Jump to content

Help!!...one mistake and my profile has gone down the tubes


riazza
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

I've been on Fiverr as a seller for 6 months and started off with "Rising Talent" on a few of my services which was great. I had quite bit of traction on my profile i.e. profile views/clicks and then some orders. I completed all my orders (15) on time and all my stats were at 100%. All the reviews I received were 5 stars. This all happened in the first 4 months.

In mid October it was my sisters wedding and I was trying to manage my messages and orders as well as I could and I did pretty well considering how busy I was. 

I made one mistake and that was delivering a service 1 day late for which I got 3 stars.

Since then, I've had next to nothing in the last 2 months in terms of views/messages and no orders. I cant believe how much my profile has dropped due to one order being delivered one day late.

What steps can I take now start building some momentum?

Any ideas/tips would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

  • Like 3
  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, riazza said:

Hi All,

I've been on Fiverr as a seller for 6 months and started off with "Rising Talent" on a few of my services which was great. I had quite bit of traction on my profile i.e. profile views/clicks and then some orders. I completed all my orders (15) on time and all my stats were at 100%. All the reviews I received were 5 stars. This all happened in the first 4 months.

In mid October it was my sisters wedding and I was trying to manage my messages and orders as well as I could and I did pretty well considering how busy I was. 

I made one mistake and that was delivering a service 1 day late for which I got 3 stars.

Since then, I've had next to nothing in the last 2 months in terms of views/messages and no orders. I cant believe how much my profile has dropped due to one order being delivered one day late.

What steps can I take now start building some momentum?

Any ideas/tips would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Hey, it's been a great loss to you and I feel sad for that. Actually, fiverr is so tacky in this field. We are obliged to go on great services all the time. It will need some time for you to fix it. Many of us also suffering from 0 impression and 0 orders at this moment. So, till the algorithm boosts your profile again, I would suggest you to develop your skills and stay online. Another important thing is share your gigs and try to engage more people with your gigs. The more clicks and impression maybe of help. And one more thing ask your previous buyers (of course if you develop a good connection) if they have some works for you, you can do that. 

Hope to see your bright gig again.

All the best.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, tanzzzafrin said:

and stay online

No, it will not help you get more orders, stop spreading misinformation.

23 hours ago, tanzzzafrin said:

And one more thing ask your previous buyers (of course if you develop a good connection) if they have some works for you, you can do that. 

This is considered spam and you should definitely avoid doing that. It's not a good way to develop a long-lasting relationship with your clients.

On 12/13/2021 at 3:44 AM, riazza said:

I made one mistake and that was delivering a service 1 day late for which I got 3 stars.

Since then, I've had next to nothing in the last 2 months in terms of views/messages and no orders. I cant believe how much my profile has dropped due to one order being delivered one day late.

It's certainly not an ideal situation as this review was left on your most expensive gig. I know this feeling of not wanting to take time off and trying keep up the momentum on your profile even when you're on vacation or travelling. But sometimes you just have to do it and take time for yourself. There's an "availability" feature on your profile that let's you do that. Click on your picture thumbnail on the top right of the page and click on "profile". Below your statistics you'll find an option to set your availability.

1910127422_Screenshot2021-12-14152041.jpg.274fb22d98370273b8ad1abec0967f38.jpg

For now, I would suggest doing a thorough market research and use the insights to update your gigs. I would lower my prices and polish my gigs until I would gather enough trust and momentum to be able to offer these services for a higher price.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/13/2021 at 1:48 PM, tanzzzafrin said:

Hey, it's been a great loss to you and I feel sad for that. Actually, fiverr is so tacky in this field. We are obliged to go on great services all the time. It will need some time for you to fix it. Many of us also suffering from 0 impression and 0 orders at this moment. So, till the algorithm boosts your profile again, I would suggest you to develop your skills and stay online. Another important thing is share your gigs and try to engage more people with your gigs. The more clicks and impression maybe of help. And one more thing ask your previous buyers (of course if you develop a good connection) if they have some works for you, you can do that. 

Hope to see your bright gig again.

All the best.

