Which of the 4 metrics are the most important in the repeat buyer score?

kholland65

Question

So since they introduced the repeat business score, I've been sitting between 91-94 and just cannot get above 95. I've noticed, that for obvious reasons, because it's a relative score, favors those who have been on the platform the longest and have built up the longest client list. I'm a TRS and it seems that all the TRS's that have the badge are people who have been on the platform for a year or more longer than me and I've been on here for about 4yrs. 

So I'm curious is through anyone else's experiences with this, they have any sort of clues as to which of the 4 metrics: Number of repeat buyers, Percentage of repeat buyers, earnings from repeat buyers, and percentage earnings from repeat buyers, are weighted more heavily into the algorithm that gives you the repeat business score. Give my experience outlined above, I suspect its based largely on earnings or the number of repeat buyers, rather than the percentages. 

2 answers to this question

Overall I would simply add, that this being a relative score is not a good idea, because it inherently benefits people who have been on the platform longer since the non-precentage based metrics (total repeat clients, total revenue from repeat clients) will benefit people who simply have amassed a large list of clients. I regularly have over 50% of clients as repeats, yet I can get over a 95 score to get the badge. This obviously makes no sense because doing over 50% repeat business is obviously a major accomplishment and shows that I'm doing a very high quality of work, but buyers don't know that. I would actually go as far as to say that I consistently have higher percentages of repeat buyers than the other top rated sellers who have the badge that have been on the platform for a few more years than I have. 

I don't mind the idea of the repeat business score/badge, but it should not be a relative score, because a relative score doesn't actually mean anything if you don't account for the volume different in work people do based on their level and time on the platform. An example would be suggesting that a million dollar company with a 50% repeat buyer rate is doing worse business than a billion dollar company who only has a 20% repeat buyer rate. One is simply on a different scale, but it doesn't say anything about the quality of the work or service so simply suggest the larger company is doing more repeat business on a sheer number of customers basis. Again, I just don't understand the logic in why they made this a repeat business score. It should be solely based on the percentage of repeat business that person has unrelated to anyone else. At the very least, the score should be based only on relative values/percentages rather than absolute numbers which don't tell you anything. 

Archived