Fiverr Business Profile - For Sellers......anyone else?? (Pic Attached)

elitedesignuk

Well, that’s one way to see it @danno1950

on the other hand, this is supposed to act as a “white glove” service for a higher end clientele.

So this is not about competition, or something amongst sellers.

But this is Fiverr actually betting on the sellers they picked to make a killer first impression and land/retain big clients.

Are all sellers who got the feature talented and great at what they do? You bet.

Are they all able to offer top tier service and a wonderful customer experience?

Highly unlikely.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know reading this thread makes me wonder about something. It's obvious that 5r is chasing after the big name clientele.

I am curious as to how much of their revenue comes from the biggies and how many from the small business/personal buyers? I feel like we're being left in the dust.

I've used this platform for many small purchases to include $5 orders and as high as several hundred dollars. I'm not a thousand dollar client and probably never will be. I bet there are many small business clients that use this platform to help grow.

16 minutes ago, gina_riley2 said:

I am curious as to how much of their revenue comes from the biggies and how many from the small business/personal buyers?

The shareholder letter contains a bunch of small clues:
- Fiverr made $74.3 million in the quarter (all sources, not just gig spend)).
- There were 4.3 million buyers active in the past 12 months.
- Repeat buyers generated 58% of the revenue.
- 62% of buyers spent more than $500.
- No buyer contributed more than 1% of the revenue.
- The average spend per buyer was $234.
https://s23.q4cdn.com/749308338/files/doc_financials/2021/q3/Q3_2021_Fiverr-Shareholder-Letter.pdf

1 hour ago, frank_d said:

So this is not about competition, or something amongst sellers.

I agree Frank, that this is about a white glove offering. My comment was in response to the person who thought offering the service to a wide range of sellers would kill the initiative - which I don't believe is true.

2 hours ago, moikchap said:

- 62% of buyers spent more than $500.
- The average spend per buyer was $234.

These 2 lines alone show why Fiverr must shed the $5 sweatshop mentality and chase the big buyers by offering top quality sellers, and initiating a serious pay to play barrier. The future is in that direction, not in the old "I will pop a balloon for $5 gigs. 

1 hour ago, danno1950 said:

My comment was in response to the person who thought offering the service to a wide range of sellers would kill the initiative - which I don't believe is true.

I believe you were addressing my comments, so I will respond. @frank_d first commented that he was seeing it being offered to a wider range of "sellers" than he expected. You then commented: 

2 hours ago, danno1950 said:

I don't see how offering this feature to a broad range of non-competing categories of sellers will kill the initiative.

You have switched the conversation from "sellers" to "categories of sellers."  

So to clarify, I believe @frank_d originally was saying that this unfortunately may be rolled out to sellers who are not as experienced, or vetted, and I responded that I believe that if this is rolled out to anyone other than TRS/PRO/Level2 with tons of great reviews, then it is useless. This is designed to drive buyers to only vetted, quality buyers.   

I am all for offering to a very diverse "category of sellers", but definitely in favor of purging the sellers who cannot bring top tier service.  They are two very different things. You could read the very extensive comments from @gina_riley2 as to how disappointing her experience has been, and she has been a power buyer here for a long time.  

2 hours ago, gina_riley2 said:

I am curious as to how much of their revenue comes from the biggies and how many from the small business/personal buyers? I feel like we're being left in the dust.

I believe this may be a symptom of the "anyone with a laptop can be an expert at anything" problem that Fiverr has right now. We all started as new sellers, offering $5, $10 gigs to get traction. But there is a real difference between someone new on the platform who will discount work until L2 to make a presence, and the hundreds of thousands of people swarming the site right now, spamming and scamming, trying to pickpocket a $5 bill.

Vetting and pay to play is the answer I believe.

29 minutes ago, newsmike said:

definitely in favor of purging the sellers who cannot bring top tier service

Thanks for the great clarification, @newsmike. Yes, I did switch from sellers to categories of sellers, which I understand now was not the intent of the original comments. Yes, I do agree that this initiative will only work only if it is offered to "TRS/Pro/Level 2 sellers with great reviews," but I never heard you actually say that. Your comment was only "And that's how they will kill it," which could lead to some misinterpretation. 