Thank you for the comments and support

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, gajuseidi said:

No, it will not help you get more orders, stop spreading misinformation.

This is considered spam and you should definitely avoid doing that. It's not a good way to develop a long-lasting relationship with your clients.

It's certainly not an ideal situation as this review was left on your most expensive gig. I know this feeling of not wanting to take time off and trying keep up the momentum on your profile even when you're on vacation or travelling. But sometimes you just have to do it and take time for yourself. There's an "availability" feature on your profile that let's you do that. Click on your picture thumbnail on the top right of the page and click on "profile". Below your statistics you'll find an option to set your availability.

1910127422_Screenshot2021-12-14152041.jpg.274fb22d98370273b8ad1abec0967f38.jpg

For now, I would suggest doing a thorough market research and use the insights to update your gigs. I would lower my prices and polish my gigs until I would gather enough trust and momentum to be able to offer these services for a higher price.

Thanks for the comments. I have tinkered with my gig and prices and thats a good shout. Will keep an eye on that.

I am, however, wondering if contacting my existing customers is considered spam? I mean they left positive comments and 5 star reviews, Its also reasonable to assume that business owners can be busy and bringing yourself to their attention, can that really be a bad idea? After all its not a cold outreach as they existing customers.

Thanks

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, riazza said:


I am, however, wondering if contacting my existing customers is considered spam?

 Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions or anything which is not directly related to their Gigs or orders.

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page under Violations. (Phishing and Spam)

  • Like 3
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/14/2021 at 11:13 PM, riazza said:

I am, however, wondering if contacting my existing customers is considered spam?

Yes, unless they explicitly told you to contact them.

If you contact them now, all it takes is one of them reporting you for spam and you'll get an account warning.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/15/2021 at 5:36 PM, lloydsolutions said:

 Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions or anything which is not directly related to their Gigs or orders.

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page under Violations. (Phishing and Spam)

So without writing war and peace within this topic. Any existing customers I have contacted said they were looking for extra work further down the line. As stated originally it was never a cold outreach 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, catwriter said:

Yes, unless they explicitly told you to contact them.

If you contact them now, all it takes is one of them reporting you for spam and you'll get an account warning.

Point taken

So without writing war and peace within this topic. Any existing customers I have contacted said they were looking for extra work further down the line. As stated originally it was never a cold outreach which I agree is not right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/15/2021 at 7:24 PM, lloydsolutions said:

 

 

The above can only be seen as spamming the forum.

Posting on the forum does not benefit your Fiverr account in any way.

How can ''Any ideas/tips would be appreciated." be seen as spamming this forum when it's says on this forum when on the main page it says post here for getting tips on here as a 'Seller' ?

Based on that i'm just thanking people in advance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, riazza said:

How can ''Any ideas/tips would be appreciated." be seen as spamming this forum when it's says on this forum when on the main page it says post here for getting tips on here as a 'Seller' ?

Based on that i'm just thanking people in advance

If you read the post carefully you will see that the replies to which I was referring were from others who replied to your original question.

Your original question was quoted for clarity in relation to the replies which had no relevance.

This was not directed at you.

Edited by lloydsolutions
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, lloydsolutions said:

If you read the post carefully you will see that the replies to which I was referring were from others who replied to your original question.

Your original question was quoted for clarity in relation to the replies which had no relevance.

This was not directed at you.

You are right. apologies. It was late over here.

Thank you once again

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/15/2021 at 12:13 AM, riazza said:

I am, however, wondering if contacting my existing customers is considered spam?

As @lloydsolutions and @catwriter has mentioned above, it could lead to a warning or even account suspension. Contacting your existing customers might not be considered spam, but contacting them to ask for more work is definitely spam.

I have contacted a few of my regular clients before to ask how they're doing and how their projects are going. However, these were my regular clients that I have a good professional relationship with and my messages were all related to projects that I've done before or ongoing orders. For my first time clients I always let them know that they can contact me if they need my help in the future. I write them right after the delivery and this message is a part of their order. Messaging them after that does not seem like a good idea. If they need additional work and they liked your service, they will place another order, there's no need to nag them.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...