Promoted gig becomes ineligble for promotion when buyers don't leave me a review. HELP!

jamesmajin

Hi everyone,

Apologies in advance for the long post!

I have had a successful gig for over a year and a half now. For the past year, my gig has been 'promoted' on a permanent basis which helps generate a large proportion of my sales.

In september however, something changed within Fiverr and the promoted gig 'algorithm' which means my gig keeps flicking between being eligible for promotion and not being eligible every few days/week or so. Unfortunately, in the last few weeks, it has not been eligible for promotion at all.

Initially, I thought this was because i received a large order cancellation (1 $66 order that was cancelled before I even started, due to a buyer error), however since that cancellation in august (4 months ago!), I haven't had any more cancellations. 

It isn't because of my review score either, because i have had nothing but 5* reviews since august (and have been a 5* rated seller since i began on fiverr back in 2020).

I have spoken to fiverr support numerous times since august, but they keep just telling me that promoted gigs is a beta feature and that if i keep up the good work, my gig will become eligible again. As i say, since august I have had nothing but 5* reviews and no cancellations. What more can i do?!

Eventually though, I worked out the cause of the problem. My gig seems to become ineligible when buyers DON'T leave me a review at all. This is something that has changed in the fiverr backend because, since I started on Fiverr, I haven't always got reviews from buyers (despite always politely asking). My 'reviewed' rate is at 77% and i'm not sure what else I can do to increase this (like i say, I always ask buyers to leave a review).

I don't see why my gig should therefore be 'punished' and be made ineligible because i don't get left reviews?

Does anyone else have this issue? I have asked fiverr support to escalate to their dev team however nothing has changed for me yet. Currently it is killing my gig/income because i am reliant on getting a handful of orders from my repeat customers (who also don't always leave reviews) so it is very hard for me to get the gig eligible for promotion again.

Please help!

Thanks all 🙂