Why Fiverr Allows Copy Cat Gigs To Exist

dreday911

I am sure my story isn’t unique. As a seller you spend countless hours making your gig stand-out as original. You pick the right angle and use your profits to reinvest into your gig. Then one day someone who hasn’t the innovative mind that you possess (usually from an underdeveloped country) copies your gig right down to the cover photo. What can you do? Well, my experience says you can do nothing. Perhaps it’s because two gigs making money are better than one? That is my only conclusion because Fiverr has done nothing to address my situation and its been three days. I am not ranting just warning other seller as to what is coming. It is also a warning to buyers because copying gigs stifles innovation and quality. In the end it is only Fiverr’s business model that will suffer because eventually what comes around goes around eh fill in the blank dot com?

Reply to @kjblynx:

Thanks but I can read and reading it again will be of no help. I have a copy cat gig that has copied my cover photo. Does anyone have a solution besides telling me to do the obvious which I have obviously tried because I have common sense.

Guest celticmoon

Liar, liar, pants on fire!

You have been unpleasant to EVERYBODY here.

Yup. I can post in the forums just for the sake of it. And, look! I’m doing it again.

So, Fiverr will suffer because you’re not getting your own way, is that it?

It just seems karma is giving you exactly what you deserve.

Enjoy~

• 8 months later...

Let us be nice to each other and not blow a little misunderstanding out of proportion. Two wrongs dosen’t make a right. I think where gigs are concerned, Fiverr need to have some control with this copy cat, duplicating other people gig thing. Can be very demotivating at times! :-h

I’ve thought about what I would do if someone resold my gig. But my gigs are very unique so they’d have to buy it, first. I would have to buy it back from them in order to tell if it was actually mine. And I’m not talking about the gig description or the picture-why would you care about that? I would just be flattered I was helping someone create their gig description/pictures if I were you. It’s not the end of the world.

Since I write reports I wondered about what I would do if someone bought my report on fiverr and resold it but what can you do? No one can really take my place because I am me and I am the best version of me. I just try to focus on providing quality work and customer service. If you are concerned, step it up a notch with getting traffic or pick even better photos for your gigs. Really there is no way around this and I would find other places to put my energy and focus on being irreplaceable by improving my services.

I think in this ever-changing world it’s important to be dynamic. Those who rip off of other people’s work aren’t willing to put the energy into it and people can see that. I’d focus on the advantages you have. Do you have a better understanding of a social media platform? Are you better at marketing your gigs? How can you improve? They are actually helping you! You (and we all are) wellsprings of divine inspiration. Some of us just aren’t aware of it, yet. Best to leave those people alone and let them work it out. They can’t hurt you.

Good luck!

Reply to @rachel44: You made me curious about what makes your gigs unique so I took a look. You do have some cool gigs going! I noticed something unusual in your twitter gig, though, so I wanted to give you a quick heads up. You mention in that one that they buyer has to buy the $5 gig plus a gig extra or you cancel. I believe that Fiverr requires that you have something in every gig that the buyer can get for five bucks. Just a tip!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived