Am I being scammed?

aarbei_123

Question

Hi everyone,

I just commissioned my first gig on Fiverr and I suspect the seller might not be legit.

After paying a large amount for the job, 5 minutes later the seller says the job is done and I need to release the payment to him. I have not received any results for the jobs and he keeps nagging me to release the payment asap.

I can understand that the seller wants to be paid,but when will I receive the my product?

He keeps saying I will receive my product in 2 weeks, but need to release the payment first.

Does this seem right?

Thank you

5 answers to this question

I don't know exactly what kind of job you're paying them to do, but for most orders, the deliverables need to be delivered when the seller marks the job as complete, so if they have not delivered what they were supposed to, then you can kick back for revision, and if they keep marking as delivered without delivering anything, you can contact customer service.

What kind of gig did you order?

do not mark anything as complete before it is delivered. Make it clear to this person you want what you ordered first and  want to make sure it is what you ordered.  if they persist with this contact support or cancel the order. This is anything but legit and not allowed.

6 hours ago, aarbei_123 said:

Hi everyone,

I just commissioned my first gig on Fiverr and I suspect the seller might not be legit.

After paying a large amount for the job, 5 minutes later the seller says the job is done and I need to release the payment to him. I have not received any results for the jobs and he keeps nagging me to release the payment asap.

I can understand that the seller wants to be paid,but when will I receive the my product?

He keeps saying I will receive my product in 2 weeks, but need to release the payment first.

Does this seem right?

Thank you

100% yes! You are definitely being scammed.

I am a long time buyer. Blank delivery is against rules. At this point, contact customer support to cancel order. Attach the conversation that you've had with seller and tell them they broke the rules.

Archived