Suggestion: Please deactivate comment function in "News" category

miiila

It's a bit tedious, when you want to check for actual " News - All the newest and greatest Fiverr news and announcements"

and have to constantly trawl through all topics, because the top ones in the list are like from September 2020, and all comments are "great info" or such.

I'd suggest to

deactivate the comment function in the News category itself,

post a copy of the news announcement to "General Discussion",

and add a link to that post at the bottom of the original "News" post, so people can discuss, or express their feelings of gratitude there,

while the News will be kept in order of newest first in the "News" section, and everyone can see at a glance if there are actual news since they checked last.

• Like 25
  • Up 10
  • Thanks 2

On 12/29/2021 at 12:53 PM, imagination7413 said:

and/or after a week has passed with no activity

That won't work for the topics in the News category. Those who have nothing to say go to topics there to say "thank you for your useful information" until they fill up their daily quota.

• Like 12

As a temporary fix, visit mjensens profile every day for the latest news on Fiverr 🤘 alternatively you can update your notification settings as well.. I.e following members and choosing to receive notifications every time they make a post.. 

IMG_20220102_035859.thumb.jpg.e87e4660b422d4d8420f243422314098.jpg

Edited by surajkartha
Oops
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, surajkartha said:

I.e following members and choosing to receive notifications every time they make a post.

I don't want to see every time a post is made, just when a new topic is made.

I miss this from the old forum. The level of customization for notifications was great. The new forum is pretty, but it's very all-or-none, with little-to-no in-between.

• Like 11
  • Sad 2