Knock, Knock! Who's There? iMandyMakes!

imandymakes

Hello, Fiverr Community!

My name is Mandy and I'm new to Fiverr. I started a Seller account as a side hustle. I'm currently attending film school and it is NOT cheap. Between tuition and funding short films, I'm needing to make some money to help pay for it all. So, I came to Fiverr!

I've had an...interesting experience so far. A lot of direct messaging. I'm hoping I'll start to get orders through the actual gigs themselves. I had to turn down some orders today. From spam to questionable requests, all the way to someone trying to ask for a huge order at a MAJOR discount (only $5), it was hard to say no to the money, but I remembered to value and respect my work. Hopefully, things will run smoother and I'll get more legitimate orders. I've successfully completed one so far. I can't wait to complete more.

I'm not sure what the community here is like, but I can't wait to learn more about it!

Thanks for reading!

Mandy

2 hours ago, imandymakes said:

Hello, Fiverr Community!

My name is Mandy and I'm new to Fiverr. I started a Seller account as a side hustle. I'm currently attending film school and it is NOT cheap. Between tuition and funding short films, I'm needing to make some money to help pay for it all. So, I came to Fiverr!

I've had an...interesting experience so far. A lot of direct messaging. I'm hoping I'll start to get orders through the actual gigs themselves. I had to turn down some orders today. From spam to questionable requests, all the way to someone trying to ask for a huge order at a MAJOR discount (only $5), it was hard to say no to the money, but I remembered to value and respect my work. Hopefully, things will run smoother and I'll get more legitimate orders. I've successfully completed one so far. I can't wait to complete more.

I'm not sure what the community here is like, but I can't wait to learn more about it!

Thanks for reading!

Mandy

Welcome to Fiverr community and wish you all the best. 

A new video related seller! Welcome to the platform and the forum!

Starting off is the most challenging period on Fiverr, as one doesn't have seller levels and a track record of positive reviews to assure prospective buyers, but receiving that first order and a number of inquiries is definitely a positive sign.

As for "questionable" requests and penny-pinching buyers, that unfortunately naturally comes with the territory of selling ones services at such a low price. Once you hopefully gain a level and build a positive record as a genuine seller, then increasing your prices to weed out many of 'undesirable' buyers would be highly advised.

I started off selling five buck gigs, and yes, it definitely helped me rack up initial orders and reviews, but I quickly realized that remaining at such a price point was HIGHLY frustrating and fatiguing. Once I bumped up my prices (something I was very hesitant in doing), I noticed a clear difference in the caliber of buyers that inquired and ordered my services.

Good luck freelancing!

Archived