Tips for Sellers, Tips for Buyers, Fiverr FAQ

theratypist

Can these categories be only accessible for posting to people who actually have useful TIPS to share in the first place... or at least everything that goes there go directly into moderation (or something even automated that at least filters it out to not make it look like what it is now)?

I miss those top pins on categories (or am I missing something and they are still indeed here) where you can access those useful posts easily. A lot of the questions that goes into tips for sellers are people looking for tips or answers to their questions. Fiverr FAQ has literally become a place for repeated questions and the search bar has not been utilized. New sellers are coming in here looking for tips right away when they could have accessed and read those wonderful posts others have posted a while back before asking for more tips. Or heck, maybe even if top useful posts would be pinned, people would still disregard it and go on and on and ask the same old questions that was answered 1000x already.

On 7/5/2021 at 1:22 PM, theratypist said:

or at least everything that goes there go directly into moderation (or something even automated that at least filters it out to not make it look like what it is now)

It's exactly what I was thinking. Perhaps sharing only tips from reliable people would turn these categories more like a blog than a forum and make users refrain to share brand new useful tips.

We could avoid this issue moderating replies in some way. 

2 minutes ago, alphagev said:

It's exactly what I was thinking. Perhaps sharing only tips from reliable people would turn these categories more like a blog than a forum and make users refrain to share brand new useful tips.

Good point! It's always nice to welcome new tips and tricks from anyone as long as it's helpful and relevant. Sadly, right now it's generally filled with a lot of questions and the good posts have already been buried. A lot of questions there are repetitive on how to write buyer requests, how to get an order, etc and a lot of replies are suggestions that are not that helpful. I know a lot of good posts way back when that discussed these points well and it would have been easily located had it been pinned. And once it does get pinned at least we can easily locate and link back to it when people ask in other categories how to improve etc. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It's a bit tedious, when you want to check for actual " News - All the newest and greatest Fiverr news and announcements"

and have to constantly trawl through all topics, because the top ones in the list are like from September 2020, and all comments are "great info" or such.

I'd suggest to

deactivate the comment function in the News category itself,

post a copy of the news announcement to "General Discussion",

and add a link to that post at the bottom of the original "News" post, so people can discuss, or express their feelings of gratitude there,

while the News will be kept in order of newest first in the "News" section, and everyone can see at a glance if there are actual news since they checked last.

On 12/29/2021 at 12:53 PM, imagination7413 said:

and/or after a week has passed with no activity

That won't work for the topics in the News category. Those who have nothing to say go to topics there to say "thank you for your useful information" until they fill up their daily quota.

1 hour ago, surajkartha said:

I.e following members and choosing to receive notifications every time they make a post.

I don't want to see every time a post is made, just when a new topic is made.

I miss this from the old forum. The level of customization for notifications was great. The new forum is pretty, but it's very all-or-none, with little-to-no in-between.

Archived