Does gig optimization really work here?

toner2d

If you are looking for "restore photo" in search - the gig of my competitor will be on 1st place right now. But this gig hasn't any "restore photo" keywords at all.

I am not saying that his gig is bad or anything like that, it is nice gig. So good luck to its owner 🙂

I'm just trying to figure out why i should worry about keywords when your competitor can be #1 with ZERO exact keywords in his gig description or gig tags? Yes, zero. 😕 I don't understand how it works, and it is so frustrating.

PS. The most funniest thing is that if you press Ctrl+F on page with this gig, enter "restore photo" - there will be just 1 match: the name of my gig in recommended gigs... Haha 😄

3 hours ago, toner2d said:

If you are looking for "restore photo" in search - the gig of my competitor will be on 1st place right now. But this gig hasn't any "restore photo" keywords at all.

I am not saying that his gig is bad or anything like that, it is nice gig. So good luck to its owner 🙂

I'm just trying to figure out why i should worry about keywords when your competitor can be #1 with ZERO exact keywords in his gig description or gig tags? Yes, zero. 😕 I don't understand how it works, and it is so frustrating.

PS. The most funniest thing is that if you press Ctrl+F on page with this gig, enter "restore photo" - there will be just 1 match: the name of my gig in recommended gigs... Haha 😄

Fiverr algorithm sucks. 

From my experience, Fiverr gives priority to people who have got more 5 star reviews than others. 

The more orders you get the higher the chance that you will get ranked on the first page.

Keywords are not that important if you have an active account, but they still matter.

Thanks.

Archived