I am a BUYER: Question about Custom Order Ad

wpendarvis

Question

Hello!

I am 100% positive I'm doing this wrong... I apologize in advance.😬

As a buyer, I recently posted an ad for a Custom Gig. I received 30 responses... and ALL of them reminded me of the problems I encounter every time I post a Custom Order ad.

1- NOBODY actually READS the ad. If I am requesting someone to do some artwork for an album cover, I get people responding saying they will be happy to create a whiteboard video for me! (BTW: Why would you EVER waste your time posting for something you KNOW you can't do?!)

2- Almost everyone accepted my price, and there is a bright green 'ORDER' button I could push to start the process... But once I speak to the seller.... Right before I order, they say "Now let's figure out a price". We already did that! You responded that you would do it for the price in my ad!

My Questions

1- If I push the order button, wouldn't that seller have a commitment to do my project at that price?

2- What can I do to not waste SO much time weeding through people who have NO ability to do what they are saying they will do AND to stop sellers from trying to jack the price up (by 1000%!) after they have put a bid in already?

And YES! I am EXTREMELY clear in my ad description of exactly what I am asked ng for and what I will pay.

BTW: As someone who has bought hundreds of times on the platform, if any seller has a question I would be happy to answer if I can!

Thanks all!

10 answers to this question

Ouch... You decided to dive into the piranha tank of Buyer Requests, where desperation, scams, and copy-pasted responses thrive like bacteria on the mattress of a run down motel.

1. That would be the price you are charged, but that doesn't stop sellers from trying to push gig extras to bump up the total cost of the order. Fortunately, gig extra requests are applied only if the buyer agrees to them.

2. You've hit one (of many) major issues of Buyer Requests. The vetting process is entirely manual and up to the buyer alone. As for sellers suddenly requesting more payment, that reveals that the person didn't really understand the scope of the order or is just a scummy/scammy seller and it's better that you cut them out early.

THANK YOU! That is SUCH a relief to hear you say that! I thought I MUST be crazy!

Yeah! I got 30 messages that all say something like 

"Hello Dear! I have read your description and understand exact you need what! I am perfect for this best number 1 buyer!" ... (and they have absolutely no idea what they are bidding on).

I get it. Fiverr can't weed these out I suppose... but I described my project in great detail. I'm 100% honest and up-front about everything. 

If my BUDGET that I post and their BID on my post have NOTHING to do with what I will pay or what they want for doing the work... WHY INCLUDE THAT INFO AT ALL? It has nothing to do with anything!

1 hour ago, wpendarvis said:

"Hello Dear! I have read your description and understand exact you need what! I am perfect for this best number 1 buyer!" ... (and they have absolutely no idea what they are bidding on).

It seems most of these sellers are on this forum too! 
FYI, i would avoid Buyer Requests. It takes more work up front, but filter what you need from 5r's search and message your shortlist directly. (You can always copy & paste your messages for this). Otherwise, yes, you will get shed loads of rubbish coming back at you.  

7 hours ago, wpendarvis said:

What can I do to not waste SO much time weeding through people who have NO ability to do what they are saying they will do AND to stop sellers from trying to jack the price up

Buyer requests section is quite tricky. Most of the good sellers already busy and never look and buyer request section. 
90% of people there are desperate sellers who don’t have enough work. 
it’s always better to look for sellers through search button because you’ll be able to contact best sellers yourself 

9 hours ago, wpendarvis said:

Hello!

As a buyer, I recently posted an ad for a Custom Gig. I received 30 responses... and ALL of them reminded me of the problems I encounter every time I post a Custom Order ad.

1- NOBODY actually READS the ad. If I am requesting someone to do some artwork for an album cover, I get people responding saying they will be happy to create a whiteboard video for me! (BTW: Why would you EVER waste your time posting for something you KNOW you can't do?!)

2- Almost everyone accepted my price, and there is a bright green 'ORDER' button I could push to start the process... But once I speak to the seller.... Right before I order, they say "Now let's figure out a price". We already did that! You responded that you would do it for the price in my ad!

My Questions

1- If I push the order button, wouldn't that seller have a commitment to do my project at that price?

2- What can I do to not waste SO much time weeding through people who have NO ability to do what they are saying they will do AND to stop sellers from trying to jack the price up (by 1000%!) after they have put a bid in already?

And YES! I am EXTREMELY clear in my ad description of exactly what I am asked ng for and what I will pay.

BTW: As someone who has bought hundreds of times on the platform, if any seller has a question I would be happy to answer if I can!

Thanks all!

Thanks 

6 hours ago, wpendarvis said:

"Hello Dear! I have read your description and understand exact you need what! I am perfect for this best number 1 buyer!

I am mostly a seller on here, but I often buys this and that and sometimes I wander into the buyer's request section...for a laugh. The past few times I've posted a request I got around 5-10 people starting their reply with 'HeLlO SiR'.... (so, clearly, they didn't even bother to look at my profile picture, name, OR signature. If you look a little closer, you will notice a whole bunch of the 'sellers' using the same replies as well. They are either the same person trying from 5 accounts (or using some 'popular' guy's template. 

As it's been said already, ignoring BR is the best idea (I have managed to find a few really cool artists so far via the search function myself, so there is hope.)

11 hours ago, chaitybaroi said:

Thanks 

I am confused. The original poster asked 2 questions and you responded with "Thanks," which makes no sense at all. On top of that 3 users @md_furkan_, @amirsohel527, and @asrafulislam159 gave your post a 986508223_ScreenShot2021-11-29at6_12_01PM.png.1ca799165604c624ad4be1c5213552b2.png⁉️ Did any of you even read the original post? 🤔
Please read before you react or post.

21 hours ago, wpendarvis said:

Hello!

My Questions

Thanks all!

1 they will be forced to do the job .

2 you can ask some basic question about the task and see who answer it best this will show if the seller has understanding about the buyer request.

the use of key Place holder test in buyer request also shows if the responder really goes to the request. 
you can always ask them to start their offer with a keyword

Archived