to what you are describing so I don’t have a definitive answer.

From personal experience I can tell you that most likely one or more of those orders maybe didn’t go all that well?

Usually when things pick up for my gigs and then they abruptly stop, I can see that there was an order that was either problematic or that I was overwhelmed by more orders than I could handle at one time.

Again: I’m not saying I know that’s what happened in your case, I am just suggesting where you can look for answers.

• Like 116
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 4

Hey gang!

Happy New Year!

fyyU.gif

Fill out every field.

Enable every feature.

• Use all 5 tags.

• Add a FAQ section.

• Enable packages.

• Enable subscriptions.

• Create a studio.

That's all for now. 

BUT

Frank D.

I did all of this now I'm active all day in fiverr 

• Like 110
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, shaira_hossain said:

I did all of this now I'm active all day in fiverr 

That’s great that you tried to apply my tips but please don’t stay on Fiverr “all day long”.

There’s no need.

Use your downtime more productively, research the platform, work on your craft, refine your gigs.

• Like 110
  • Congrats! 5
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the info! Do you have any tips then outside of this for those who are brand new and have never gotten a client before using fiverr? I have checked this guide out as well as a few others, and also tried to make my listings seem similar to other popular ones in how I structured them. I also give my fiverr link to anyone that will look, but so far nothing has resulted. I noticed I have around 60 impressions for my writing gig with 6 clicks only, and around 70 for the art one with 6 clicks as well. I am unsure if that is 'good' or 'bad' or if it means anything at all really. I read a thing that sort of explained that impressions are done by fiverr to 'check your work' so to speak - kind of like a pretend search to see if your stuff is brought up with whatever or something? But a lot of it still is strange to me lol 

• Like 108
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, sesoru said:

Thanks for the info! Do you have any tips then outside of this for those who are brand new and have never gotten a client before using fiverr? I have checked this guide out as well as a few others, and also tried to make my listings seem similar to other popular ones in how I structured them. I also give my fiverr link to anyone that will look, but so far nothing has resulted. I noticed I have around 60 impressions for my writing gig with 6 clicks only, and around 70 for the art one with 6 clicks as well. I am unsure if that is 'good' or 'bad' or if it means anything at all really. I read a thing that sort of explained that impressions are done by fiverr to 'check your work' so to speak - kind of like a pretend search to see if your stuff is brought up with whatever or something? But a lot of it still is strange to me lol 

Feel feee to check this post:

And all the posts linked in it as well.

No, impressions are not a fake search done by Fiverr. It means your gig appeared as a result when buyers were looking for something. It doesn’t tell you however how high up you appeared and if buyers saw it and chose not to click or never even noticed it.

If you are “brand new” you need to focus on improving the number of impressions before dealing with what clicks you should be getting.

In my personal opinion, copying what others are doing is a bad idea.

Mostly because you are trying to directly compete with someone who is already successful. If you copy their structure and what they do, and you manage somehow to appear next to them, do you think people will pick you or the established seller?

Try and look for what you think made them successful and try to position yourself differently.

Keep in mind that this is a highly saturated marketplace and this is going to be hard work.

• Like 106
  • Thanks 4

16 hours ago, frank_d said:

Feel feee to check this post:

And all the posts linked in it as well.

No, impressions are not a fake search done by Fiverr. It means your gig appeared as a result when buyers were looking for something. It doesn’t tell you however how high up you appeared and if buyers saw it and chose not to click or never even noticed it.

If you are “brand new” you need to focus on improving the number of impressions before dealing with what clicks you should be getting.

In my personal opinion, copying what others are doing is a bad idea.

Mostly because you are trying to directly compete with someone who is already successful. If you copy their structure and what they do, and you manage somehow to appear next to them, do you think people will pick you or the established seller?

Try and look for what you think made them successful and try to position yourself differently.

Keep in mind that this is a highly saturated marketplace and this is going to be hard work.

This is actually one of the ones I did end up reading! I think I somehow just got confused then about the analytics and the impressions part then, so thank you for that clarification.

As for the copying, I didn't mean a direct copy. Basically I took what I saw successful people doing and then I adapted it to my own style. For instance, I looked at how people structured their offers of art and if they had rules/guidelines, or if they kept it simple or more detailed in their descriptions etc. I also looked to see if there were any keywords or phrases that seemed to be used often throughout gigs listed. A lot of people very clearly outline what their gig offers and how the process goes, so I tried to do a similar approach with my own take that was comfortable for me. I hope that clears up my short way of calling it before.

I do understand that originality is a good thing to have as it draws attention, but I didn't want it to be completely different and then turn off potential buyers as a result. I do think I offer - at least as far as my art goes - something slightly different to what others are offering since my stuff is monochrome and has a base background that is also present in the foreground if that makes sense. I don't think I saw too many others offering this, so I'm not sure if that will be a good niche or if it will end up biting me in the butt later on ahah.

I see you have several threads up by the way to help others. That's pretty awesome of you! I will be reading most likely even more from you later as I continue to peruse and get used to the place XD

• Like 105
  • Thanks 3

On 1/27/2022 at 8:52 PM, mdashik45 said:

Hi frank_d 

I regularly follow your tips. So I want to move my current services to UI UX design. Could you tell me this decision is great for my future & what is the future of UI UX?

