Have you ever made friends on fiverr?

Guest bigmish

Guest bigmish

I’ve met a lot of really nice people, I was wondering if anyone considers fellow sellers to be friends? Like, ever send each other messages just to chat?

They had an event in NYC a while back. Some sellers were invited but unfortunately I had to work my day job that day or I would have went myself. A lot of Fiverr users got together, hung out, talked about their Fiverr selling and then went home. I am sure a good bit of them made connections with eachother. In general, I have some on here I would consider friends, and others which I would consider… work acquaintences?

Guest celticmoon

Totally agree with these comments. In fact, these are some of the folks I consider my online fiverr friends! Friendship has a lot to do with having a rapport while still being respectful that there will be some difference of opinions along the way. The cherry on top is when you run across people who let you rant when you need to without being judgemental, and who join in the fun when you’re in a silly mood~!

:D/

I have not met any Fiverr friends. I spend some time in the forums but not a lot. It would be great to make some Fiverr friends though it would be a great way to have a referral system for when clients needed additional services that I could not provide.

freelancemm said: They had an event in NYC a while back. Some sellers were invited but unfortunately I had to work my day job that day or I would have went myself.

My son and I were there, October 2013 and just to clarify. From what I saw on the Forum in the weeks before the meet up, and from what I witnessed at the event, Fiverr invited ALL Fiver Buyers and Sellers, not just "Some Sellers".

Reply to @voiceoverwork: Well they actually told me it was from a selected pool of sellers? I could get a direct quote if you would like. Perhaps their selected pool or “unique invitation” was in regards to anyone that has levels or they were just oddly being extra friendly with me in the private messages that were sent to me? I would think if it was an event that was meant for everyone, it’s a bit weird they would send a PM directly and personalized to me, no? Wouldn’t it have been easier to just send an email out to everyone or post a thread up on the forums here prior to the event? I can’t say one way or another since I couldn’t make it. I also wasn’t really being “selective” with my word choice, it was just my understanding that not all sellers were invited.

@kjblynx Yeah, I actually got full details about it I believe a month in advance via PM in regards to the event and couldn’t find any full trace mention of it on the forum at the time. I almost thought it was some kind of phishing email until I compared the user-name to one of the staff I see post on the forum on occasion. Either way, I do hope they have another one soon although oddly enough I actually knew a few sellers indirectly through other sources that I have met in the past but it would be interesting to meet some others. Do you know if they had plans for another one any time soon?

Guest celticmoon

I had a personal invitation also, but for some reason I thought those were directed at people who lived in the NYC regional area and were more likely to attend a function that lasted only hours, and didn’t include any accommodation deals (or not that I remember).

It did look like a lot of fun, and I wish I could’ve attended. If it weren’t for my disability, I would have. But it would’ve been too much driving in 1 day for me, I couldn’t wrangle anyone to drive to the city with me, plus I’m too poor to stay over in NYC anymore~ 😦

When I’m independently wealthy, I’ll send limos for you all, and we’ll have fun~!

Guest rupkothakpi

I’m new at fiverr and also new at forum. I think I will make some good friends at this forum.

Archived