Can we get the old order page back?

misscrystal

The new order page is very confusing.

I don't need all the extra clutter on it.  And my clients are going to be very confused as well. 

I depend on that order page to do my work.  Why have all the many little windows?

Why is it now yellow?   It's just as confusing as this forum.  

Simple is best.  It's a project to figure out this new layout.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think buyers already had this layout for a while. It just wasn't implemented for sellers.

At first I agree, it was difficult to figure out everything. But give it a week, and you will get used to it. I like the fact that there's a separate tab for requirements, where you can see everything without the clutter.

Sure, I would love to see the old order page back, but most likely that will never happen. So, it is what it is.

I shouldn't need a week, or even a day, to figure out the page I have to work with.

I now have to look at nine separate windows on that page including the blue nag box which I have to always click on every time I look at the page.

I'm fighting an uphill battle each time I look at the order page simply to send a message. 

I want the order page to simply show what I write and what my client writes.  Instead our messages have constant insertions from the system throughout, just like this forum keeps interrupting what I'm writing with notifications.

27 minutes ago, misscrystal said:

I shouldn't need a week, or even a day, to figure out the page I have to work with.

I agree, what I meant is that eventually you get used to it. I don't find it simple or anything, but it is what it is. It does make sense to bring a revamp, I don't find this the best, but with time you will get used to it. Yes, it was a nightmare for me too, at least for a while.

Is there no longer any way to rearrange our quick responses?

I just spent five minutes scrolling up and down trying to find my quick responses.  That window needs to be fully visable without having to scroll at all so I'm not wasting time having to scroll and hunt for the message I want.

9 minutes ago, misscrystal said:

I just delivered an order and it still says "order in progress".   

Because the order is in progress, as in, it's not complete or under revision. It will only go to "review delivery" if the client requests a revision. They could add a new step in there called "waiting for revision request" or "order delivered", I guess. They could also change the name of the "review delivery" step to "under revision", it would be clearer. The thing is that it's not a mandatory step, unlike the others. Some orders will go straight from "order in progress" to "order completed", skipping that step entirely.

1 minute ago, misscrystal said:

So even though it's been delivered it's in progress until it's marked complete?  

It's always been that way. All orders that are open are considered orders in progress. It's just that before that was not displayed in the same way. Makes no functional difference what they choose to call it.

It shouldn't be that difficult.   And that blue nag box overlapping where I'm trying to put messages that has to be clicked on is terrible.  It's such a challenge.  I suppose anything can eventually be adapted to but it doesn't need to be that confusing.

"if it ain't broke don't "fix" it."  

It's not that difficult. When I got the update, everything was self explanatory, pretty much. The workflow is exactly the same. What I need to do didn't change.

The box pushing gig extras is annoying, but that's something Fiverr has always done, pointless notifications. Try to create a gig? "Here, let us explain why you can offer three tiers, again". 

33 minutes ago, misscrystal said:

I just spent five minutes scrolling up and down trying to find my quick responses.  That window needs to be fully visable without having to scroll at all so I'm not wasting time having to scroll and hunt for the message I want.

I don't think so.

You could theoretically paste each one of them in a document, delete them all and re-add them one by one. 

1 minute ago, visualstudios said:

It's not that difficult. When I got the update, everything was self explanatory, pretty much. The workflow is exactly the same. What I need to do didn't change.

It gets easier with time, but if you processed thousands of orders with the previous interface and they shift to this right away, then that becomes an issue.

I am going to do just that, thank you for the suggestion.  Or better yet make my own folder with the responses I need and go back to copying and pasting them, like I did before they implemented quick responses.    I cannot keep hunting through them and scrolling continually looking for what I need. 

Wasn't my experience, I don't know. Everything I need is evident right there. I can see at a glance the time, the requirements, and the conversation. What else is there to know?

In regards to the auto messages, they seem to work fine for me. I can expand it and see all the messages there. I would like to be able to drag them and re-arrange them, but other than that, it works fine.

5 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Order delivery works exactly the same way. Other than the button being in a slightly different place.

Thank you for making me laugh.

At any rate, I'm wasting my time with this, complaining about it.  It just means more time spent on the order deliveries to make sure I'm doing it correctly, and more hunting for the responses I need.  I have done this nine years in a certain way which worked well.   It involved:

1. being able to see the order as it was written on the same page as

2. seeing the requirements on the same page (without having to click on anything else to do that)

3. delivering several messages in a row, which were easy to find from the quick responses

4. seeing responses from my clients in order, not in separate boxes, on the order page

5. not being distracted by inserted system messages throughout the entire order page and messages on the order page  

9 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

How does order delivery work differently exactly? 

Before - click deliver now, deliver.
Now - click deliver now (button in a different place), deliver.

I don't get it.

If you read the post of mine above yours you will see five ways it's different.  My process is probably different from yours.

Archived