Advice from a businessperson

cs_evans

• 2 weeks later...

You've forgotten one other basic point @cs_evans. All your (valid) points mean nothing if a seller is not able to converse with a customer in basic English (using a reputable translator app if necessary). If the quality of many forum members' posts is anything to go by - this simple prerequisite seems an insurmountable hurdle to get over. :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 40
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

On 12/26/2021 at 2:30 PM, cs_evans said:

You must be willing to fail.

Lol! Amen to that!

Isn't there a quote that says, "The road to success is paved with many failures." (Or something like that).

On 12/26/2021 at 2:30 PM, cs_evans said:

everything I say is from the standpoint of a middle-aged, white American male, who began life in poverty

Everyone had been stereotyped at some point in their life. As an Asian female, I've experienced different challenges from you.

I was a seven year old in a new country, that stuttered and didn't speak English. It was a difficult childhood.

Somewhere along the line, enlisted in the military, went to college, and learned business acquisition.

As in any million dollars acquisition, it's not the price but the quality of your work (& reputation) that will determine your future. If you have high price, you better have the ability to deliver high quality.

In business acquisition, low bidders are immediately eliminated. There is no sense in spending time and money on a contractor that obviously has no clue what the project entails. If they did, they wouldn't be bidding so low. 😃

• Like 33

On 12/26/2021 at 8:30 PM, cs_evans said:

Most of the time they are approaching me from their point of view and do not ask any questions regarding why I want or need.

I was talking to someone about this. You do not use the same sles approach for everyone. 

Edited by barrisam
  • Like 26