Can Freelancing be a CAREER???

iamattique

One of the most of questions I come across is CAN FREELANCING BE A CAREER?

The answer is YES! But, certainly there are conditions that need to be followed properly. Your must:

~ Deliver projects efficiently and try to get a positive review

~ Answer all the questions asked - before and after the delivery of project

~ Offer them longer term relationship by adding membership plans

~ Overdeliver, this term will always keep you business

Regards

• Like 61
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 4

• 5 months later...
Guest servesmith

Opting Freelancing as a CAREER is one of the big decisions in your life. Especially for the one's who did jobs earlier in their careers. If you have decided to choose freelancing as a career then you should learn "FINANCIAL LITERACY" and "FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT" as in freelancing you are not always earing same amount of money every month so a freelancer should be well aware of his/her monthly fixed and parasitic expenses. Then to invest the surplus money in a fruitful project.

Then, another important factor as per my opinion is to Invest on your self. By purchasing new courses and learning new skills most often to boost yourself up as per the situation.

8 hours ago, iamattique said:

I hope you guys can share more useful information for us.

We have already done so. Our advice can be found all over the forum. If you want "useful information", please read what we've already shared. 😉

• Like 6
  • Up 4

A big YES!

Freelancing can be your career if you want it to be or it can be your time pass just to earn pocket money. 

Mostly people are doing freelancing just to collect a side income. But, In my case, freelancing is my passion. I want to continue my career as a freelancer because I solely devote my full time to this field. It can benefit me with multiple ways just like, I'm working with my  clients who belongs to different businesses and various locations so I can learn about their ideas and it can be benefited for me in future.

Financial freedom is the thing everyone need and you can achieve it when you start your career as a full time freelancer. 

• Like 5
  • Up 3

15 hours ago, servesmith said:

Opting Freelancing as a CAREER is one of the big decisions in your life. Especially for the one's who did jobs earlier in their careers. If you have decided to choose freelancing as a career then you should learn "FINANCIAL LITERACY" and "FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT" as in freelancing you are not always earing same amount of money every month so a freelancer should be well aware of his/her monthly fixed and parasitic expenses. Then to invest the surplus money in a fruitful project.

Then, another important factor as per my opinion is to Invest on your self. By purchasing new courses and learning new skills most often to boost yourself up as per the situation.

It is exactly the hidden reality behind every freelancer. Finance management is the biggest thing when it comes to adopt Freelancing as a Career. VERY GOOD POINT. And I agree on the point of investing surplus somewhere else to keep the clock ticking.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

7 hours ago, jonbaas said:

We have already done so. Our advice can be found all over the forum. If you want "useful information", please read what we've already shared. 😉

Sure sir! I will be digging deep into the information you shared. Thank you very much.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

7 hours ago, workinghub28 said:

A big YES!

Freelancing can be your career if you want it to be or it can be your time pass just to earn pocket money. 

Mostly people are doing freelancing just to collect a side income. But, In my case, freelancing is my passion. I want to continue my career as a freelancer because I solely devote my full time to this field. It can benefit me with multiple ways just like, I'm working with my  clients who belongs to different businesses and various locations so I can learn about their ideas and it can be benefited for me in future.

Financial freedom is the thing everyone need and you can achieve it when you start your career as a full time freelancer. 

A grand salute to the innovative thinking sir. Financial Freedom, that is what we like to have in our lives and freelancing is full of excitements and knowledge.

• Like 6
  • Up 2

Yes and no.

Freelancing (for me) is a way of working. I'm not a FREELANCER, I'm a writer/narrative designer. You can be a freelance anything: a hairdresser, sailor (for all I know), etc. (I was going to bring up a pretty dark example here, but I'll refrain from it.) Freelancing isn't really 'a' thing. It's just a way of doing one (or 10300201201 things.) 

If the question is whether you can live off freelancing (as in, having that as your mean income/etc.), of course the answer will be yes. Thousands (if not more) people do it. But at least for me, 'freelancing' isn't really my 'passion' or 'carreer', it's just the way I earn a living. My passion lies in writing (and video games.) 

• Like 4
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, katakatica said:

Yes and no.

Freelancing (for me) is a way of working. I'm not a FREELANCER, I'm a writer/narrative designer. You can be a freelance anything: a hairdresser, sailor (for all I know), etc. (I was going to bring up a pretty dark example here, but I'll refrain from it.) Freelancing isn't really 'a' thing. It's just a way of doing one (or 10300201201 things.) 

If the question is whether you can live off freelancing (as in, having that as your mean income/etc.), of course the answer will be yes. Thousands (if not more) people do it. But at least for me, 'freelancing' isn't really my 'passion' or 'carreer', it's just the way I earn a living. My passion lies in writing (and video games.) 

Another great school of thought came today. I love to read different aspects of same thing. That really reminds me of a great example; When a teacher asked students to draw what they see in front of them, and everyone drew based on their view. Everybody's perspective was different.

• Like 4
  • Congrats! 1