Why do all my gigs have "0 views" today?

liana_petr

13 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Stop checking the stats. A watched pot never boils. I have no idea how my stats are, it's irrelevant, I can't control them. I put up the best gigs I can, and then I wait. While I wait, I do other productive stuff. And unproductive stuff, like writing on the forums.

It's not irrelevant. You need to check and see how well your gig doing. Better or worse? If worse then it needs to be changed.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, srennielsen said:

You need to check and see how well your gig doing. Better or worse? If worse then it needs to be changed.

No, you don't. Stats go up and down all the time regardless of changing the gig or not. If it goes down, you can't know if it is due to the gig itself, or due to Fiverr's rotation, etc. You can't do A/B testing, so it's worthless. You don't know what you're talking about.

• Like 6

Since so many people were complaining about zero impressions, I took a look at my numbers -- something I never do. I have zero impressions for the last two days, too. Strange! However, I know there's nothing wrong with my gigs unless Fiverr just changed some huge, fundamental thing. I'm still getting orders.

Maybe it's a glitch. One or two days of unexpected data do NOT provide enough to warrant sweeping changes to your gig or business practices.

• Like 14
  • Up 1

On 12/4/2021 at 6:39 PM, visualstudios said:

Stop checking the stats. A watched pot never boils. I have no idea how my stats are, it's irrelevant, I can't control them. I put up the best gigs I can, and then I wait. While I wait, I do other productive stuff. And unproductive stuff, like writing on the forums.

That is 100% wrong. I'm not one to chime in and tell someone they're wrong, but someone could take this advice seriously. You NEED to check stats, but do it resourcefully. There are 3 key things - impressions, clicks, conversion. If you change the thumbnail and after a week of changes see it'd dropping, it needs to be fixed. If everyone is clicking a lot, but no one is buying, descriptions and pricing needs to be fixed/adjusted. If there's no impressions, then titles and keywords need to be fixed. Anyone reading this know it's not just blind luck, it's pretty hard to figure it out and once you got it right, people will see, click, buy. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lloydsolutions said:

It is a systems error which Fiverr are aware of and are in the process of fixing. Hopefully that will be soon.

But I have been going through this difficult time for four months. I have only a thousand impressions once. The rest of the time it's stuck at the bottom, not to mention click. I'm really having a hard time

• Like 4

On 12/4/2021 at 8:39 PM, visualstudios said:

I'm new here...brand new, but I beg to disagree. Stats are important since they give you vital information on how to improve sales. Like if your impressions are high and conversion low, you know that people are seeing your gig in their searches, but they are not clicking. It means your gig is relevant and your keywords good, but maybe want to update your gig photo or maybe even add a video... Stuff like that. Just saying.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, artatei said:

That is 100% wrong. I'm not one to chime in and tell someone they're wrong, but someone could take this advice seriously. You NEED to check stats, but do it resourcefully. There are 3 key things - impressions, clicks, conversion. If you change the thumbnail and after a week of changes see it'd dropping, it needs to be fixed.

That's not my point. Yes, if you make changes to the gig, or create a new gig, you should see what happens. But this was not what the poster was talking about. He was talking about a sudden drop in the impressions for seemingly no reason, from one day to the next. If you have a thumbnail, video, etc. that is working great and suddenly the stats drop, it means nothing. It's just algorithm reshuffling gigs. There's nothing you can do to stop or change that, it just happens. I've seen it happen time and time again, and then it shoots right back up later without me changing a single thing about the gig.

You need to realise that 90% of people posting about stats should not be worried about stats, at all. Those who know how to do what you just described will not make a post like this on the forum. For each person that looks at stats sporadically just to check if everything is ok, or after major gig changes, there are 10 that get no orders and spend the day worrying and looking at the stats like that would change anything.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 7
  • Up 1