As @frank_dindicates, this is meant to be a white label offering that will connect buyers with sellers who can provide a top tier service, and wonderful customer experience. If that is maintained, it has a chance for success. But I've seen several of my sales categories flooded by sellers of questionable ability to bring top tier service. If that is how this service is developed, I definitely agree with you - it will kill it! Unfortunate!

8 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

But I've seen several of my sales categories flooded by sellers of questionable ability to bring top tier service.

Most especially from a specific location that we don't mention because "political correctness", but there have been posts where it has been alleged that in this "developing" country, the government is encouraging people to sign up, make a profile for whatever, and see what you can grab.  I guess, from their perspective, it's all taxable income, right?  The problem is that many buyers end up like a tourist with their wallet gone at the Rome train station. That's why I keep saying that Fiverr needs a fee, probably minimum $250 per month to sell on the platform.  

1 minute ago, fiveroptic1 said:

Surely that's a typo @newsmike:classic_unsure:

$250 per month is a ridiculously small amount to invest in your business.  The problem is that most don't consider what they do on Fiverr to be a business.  Open a store brick & mortar corner store and pay $5,000 rent before all other expenses.  The hobby mentality of Fiverr has to stop. 

22 minutes ago, fiveroptic1 said:

I take your point, but a great freelancer is not necessarily one that is full time - and that's a huge wodge of cash for someone who, yes, considers it a business, but does not invest 100% of their working day on it.   

Right,  Fiverr is at a crossroads. Does it offer vetted professionals running businesses, or enthusiastic hobbyists who will give your job a go for $5.

5 hours ago, newsmike said:

Right,  Fiverr is at a crossroads. Does it offer vetted professionals running businesses, or enthusiastic hobbyists who will give your job a go for $5.

I think this is a very insightful observation. I've questioned how much vetting is going on, even in the Pro category. It seems like the approval process hasn't been as rigorous as when Pros were introduced.

Also, it's going to be difficult for Fiverr to establish itself as a top tier business resource when the company name still reflects the early philosophy of "you can get anything for $5." 

57 minutes ago, leannelrivers said:

Now if the pending status thing can be fixed on the top clients that would be great.

Thanks for saying that - I thought it was just my top clients who were on "pending status" - CS said it could take a while, but it feels like it's just stopped.

Based on what I see currently in development by several teams on Fiverr, I think they are aiming to do the following:

-provide paying sellers with powerful tools and features

-capture and retain bigger and better Fiverr business buyers

There is definitely overlap between the two goals and they will need to tweak the “match making” quite a bit IMO.

So Fiverr right now has 4 tiers:

Free for buyers

Free for sellers

Monetized for buyers (Fiverr Business)

Monetized for sellers (Sellers Plus)

All 4 tiers need to co-exist and interact, and it gets even more complicated when you also take into account buyer levels (VID, Top Buyer) and seller levels (new, lvl 1/2, TRS) as well as Pro sellers who are essentially a different tier altogether, regardless of level.

So it’s easy for one to see the fragmentation I talked about before, and how the gap between paying and freemium tiers needs to grow for any of the above to make sense.

14 hours ago, danno1950 said:

If you go to the business profile, and click on "edit," it will take you to your regular profile, where you do the actual editing. Under your profile picture are previews for your regular profile and the business profile.

I asked my Customer Success Manager about resources to set up the banner, and was told:

I'm guessing anyone who is well versed in banner design for

Thank you, I had done that right away, took note of the banner size, and made a banner to my liking (leaving ample white space left and right, from my experience with what happens to Gig images not just on desktop vs phone but also in different spots they appear on desktop) which I uploaded. I like it very much as it is. I can see my profile preview fine ("This is your Profile preview. ").

What I'd like to know is if *my* preview is exactly what business buyers will see, and, most of all, what happens when they check it out *on their mobile devices vs on desktop*, so I'd know if it that "safe space" is even smaller and my text or image may be cut off, as is also an issue for gig images (but comparatively easy to test out on your own for those).
I couldn't see an option for a preview for how it looks from business buyers' side (might be different from what I myself can see, being no business buyer), and especially on mobile devices (when I edit my own websites, for example, I get previews of how it will look on desktop vs tablet vs phone, so I can tweak accordingly).