Thanks ❤️
mdashik45

I can’t say whether or not that is a good move or not.

That depends on a lot of things, first and foremost your hard skills.

This is not just a trend or a different style in design. It’s an entire principle that requires honing in your skills if you are to claim a percentage of the market.

• Like 99
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/28/2022 at 1:18 PM, jahid_hossain said:

All are awesome tips, my question is, I have done everything but still not getting any boost up to my gig, no order as well.

My tips on this post assume that your offering is solid and you have positioned yourself correctly.

It’s not a hack that will magically get you sales.

You should read my other posts if your gigs get 0 traction.

• Like 95
  • Thanks 4

On 1/28/2022 at 11:18 AM, jahid_hossain said:

my question is, I have done everything but still not getting any boost up to my gig, no order as well.

Though one of the suggestions was to add an FAQ section but neither of your gigs has an FAQ section. You could try adding 3 or more FAQ questions to each gig.

• Like 98
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 5

@frank_d thanks so much for the great value you always bring. Just a quick question.

Is it a good idea to keep tweaking your gigs (title, description, tag thumbnail, price etc.) as often as every month? I am referring to a gig that is not performing well of course, I wouldn't toy with a winning gig unless absolutely necessary.

This is what I have been doing for my gigs that went all flat for long time now. Is it doing more harm than good as relates to indexing or something?

I started out well but now I have no idea what went south.

Edited by tonychima360
typo error
  • Like 98
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, tonychima360 said:

@frank_d thanks so much for the great value you always bring. Just a quick question.

Is it a good idea to keep tweaking your gigs (title, description, tag thumbnail, price etc.) as often as every month? I am referring to a gig that is not performing well of course, I wouldn't toy with a winning gig unless absolutely necessary.

This is what I have been doing for my gigs that went all flat for long time now. Is it doing more harm than good as relates to indexing or something?

I started out well but now I have no idea what went south.

Hey @tonychima360

Sorry to hear about your gigs.

A lot of low level sellers are facing the same problem: they start off great and then they “suddenly” lose all traction.

I can’t tell for sure but this sounds like a performance issue. One of your orders at some point wasn’t all that smooth and things drastically deteriorated shortly after that.

Editing your gigs at random, is not doing you any good regardless of how often you edit your gigs.

so my suggestion is to edit them, but before editing them you need to have a plan in place. Edit one thing at a time (SEO or description not both) that way you can evaluate the results. Always allow for 2-3 days after editing for re-indexing and then allow for 7-14 days of viewing your analytics and seeing if they improved.

Always look for a good impressions:clicks ratio. Anything else doesn’t matter (until you get a sale that is).

And lastly, since you are an aspiring animator, some personalized advice: get rid of the dead weight.

Delete or pause the gigs that have nothing to do with animation and any gig that has 0 sales.

Your gigs are full of tiny grammatical errors and you claim you pay attention to detail.

Your positioning is too wide. Narrow it down.

You make extremely bold claims about your videos being proven to skyroket sales.

Manage expectations pre-purchase. No reason to make these claims especially since you are not backing them up with actual data.

best of luck!

• Like 96
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 4

I need advice please.

My 5 gigs receive between 700 to 900 impressions daily (as seen on my mobile app) with an average of 10 daily clicks.

Yet all my clients on Fiverr have come from my marketing efforts on social media (LinkedIn specifically).

Could there be a reason why I am not getting orders from the Fiverr platform?

My prices are okay for a new seller, even though I've had above 5 years experience offering my service on LinkedIn and I charge pretty high there.

Can someone please advice me on what I am not getting right?

(My Fiverr profile URL is on my profile here, for anyone that wants to check)

Thanks in advance

Eno

• Like 97
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, file_wizzard said:

Can I pay to rank better?

If you have the "gig promotion" option you can promote the gigs that it lets you. Promoted gigs can appear near the top and are separate from the normal gig listings (ie. your organic listing will appear separately and shouldn't be affected).

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/4405489899153-How-Promoted-Gigs-works-Ad-ranking-explained?segment=seller

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 93
  • Congrats! 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, file_wizzard said:

How can I know if my gigs can be promoted?

At the top of the seller screen eg, when you're on the dashboard the menu options there should have things like:

"dashboard, messages, orders, gigs, analytics, promoted gigs, earnings".

If it's there you should be able to promote at least 1 of your gigs (unless they go "unqualified"). You can select that option (if it's there) to see.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 105
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 7

• 2 weeks later...

Hey gang!

Happy New Year!

fyyU.gif

Fill out every field.

Enable every feature.

• Use all 5 tags.

• Add a FAQ section.

• Enable packages.

• Enable subscriptions.

• Create a studio.

That's all for now. 

BUT

Frank D.

Thanks for your tips Frank. I've tried all features and fulfilled every corner of my profile and gig. Got my first order the day before yesterday. But now I'm not getting any orders again. It's so depressing 😭

• Like 113
  • Sad 4
  • Congrats! 6
  • Thanks 1