What happens if I send a message to a person that is unavailable?

overzealouz

Question

So I was interested in a commission and sent two message to this person, both of them dissapeared, with one saying "Unable to send a your message".
Just wondering if it is that I can't message them while they are unavailable, or did I just send the same question twice which they will see when the come back?

8 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

What was the message you sent? Many Sellers will block profiles that contact them with no introduction or clear interest in purchasing their service, due to the high amount of spam they receive.

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360050062693-Tips-to-submit-an-effective-Buyer-Request?segment=buyer

Well I think if I remember correctly, I saw the In the meantime, you can contact *******, so I decided to send a message, went something by the likes of; 
"Hello!
I apologize for messaging you while you are unavailable,
But I enjoyed your art stlye and would like to commission a drawing, but I would like to ask some questions first"
Pretty much how I wrote it.

3 minutes ago, overzealouz said:

Well I think if I remember correctly, I saw the In the meantime, you can contact *******, so I decided to send a message, went something by the likes of; 
"Hello!
I apologize for messaging you while you are unavailable,
But I enjoyed your art stlye and would like to commission a drawing, but I would like to ask some questions first"
Pretty much how I wrote it.

Looks like they've clearly mis-read your message and blocked you for no reason.
When they saw "commission a drawing" they must've thought that you're a seller that's asking to do their work for them on a commission basis. 🤣

2 minutes ago, creative_howl said:

Looks like they've clearly mis-read your message and blocked you for no reason.
When they saw "commission a drawing" they must've thought that you're a seller that's asking to do their work for them on a commission basis. 🤣

Oh lord gracious, I hope I didn't do anything wrong, as you can see, English isn't really my first language.
Oh well, hopefully it's just because that the person is unavailable, and not because I did a major mistake.

1 hour ago, overzealouz said:

I can't message them while they are unavailable

OH! You mean it stated on their profile "This seller is unavailable" and then gave a date? If that's the case, then you're guess is correct. The seller probably has their profile set to 'vacation mode', during which it's currently not possible to message them. Sellers are encouraged to do this if they plan to be away for awhile, because we're 'graded' on how fast we respond to messages. Plus, most people on vacation don't like being interrupted by work.

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/4407814712209-Holiday-season-Best-practices-?segment=seller

1 hour ago, imagination7413 said:

OH! You mean it stated on their profile "This seller is unavailable" and then gave a date? If that's the case, then you're guess is correct. The seller probably has their profile set to 'vacation mode', during which it's currently not possible to message them. Sellers are encouraged to do this if they plan to be away for awhile, because we're 'graded' on how fast we respond to messages. Plus, most people on vacation don't like being interrupted by work.

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/4407814712209-Holiday-season-Best-practices-?segment=seller

Yes! It was the one with it saying the seller is unavailable, and gave a date.
Phew, well was frightened there for a moment that I was blocked from a talanted artist.

Thank you for the answer Imagination7413!
Though, if you don't mind me asking, will they recive the messages automaticly when they come back? Or are they permanenty gone and I'll just send one when they are back?

2 minutes ago, overzealouz said:

Yes! It was the one with it saying the seller is unavailable, and gave a date.
Phew, well was frightened there for a moment that I was blocked from a talanted artist.

Thank you for the answer Imagination7413!
Though, if you don't mind me asking, will they recive the messages automaticly when they come back? Or are they permanenty gone and I'll just send one when they are back?

Actually, I just remembered that I hade already gotten the answer.
In any case, Thanks again Imagination7413, you really helped a lot!

Archived