Tips for sellers from a relatively new seller and naive buyer!

rabihumakhan

Hello! 

I've spent a little over three months on fiverr and will soon achieve level two badge! (probably on 15th of Jan). 

Here's a few generic thoughts on how to interact on this forum and how to get sales over marketplace! 

Marketplace tips:

1. The most important tip for new sellers on fiverr is to just follow the basics. Creating a gig is/should be an art; writing a few incoherent sentences and using a stolen image/thumbnail won't get you any sales. Yes, you need to know what's you niche? Is it situated or super situated? If it's super situated, do you've something unique to offer? 

No, a logo your momma thinks is the best one doesn't count. 

2. Staying online anywhere, even on an app that's magical and may make you a king of the world beneath Bermuda triangle wouldn't get you sales, let alone staying online on this forum. 

3. You absolutely are responsible for your own success and failure, don't expect anyone else to help you. 

4. You need to send custom offers only on those buyers requests you are confident enough you can go above and beyond on. Remember, getting an order isn't your aim, rather aim at providing the kind of quality you would be proud off. 

5. The freelancing world is dynamic; it changes every time so you need to pace up and run as faster as you can to be able to maintain your business. Otherwise, you're doomed and nobody cares. 

6. I understand how important your first, second, third, or tenth, etc. order is for you, it doesn't matter for us and we don't care. You need to be silent in your journey and not to waste your time on providing us with the irrelevant info we may not notice. Spend that energy on your business and find your target customers. 

Tips about this forum:

1. There are a few icons that you can use for thank-you, good, yes, haha, confused, etc. so spamming the forum with those words is unnecessary, unwarranted, and rude. 

2. It is understandable that we are a mixed bag of Asians, Europeans, Americans, Australians, and Africans and not all of us speak English as a first language; however, regurgitating prawns isn't acceptable. You must work on improving your English before plunging into the arena of international business. 

3. Staying active 24/7 is absolutely NONSENSE and don't listen to anyone who tells you to do this. 

4. It is annoying to post questions about certain things that are already answered in ToS, community guidelines, or in previous posts. So just ask questions about  the unique situations you're caught in and you can't find a solution for. 

5. Dear, sir, bro, sir, I will p*** for you, etc. are considered to be rude, so...... Refrain from using such terms. 

6. Last tip, you're not an employee but a freelancer, an independent contractor, so be like one. 

Please pray for me! 

On 12/7/2021 at 2:49 PM, rabihumakhan said:

1. There are a few icons that you can use for thank-you, good, yes, haha, confused, etc. so spamming the forum with those words is unnecessary, unwarranted, and rude. 

it is funny to me that a non-trivial portion of your thoughtfully conceived, and well written post is about not wasting time on non-value-added activities, such as trying to boost your forum rank by replying "thank you" or "congrats" to ever post, and yet that is exactly what most of the comments I see so far are.  

Fellow forum members, I speak for myself only, but stop wasting time, and cluttering up the forums, with comments and questions which do not add value to the conversation.  

On 12/7/2021 at 2:49 PM, rabihumakhan said:

6. Last tip, you're not an employee but a freelancer, an independent contractor, so be like one. 

Everyone should read this 10 times per day.  If you are on Fiverr, you are a small business owner.  End of story, full stop.  Treat it like a business.  This means you have to learn your business, and part of that is learning how to market and sell.  

18 hours ago, cs_evans said:

funny to me that a non-trivial portion of your thoughtfully conceived, and well written post is about not wasting time on non-value-added activities, such as trying to boost your forum rank by replying "thank you" or "congrats" to ever post, and yet that is exactly what most of the comments I see so far are.  

This gets me discombobulated so often. 

I never want to sound judgemental but it seems that most of us (talking about sellers) fail because we don't care about what's being said and advised! 

I have purchased from a few sellers over here but did never use a buyer request. I now can understand how horrible it could be for buyers to receive absolutely irrelevant proposals. Most of the sellers wouldn't even bother to read the buyer request before shooting a response. 

Proof: this post. 

13 hours ago, visualstudios said:

What is this I see, a relatively new seller giving advice on the forum that is well written, correct, and not copy pasted? What?? That's it, the world is coming to an end. This is a very bad omen, surely we're nearing the end times.

Haha, I'm sure yer not being sarcastic, at least about my post or writing ability! 

Though, you're right. Sanity, comprehension, coherence, and clarity are rare entities these days. 

Also, I use the 'learning by doing' technique to speed up my race and get into the top few people that know how to run their business. 

• 2 weeks later...

1St congress for your success. I'm a beginner at fiver . For beginners it is really tuff to find out what they do what they not do. which is important for him which is not. So I appreciate with you that publish one gig is not enough for get buyer. So we need to proper education about freelancing I think. 

Archived