All I want is...

zeus777

So since I'm seeing so many spammy posts here a lot again lately, lemme post this random conversation I had with a coworker.
It has nothing to do with Fiverr BTW.

Christmas is around the corner and when you go inside a store, cafe, restaurant, or turn on the TV you hear the song All I Want For Christmas is You by Mariah Carey a lot. It's not my favorite Chrsitmas song (I'm more of a 80's Wham! kid and prefer classics like Nat King Cole) but it is happy and catchy, and I don't mind hearing it at all.

So the song basically goes like "I don't need much, I don't need presents, it doesn't have to snow or anything, all I want is you to be with me for Christmas"
OK, that's mighty sweet.
My coworker asked me how I felt about this song, so I told him that I think the song is perfectly fine and I can see why it is popular.
Now I COULD have stopped here but being the idiot I am, I went on and said something like "Still, I bet this gal is gonna be quiiiiiite upset IF the dude really got her nothing saying stuff like oh but honey~~ I thought you said you didn't need anything~~~and the gal's gonna go like I KNOW BUT HOW DARE YOU ACTUALLY SHOW UP EMPTY HANDED!!"
.....and we both burst out laughing.

So the conversation went on, and we started discussing if that was the case, which one is worse, the girl getting upset when she actually DID say that she didn't need anything, or the dude who decided not to get her anything on Christmas just because she said so?

We went back and forth, and we thought that he could at least get her something (unless he was broke for whatever reason), it didn't have to be anything expensive as long as it expressed his love towards her in some shape or form.

And yeah, in the end we both agreed that if the girl had actually said she didn't need anything, she'd better stick to it.
After all the dude just "respected" her wishes. 😛

I know I know, this isn't a very "Christmassy" conversation.

21 minutes ago, zeus777 said:

So since I'm seeing so many spammy posts here a lot again lately, lemme post this random conversation I had with a coworker.
It has nothing to do with Fiverr BTW.

Christmas is around the corner and when you go inside a store, cafe, restaurant, or turn on the TV you hear the song All I Want For Christmas is You by Mariah Carey a lot. It's not my favorite Chrsitmas song (I'm more of a 80's Wham! kid and prefer classics like Nat King Cole) but it is happy and catchy, and I don't mind hearing it at all.

So the song basically goes like "I don't need much, I don't need presents, it doesn't have to snow or anything, all I want is you to be with me for Christmas"
OK, that's mighty sweet.
My coworker asked me how I felt about this song, so I told him that I think the song is perfectly fine and I can see why it is popular.
Now I COULD have stopped here but being the idiot I am, I went on and said something like "Still, I bet this gal is gonna be quiiiiiite upset IF the dude really got her nothing saying stuff like oh but honey~~ I thought you said you didn't need anything~~~and the gal's gonna go like I KNOW BUT HOW DARE YOU ACTUALLY SHOW UP EMPTY HANDED!!"
.....and we both burst out laughing.

So the conversation went on, and we started discussing if that was the case, which one is worse, the girl getting upset when she actually DID say that she didn't need anything, or the dude who decided not to get her anything on Christmas just because she said so?

We went back and forth, and we thought that he could at least get her something (unless he was broke for whatever reason), it didn't have to be anything expensive as long as it expressed his love towards her in some shape or form.

And yeah, in the end we both agreed that if the girl had actually said she didn't need anything, she'd better stick to it.
After all the dude just "respected" her wishes. 😛

I know I know, this isn't a very "Christmassy" conversation.

Honestly, I feel like she SHOULDN'T get anything after that song going viral, I mean, it would just be hypocritical for her to want something now. Oh and here's a random meme related to this song which I find funny:

image.png.6e3d7b163bbfcec18e76ec78ec238a24.png

I'm of the opinion that if someone says they don't want something, you don't get them something. The whole 'I know I said it, but if they really loved me they would have bought something anyway!' is some kind of weird mind game.

That being said... my mother tells my sisters and I not to get her anything for Christmas every year. I'm the only one that complies with that request. She does end up with a package from Santa every year, but that's between her and Santa. 😉

(I'm not a fan of the song. Overplayed!)

1 hour ago, melanielm said:

'I know I said it, but if they really loved me they would have bought something anyway!'

GOOOOOOOOOOSH I do not like people who say stuff like that.
If you want something just be honest and say so, and if you don't need anything say that and stick to it.
If I tell people I don't need anything, I mean it. BUT if someone STILL got something for me I will also say "Awwe, you didn't have to!" and yes,
I mean it. I'm still happy though!! 😆😆😆

Well there's 8 more days till Christmas...I'm sure I'll be hearing that song at least 786 times.

Archived