That banner is so wide that depending on whether it's scaled down or just a part being shown (as for example happens in some squarespace templates), text/image might not make much sense, or even look downright bad, as text might not be readable on mobile and both text and images more often than not might look somewhat silly. A preview for mobile devices would be great to know to see if you can, for example, use two or three lines of text, or if only one line and one word in the biggest font size would be readable at all. And if just a part is being shown, it would be good to know which. 

Infos/previews like that would help us (or the designers we might hire) to make the best banner possible for all commonly used devices. 

Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my post, and thank you for asking in any case, that was really nice. 

12 hours ago, gina_riley2 said:

You know reading this thread makes me wonder about something. It's obvious that 5r is chasing after the big name clientele.

I've used this platform for many small purchases to include $5 orders and as high as several hundred dollars. I'm not a thousand dollar client and probably never will be. I bet there are many small business clients that use this platform to help grow.

I wouldn't worry about that, Gina. It may well be the case that they have to "chase after" the big name clientele, because the small ones come on their own. But I'm pretty sure that plenty of their revenue comes from "small" clients, and that they just want to appeal to all of them. Traditionally, they had more small and medium clients already, so it makes sense for them to add things to make it more attractive for the big ones too now. That doesn't mean they plan to become inaccessible to small customers and turn their back on their past, in my eyes. Trying to offer the best of both worlds makes sense. It's a poor comparison, but I think most authors would prefer to be able to have their work accessible and attractively presented to anyone who might want to read it as well, not just to a certain group of people. 

Personally, I love to work with small clients, with small business owners, solopreneurs, lone creators of any kind, people who just want something done for private use as well, and as nice as it is to work for medium or big companies, that won't change. 

Working with small clients may get you less clout than being able to list big names in your profile, but working with small clients has strong points going for it too, like you get to work with someone who is usually very passionate about what they are doing, it's very direct and easy communication without forth and back between several people, you get to help someone "small" like yourself with their dreams, you get to see (and be part of) their development over years (maybe decades even...), which is really super interesting as well as rewarding not just in a financial way, ...

Surely many sellers feel like that and will continue to work with "small" clients, so I don't think there's anything to "fear" in that regard. Is it possible that some sellers are working or eventually will only work with big companies? I guess so, but as long as a client will pay somewhat fair prices, I'm sure there will be enough sellers left, and joining, for small clients to choose from. And, in the end, if passionate clients of all sorts can find passionate and good sellers they can work with via a healthy platform that isn't going anywhere anytime soon, in a familiar if changing environment, that should benefit everyone.

Just my two cents from the perspective of a small seller with many small customers. 🙂 

5 hours ago, frank_d said:

Based on what I see currently in development by several teams on Fiverr, I think they are aiming to do the following:

-provide paying sellers with powerful tools and features

-capture and retain bigger and better Fiverr business buyers

There is definitely overlap between the two goals and they will need to tweak the “match making” quite a bit IMO.

Thanks for this explanation, @frank_d. This helps me see how the Business Marketplace fits into the overall plan by Fiverr. Yes, it's ambitious, and will take some tweaking. But when I first got the email about this, it sounded like a really solid direction, and one I liked quite a bit. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Oh, one question - where did you get the impression that Fiverr wanted to make this a white label experience? I didn't see that on the email or anywhere. Just curious.

On 12/9/2021 at 10:48 AM, elitedesignuk said:

One question - If I change / edit any of the text (the actual 'profile') on the business gig does that change the text on my regular gig?

When I went to "edit" mode on my business profile, it took me to my regular profile to make the actual change. At the top of the business profile, before you go into edit mode, is a button to learn more at the Help Center. It is very helpful, and explains how the process will work.

2 minutes ago, frank_d said:

Hey @danno1950

I said “white glove” service. Not white label.

My initial expectation was that this would be for the absolute crème de la crème of facilitators.

I was obviously mistaken.

My mistake, Frank. Yes, I understand how it now seems like they're not making it quite the top tier experience we initially had thought.

3 minutes ago, frank_d said:

My initial expectation was that this would be for the absolute crème de la crème of facilitators.

I wonder if they intend this a type of intermediate level between the $5 masses and Pro Verified sellers? Rhetorical question. It's a mystery to most of us!

Archived