Jump to content

Some important discussions for buyers


sibberahmed
 Share

Recommended Posts

What I am going to discuss today is really very important. We see that there are many buyers in Fiverr who want to see an example of a seller's portfolio or any previous work when they come to work.

I think shouldn't want to look at previous work experience and portfolios from new sellers.

If you want to get service from old sellers, you must see it from them.
 
New sellers on Fiverr shouldn't want this because I think they've just come to Fiverr.

There is nothing like showing their portfolio or previous work skills but I think they know how to do the job well.

Those salespeople should be given a little chance because if your work is not 100% complete you have a chance to get your money back. Thanks

  • Like 20
  • Sad 2
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/25/2021 at 5:34 PM, sibberahmed said:

If you want to get service from old sellers, you must see it from them.

WRONG! 
Why would someone put their money on the line if seller couldn’t even create samples for their own gig??? 
 

If you didn’t work on real protect with customers then new sellers can easily invent their own and create samples of what they can do. That’s how most of portfolios are created, you come up with your own task, you practice, you create a sample, you perfect it etc. 
If you didn’t practice even just for yourself then there is no reasons for buyers to trust those new seller who put zero effort. 

  • Like 17
  • Confused 1
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

By the time I started writing on here (YEARS before I became a fulltime freelancer) I'd written over 150 fanfictions on several sites and had...a LOT of people read my stuff. (not saying I'm proud of that era,  but my point is that if you claim to be good at what you do...you have to have SOME sort of a portfolio.) 

There is a huge difference between thinking you'd be good at something and wanting to sell it or being actually decent at something. I can completely understand why buyers ask for samples.

Fiverr isn't really a place for complete newcomers. 

(just as a note, cancellations are quite bad to the seller's profile... so I'm not sure we should be encouraging buyers to order from new sellers because they can just cancel the order anytime...)

  • Like 12
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/25/2021 at 4:34 AM, sibberahmed said:

I think shouldn't want to look at previous work experience and portfolios from new sellers.

You are joking, right?  

Regardless of level, a seller should have a portfolio.  There is zero chance I would buy from anyone, anywhere, who could not show me samples of their work.

And if someone does not have enough experience to have a portfolio to share, they should not be trying to sell.

  • Like 10
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I'm being completely honest, if you're an artist that draws uhm... wine bottles? IDK, but if you draw wine bottles, I don't care, if you have drawings of polar bears in your portfolio as long as it's YOUR style and it's what my ordered wine bottles will LOOK like. I can completely understand that it's not easy to spend hours (in some cases) on your portfolio and feel like it's a waste of time, but there should at least be SOMETHING for the buyer to go on, so he/she doesn't feel like they wasted their time at the end of it all.

  • Like 7
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

NO WAY!!!!
How could someone pay for a service without knowing what to expect? Regardless of level, each seller must have a set of samples or portfolio to present to a client upon request. Not just in Fiverr, this applies to the real world as well. No one in the right mind will hire someone who cannot provide a set of samples of their previous work.

If you don't have any, that's an investment you need to make (especially as a new seller) in order to prove your skills to a client. 

It's true that you can get your money back, But can you get the time you've wasted on them back?

Edited by creative_howl
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/25/2021 at 9:34 AM, sibberahmed said:

I think shouldn't want to look at previous work experience and portfolios from new sellers.

Incredibly bad take. Why would anyone trust someone with nothing to show?

 

On 12/25/2021 at 9:34 AM, sibberahmed said:

but I think they know how to do the job well.

Ah, you think?  Why do you think that?

Repeat after me - Fiverr is not a place for people with no skills and nothing to prove their skills. Either you have the skills to do your job and the work to prove it, or you're not doing anything here. A new seller can have a strong portfolio. When I created my account here, I had already worked in video in the past, so I already had a portfolio to show. That's why I got clients and was able to grow my account quickly.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/25/2021 at 10:34 AM, sibberahmed said:

What I am going to discuss today is really very important. We see that there are many buyers in Fiverr who want to see an example of a seller's portfolio or any previous work when they come to work.

I think shouldn't want to look at previous work experience and portfolios from new sellers.

If you want to get service from old sellers, you must see it from them.
 
New sellers on Fiverr shouldn't want this because I think they've just come to Fiverr.

There is nothing like showing their portfolio or previous work skills but I think they know how to do the job well.

Those salespeople should be given a little chance because if your work is not 100% complete you have a chance to get your money back. Thanks

Please buyers don't listen to this man, ask them for a portfolio and if you don't like their work don't order it ends up cancelation.

Edited by az_design1
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh no! I am not agree with you bro. Because new seller doesn't mean new designer. There are many new seller in fiverr those are not new designer. I am a senior designer and have been working 7+years in LOGO DESIGN AND BRANDING. I have done many project from another marketplace. You guys are welcome to my gig to see my design portfolio although here only you can see 20 or 30 designs in all gigs. But I am new at fiverr. So, don't think all new seller are new designer. I hope you understand. Best of luck.

  • Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Hello, 

I am Micheal and I have been making drawings on my best laptop for drawing 2022 that helps me a great deal in making these drawings. I am a member of Fiverr community for a very long time. But nowadays, my account is not getting enough sales as the previous customers are not willing to buy my services again as they want to bargain. So, I think you must revisit your previous co-workers so that they tend to provide you better results. However, you are free to choose anyone for doing your work.

Thank you!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, michealchung said:

Hello, 

I am Micheal and I have been making drawings on my best laptop for drawing 2022 that helps me a great deal in making these drawings. I am a member of Fiverr community for a very long time. But nowadays, my account is not getting enough sales as the previous customers are not willing to buy my services again as they want to bargain. So, I think you must revisit your previous co-workers so that they tend to provide you better results. However, you are free to choose anyone for doing your work.

Thank you!

Thanks Micheal

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...