CONTEST for the Really Cool Topic in the Forum

manuelmarino

• 5 weeks later...

I've started random threads in the past, I think one thread that did pretty well (I think it was 2~3 years ago);

I asked "what was a movie that terrified you when you were a child?"

I think it ended up being a fun thread, maybe I can do it again. 

I'm just tired of seeing the "usual" spam threads...

What else have I posted in the past; something like what's your favorite snack? drink? what did you guys eat for Christmas? 
In most cases they have nothing to do with Fiverr.
"Worst buyer experience" threads can be fun at times though.

I thought of starting a "What's your New years resolution?" thread but I ended up not posting it because I was worried I'll get a lot of
"I want more orders, help me."

On 1/5/2022 at 7:40 PM, mariashtelle1 said:

@vickiespencer’s Emoji game is the only fun place left here 

6 hours ago, zeus777 said:

I thought of starting a "What's your New years resolution?" thread but I ended up not posting it because I was worried I'll get a lot of
"I want more orders, help me."

I used to make many fun threads. I tried to do that on this new version of the Fiverr Forum, but my thread was copied by another user who wanted to start his own game. Then there was the steady flow of "Congo, good work, I agree" and the like. I gave up!

I never thought I would say it, but I miss the old Fiverr forum.  

4 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

I used to make many fun threads. I tried to do that on this new version of the Fiverr Forum, but my thread was copied by another user who wanted to start his own game. Then there was the steady flow of "Congo, good work, I agree" and the like. I gave up!

I think that there is considerable improvement though Vickie. I mean the fact that this very thread wasn't spammed is surprising 😅 

23 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

The shiny newness has worn off, huh?
Makes me wonder about the amount office-politics and management oversight that are going on in the background. It's the only non-insulting explanation I can think of for the slowness and lack of transparency. 
I do miss the old forum, but mostly I miss the level 3&4 lounge. It was slow, yeah, but it was quiet and very few no-content posts showed up. Plus, even if it wasn't a direct connection, issues we brought up were more likely to be seen and acknowledged by the mderators. It was an earned refuge, and that meant something.

And, yes, I specifically used the word 'refuge' because there is no safe place anywhere else on the forums.

My favorite 'really-cool-topic' on the forums? The library that was (is?) in the lounge.

On 1/8/2022 at 7:11 AM, surajkartha said:

I mean the fact that this very thread wasn't spammed is surprising

It's not surprising, it's a miracle!!!

Jokes (well, not really a joke, I actually am glad that there is ONE post that is spam free) aside, maybe I'll start another random thread soon.
Speaking of random, I had a tuna cheese melt toast at a cafe for breakfast this morning before heading the office.

The hot, melted cheese stuck to the inside of my mouth and got slightly burnt.
Guys be careful, anything can become dangerous and harmful, even a cheese tuna melt...

Dear friends, seems this is our special thread 😀 home, HQ, base or whatever 😊

On 1/6/2022 at 3:40 AM, mariashtelle1 said:

It’s all the same old tips and tricks from people who have zero orders

exactly, unfortunately... but we love gurus 😄 haha

On 1/7/2022 at 6:17 PM, vickiespencer said:

never thought I would say it, but I miss the old Fiverr forum.  

yes, well, time to move on... maybe we'll see another new huge update in the future (nono, I've no news for that!! just hoping for the future) 🙂

Ah about my famous diet, now I'm focusing on mediterranean. Means low carbs, but a lot of vegetables and fruits and of course mediterranean products. I think the best is to keep on that while I learn a new eating habit.

Healthy food is good also against any kind of viruses 😉

On 1/7/2022 at 11:34 AM, zeus777 said:

I asked "what was a movie that terrified you when you were a child?"

I think it ended up being a fun thread, maybe I can do it again. 

I might share the experience of watching "Requiem for a dream" when I was about 12 because the soundtrack sounded really cool, just to end up promising myself not to ever do those drugs upon seeing the ending 🙂

22 hours ago, aarontgladiator said:

2 people argue over something stupid trying to prove which one is smarter.

Sometimes people DO argue over something that is quite dumb, in other cases the topics can be serious and in a lot of cases both sides make a good argument and they each have their own points to prove.
Having that said though, sometimes it gets a bit too heated up, and that's when I leave!! 😆

• 1 month later...

Archived