Can we get the old order page back?

misscrystal

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

None of those apply to "order delivery". You can say it changes the workflow (I don't really agree), but order delivery means something concrete, and it works the exact same way.

I don't simply go away and come back and deliver an order.  I walk the client through a process which I use on the order page.  Yes if I just go away and come back and hit the delivery button it would be easier.

That works about the same. You still have the chat on the order page, where you can talk with the client. As you can see on that screenshot, client places order, I send him a message on the order page. If they reply, it's right there, under my message, like it was before. Nothing changed.

Screenshot 2021-12-07 at 12.11.04.png

8 minutes ago, misscrystal said:

Do you notice the separate boxes on that page?  Or the SEVEN additional and needless messages the system added, when it should be simply your messages to the client and their responses?

I'm not a designer. Yes, I see the system messages. They don't make any difference in terms of workflow. Those are notifications of order progress and events. I won't get any more unless there are changes to the order state (disputes, extras, time extensions, deliveries, etc.). Which should be there. Other than that, all the messages are in a row. What harm is there in having the system messages there? They can even be collapsed lol. It's just as easy to follow the conversation as it was before. It's actually better this way, since you can immediately reference things that changed in the order inline with the conversation.

For example, if I'm talking to a client about a deadline extension, it's useful to have the system message with a deadline change to be in the middle of the conversation. That way I can point to it if the client misunderstands something ("see, you said this, and then the order deadline was updated, and then I said this, etc."), instead of the "you said, I said" that was the case before, with no direct way to reference changes in a timeline. It's more organised, less room for misunderstandings.

As for the boxes... what functional difference do they make, other than you not liking them for some reason?

I dislike having my messages back and forth with the client interspersed with needless comments from the system.   Each time we have to read those and then decide to mentally ignore them so we can continue with our process.  It's needless clutter just like having to click on so many things that all should be simply laid out at the top of the page.  Meaning the order as it was placed, and the requirements.

They are not needless. They are useful to keep track of things. And they are not "comments", they are status updates.

It's useful to see when the order started, when the deadline changed, when a revision was requested, when a delivery was made, in relation to the conversation taking place. And they are easy to ignore if you don't need them.

1 minute ago, misscrystal said:

And no unfortunately those messages throughout the conversation with the client cannot be collapsed. 

Yeah, my bad, there's nothing to collapse, they are already collapsed, so to say. It's the other messages that can be collapsed, since they can be more than one line.

2 minutes ago, misscrystal said:

I want the old order page back.

Oh well, you ain't getting it.

1 minute ago, misscrystal said:

I want a page with two people involved, not two people and a mindless system participating by "helpfully" throwing in all it's little comments.

Again, not comments, order status updates. And this is gonna stay, obviously with some tweaking and polishing. It's a step in the right direction.

Just now, misscrystal said:

And I want my quick responses so they can be arranged by me so I don't have to spend five minutes hunting for the one I want.  They aren't even in a list.  They are thrown together in a jumble.

Yeah, that would be nice, but the quick response system on Fiverr has always been weak, this is not new. Being on a one column list or in a "cloud" makes little difference. They should be re-arrangeable and sortable, that's the key. In either case, this works well enough unless there's hundreds of them, and at that point it may as well have a robot responding lol

I'm going to have to find a way to continue delivering as always that is a workaround for this very confusing and needlessly complex order page.

And visualstudios thank you for your input.  Always good to see an opposing point of view.

I hope some others come along with their views on it.

Wait for logo designers to find out that Custom LogoMaker logos can not be delivered with a new page anymore 🤷‍♀️ 

I had this page for quite a few months and at least before I could always switch back to the old page but not anymore…. I hate switching between tabs to see the requirements and then a different tab to see which package client ordered and then a different tab to see if client left messages… brrr.. 

7 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

I hate switching between tabs to see the requirements and then a different tab to see which package client ordered and then a different tab to see if client left messages…

You don't need to do that. Check the screenshot, you just need to expand the "your order details" section, it's all there. The "details" tab is redundant, actually - it's the same info as the "your order details section", just shown with a different layout. Everything you need for the order is on the single activity page, you don't ever need to switch tabs. Not sure why the details tab even exists, there's no point to it.

Screenshot 2021-12-07 at 12.11.04.png

Every time I now look at the order page I have to click on things and try to mentally skip over things to get to the messages I send and that the client sends.   It's a mashup, a jumbled, overly complex page for what should be a very simple layout.

at least this needs to go:

Today

X placed the orderDec 7, 2:29 AM

X is new to Fiverr. Become their go-to seller by being responsive to their needs and delivering superb work.

sent the requirementsDec 7, 2:30 AM

The order page now has 1. horizontal lines, 2. headers in darkened boxes 3. additional boxes around things 4. little emoji's in front of the system messages

Update:  I have now used the new order page to deliver two orders and this time was slightly easier.  I still had a struggle to find the quick responses I needed but aside from that it was better.  

If we had sub folders for our quick responses to organize, and some way to move them around, it would be a big help. 

4 hours ago, misscrystal said:

Update:  I have now used the new order page to deliver two orders and this time was slightly easier.  I still had a struggle to find the quick responses I needed but aside from that it was better.  

As I told you earlier, you get used to it. Yes, it's not ideal, but deliver 10-20 orders and it will be fine. It does look better than the previous order page, and eventually you get used to all the features. I did.

13 hours ago, misscrystal said:

The new order page is very confusing.

I don't need all the extra clutter on it.  And my clients are going to be very confused as well. 

I depend on that order page to do my work.  Why have all the many little windows?

Why is it now yellow?   It's just as confusing as this forum.  

Simple is best.  It's a project to figure out this new layout.

Here's the thing, and I'll use Facebook as an example, since everyone knows Facebook. 

Every time they change something, people go crazy. They hate it. 

But if you wait a few weeks, and then move people back to the old layout, they will go crazy again

Why? Because humans hate change. It's in our DNA to look for patterns we recognize. 

So, while you might hate this new order page now, I'd like to hear your opinion on the matter a year from now, if they switched back to it. 

I have only one single complaint about the new order page: the content is too wide. 

Beyond that, I know I'll get used to it. 

Just imagine if Fiverr went back to this... Would we be happy? 

It's from 2013. Obviously, a bit more than a year, but it's a perfect example. I'm sure some people reacted badly when Fiverr changed from that to their 2014 layout as well. 

fiverr old 1.jpg

And yes. There was a time when you could sell "I will sing Happy birthday or any message you want in a strong british accent, wearing only a.... for 5$" (!!!!)

14 hours ago, misscrystal said:

The new order page is very confusing.

I don't need all the extra clutter on it.  And my clients are going to be very confused as well. 

I depend on that order page to do my work.  Why have all the many little windows?

Why is it now yellow?   It's just as confusing as this forum.  

Simple is best.  It's a project to figure out this new layout.

I agree. The new order page is a bit much. The previous version was fine. Not sure why it was changed.

Archived