Don't give them free samples

allegra998

Recently I found a lot of people pretending to be buyers samples, actually they are middlemen, they take your idea to sell to others, so everyone don't be fooled by them, especially the type of images, don't believe it, should be only after they place the order to them, can not satisfied with a refund, so you know if they are real buyers, they say even the god but false.

Happens a lot on here.  My niche is voice overs and I had one guy trying to get me to "demo" the entire 2-page script.  Yeah, right.  No chance that is happening.  Watch out for scammers.  I would go so far as to say, if you are certain someone is a scammer, you have an obligation to report them.  This is our community and we need to work to keep it safe and profitable. 

It works with many new sellers who are desperate to get orders. And it's very sad.

Sometimes I get requests like this "Please do a sample, I will check quality".  I always reply - we can make a short 5 dollar order so you will be able to check quality. 

Obviously, many of them, after refusing to work for free, simply disappear 😄

On 12/29/2021 at 5:41 PM, cs_evans said:

Happens a lot on here.  My niche is voice overs and I had one guy trying to get me to "demo" the entire 2-page script.  Yeah, right.  No chance that is happening.  Watch out for scammers.  I would go so far as to say, if you are certain someone is a scammer, you have an obligation to report them.  This is our community and we need to work to keep it safe and profitable. 

I send them the following quick response:

Thanks for contacting me. I would be happy to work with you, however, because of the volume of work we do, we unfortunately aren't able to provide custom samples.

You should easily find the delivery style you prefer by checking the samples on my YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NewsMikeVO

Or my Fiverr portfolio:

https://www.fiverr.com/users/newsmike/portfolio

Otherwise, you could select 25 words from your script and order a test gig for $25.

Thanks,

Mike

Archived