Does Fiverr actually review temporarily restricted accounts? 

data_dealer

My account was temporarily restricted over a month ago for offering services not allowed on Fiverr (Instagram scraping).
I got two warnings for the same issue. After the first warning, I tried reposting my gig with a changed description (which I thought do not break Fiverr rules anymore) and I got my account restricted. It is still under "review" which can take up to 90 days. 

Everyone I asked (on Reddit and other forums) said that Fiverr does not give the account back and does not review anything, they just wait for 5-6 weeks and ban the account permanently. It is really easy to believe this since after searching the Fiverr forum and Reddit community, I did not find a single case where a restricted account was restored. 

I get that this is completely my fault that I was not able to follow Fiverr rules, but I think this approach hurts both sellers and Fiverr. 

I had level two seller account registered in 2017. After quitting my job this summer I decided to expand my Fiverr business and started to add new gigs. I invested a lot of time and money to create IG scraping gig which caused the restriction of my account.
I have my best intentions and I haven't planned to break any Fiverr rules, my other services benefit both me and Fiverr.

Is there any chance I get back my account? Did anyone have their account successfully reviewed?

• 3 weeks later...

I feel the same way. 

My account has been under review for 12 days. 

the accusation is try to build a bussiness outside of fiverr. 

To fiverr's rules, if a seller would give their personal data, it needs to follow a Purchase within fiverr by the buyer.
But the thing is I have talked with employee and his boss from a different account made the payment within fiverr.

after exactly 1 day of our conversation with the employee, my account automatically got under review since there was no purchase from the same account. 

and Anyone who would read my chat box with the employee would understand that No one have tried to build a bussiness outside of fiverr, nor buyer side nor seller side. 

And if therei is possibility of  reviewing  of an account would take up to 90 days, I dont think anyone would bother to  review any account tbh.🤷‍♂️

• 3 weeks later...

On 12/12/2021 at 6:44 AM, eminetin said:

I feel the same way. 

My account has been under review for 12 days. 

the accusation is try to build a bussiness outside of fiverr. 

To fiverr's rules, if a seller would give their personal data, it needs to follow a Purchase within fiverr by the buyer.
But the thing is I have talked with employee and his boss from a different account made the payment within fiverr.

after exactly 1 day of our conversation with the employee, my account automatically got under review since there was no purchase from the same account. 

and Anyone who would read my chat box with the employee would understand that No one have tried to build a bussiness outside of fiverr, nor buyer side nor seller side. 

And if therei is possibility of  reviewing  of an account would take up to 90 days, I dont think anyone would bother to  review any account tbh.🤷‍♂️

My account was permanently disabled today. As expected, no actual review. I did not make even one sale of service they did not like. Nice new year present, thanks, Fiverr 

I think it's because you was restricted twice.

My account was restricted about a year ago. It was totally my fault - I just did something that was against the TOS and I didn't know about it. I just haven't read the TOS (and that's what many people do-don't read the ToS, just accept it, and it's a huge mistake)

When I contacted CS team, I tried to explain the situation. About 3 week later my account was all right again. But in fact, you can offer some services, that other sellers offers as well. But they block only you, or delete your gigs and you still can see other sellers with something you was restricted for. It's just a matter of time. They will be restricted too.

Just when you are not sure in something, it's better to ask CS team about the right decision, they will always help

On 12/13/2021 at 4:56 AM, eminetin said:

Really interesting. these useless comenst are madness. W** are their purpose?

Want a joke? Today I got a personal message in my inbox about how to be more "active on Fiverr forum". I asked why, and he told me - Fiverr forum active status will help to get more orders - CS team check it and if you are active on forum, they will give you more orders 😂  People truly believe that posting spam on Forum will help them to get orders🤷‍♀️

10 minutes ago, olyasr said:

I think it's because you was restricted twice.

My account was restricted about a year ago. It was totally my fault - I just did something that was against the TOS and I didn't know about it. I just haven't read the TOS (and that's what many people do-don't read the ToS, just accept it, and it's a huge mistake)

When I contacted CS team, I tried to explain the situation. About 3 week later my account was all right again. But in fact, you can offer some services, that other sellers offers as well. But they block only you, or delete your gigs and you still can see other sellers with something you was restricted for. It's just a matter of time. They will be restricted too.

Just when you are not sure in something, it's better to ask CS team about the right decision, they will always help

Thanks. It was first time my account was restricted. I got two warnings in two days. 

Also, I did contact CS two time before, they just told me they can't help and the other team is reviewing my account. 

2 hours ago, data_dealer said:

My account was permanently disabled today. As expected, no actual review. I did not make even one sale of service they did not like. Nice new year present, thanks, Fiverr 

it's really sad to hear that. Waiting for over 2 months to get results  do not befits any platform in 2021.

Archived