Tips from a Top Rated Seller - Tip 3

manuelmarino

This post is linked to Tips from a Top Rated Seller - Tip 1 | Tip 2

In these new posts I'll give you Tips to improve as Seller, and I will use my experience as Top Rated Seller. Please refer to my Forum profile where you can find my Fiverr link, since I'll use my Fiverr pages as references.

Tip 3 – Gig Descriptions

About descriptions let’s always consider my Best Selling GIG about Orchestral Music:

I will divide the description in different parts

Part 1) a short intro explaining what I’m doing with this GIG: Dear friends, my name is Manuel Marino … etc etc I explain in detail how it works with this fantastic GIG etc

Part 2) GIG packages descriptions. Here I explain in detail the Basic, Standard and Premium packages.

Part 3) Call for action! I ask the customer to contact me, assuring I’m always online (and it’s true, I keep my smartphone next to me even when I sleep and awake in few seconds if I hear a ringtone, to be ready to reply to my customers!)

Part 4) Recommendations. Here I include true recommendations I received. This is important, must be true endorsements!

That’s all for now!

See you in the next topic, always refer to my Forum profile where you can find my Fiverr link, since I'll use my Fiverr pages as references.

21 minutes ago, manuelmarino said:

and it’s true, I keep my smartphone next to me even when I sleep and awake in few seconds if I hear a ringtone, to be ready to reply to my customers!)

That really can't be good for you. Interrupting sleep like that has health implications over the long run.

2 hours ago, visualstudios said:

That really can't be good for you. Interrupting sleep like that has health implications over the long run.

If I say that I'm always available, I'm not lying. Anyway it's 20 years I do this way also with my local customers, and worldwide customers. I worked for years for Singapore and oriental customers and their working hours were my night hours. If you can't do it, don't do it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/7/2021 at 10:43 PM, manuelmarino said:
On 12/7/2021 at 7:54 PM, visualstudios said:

If I say that I'm always available, I'm not lying. Anyway it's 20 years I do this way also with my local customers, and worldwide customers. I worked for years for Singapore and oriental customers and their working hours were my night hours. If you can't do it, don't do it.

I didn't get the impression that he was doubting that you're always available, simply pointing out the negative impacts poor sleep can have on health in general. And that is very true. But everyone is different. Some folks can function on less sleep, or interrupted sleep, better than others. When I was younger, I could pull all nighters and function on 3 hours of sleep. Now that I'm older, I'm feeling it. 😉

When you're just starting out, it can be argued that prioritizing those incoming messages to the point of waking up in the middle of the night to reply will help keep your response rate in the green. Since the platform averages your response rate and time over a 60 day period, you're not going to have a lot of messages to help your average when you're just starting out. Over time, that does change, and taking a few extra hours to sleep before replying first thing in the morning doesn't impact your stats as badly. 

I *don't* agree with that model, personally, and really hate to be penalized by a non-human statistic for a basic human necessity such as sleep. People typically expect other people to be sleeping at 2am, and if anyone is upset about that, they're not the kinds of folks I want to work with anyway. 

When you're first starting out and you're in the hustle frame of mind, it can be helpful to get those responses in quickly even if you're letting your notifications wake you up at night. I would caution against making that a normal, permanent working arrangement, and just figure on it being a temporary springboard. As you grow and increase your business, you definitely still want to get your responses in quickly, but have a little more leeway for things like sleep and family time during off hours. 

A good work/life balance is essential for one's own health, mental health, quality family time, and not getting burned out. And ultimately for providing a great product and service, as well. You can't give your best to your clients if you're exhausted and can't concentrate. 😉

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2022 at 11:24 PM, greystorm2 said:

A good work/life balance is essential for one's own health, mental health, quality family time, and not getting burned out. And ultimately for providing a great product and service, as well. You can't give your best to your clients if you're exhausted and can't concentrate. 😉

you are absolutely right, the important thing is to know when you need to sleep, how many hours and so on. At the same time you need to balance work and life, family, food as well etc etc.

Archived