TOS updates? Are we really allowed to create multiple gigs that offer the same service?

carineb

Question

Hello,

I just got a reply from customer service who wrote me:
On our platform, it's allowed for one Seller to create multiple gigs that offer the same service. However, it wouldn't be allowed to copy another user's Gig, or to make multiple accounts to sell.

I remember several sellers had some of their Gig's removed because they offered 2 or 3 similar gigs.

I can't believe this is allowed!!! Is there really a change in TOS?

2 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, carineb said:

I remember several sellers had some of their Gig's removed because they offered 2 or 3 similar gigs.

Did they reuse the exact same images, video, or text? Similar gigs is not a violation of ToS, but duplicate gigs are.

6 minutes ago, carineb said:

Is there really a change in TOS?

I don't believe this is a new change to the ToS. This condition has been in place for at least as long as I've been actively selling.

All 4 descriptions are 100% identical ! He copied and pasted his own description on all 4 gigs.  There is only one description where he used bold text while the other 3 do not have bold text.

3 pictures are identical. He only put a few more words on the other image.

This means that he created the same gig 4 times. Imagine if everyone starts creating the same gig 10 or 20 times (and why not 100 times?)! What a mess...

Archived